Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD

Dr. Jimenez
Telehealth services available

Texas Hearing Clinic

1340 Wonder World Dr Ste 4301 San Marcos, TX 78666

Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in San Marcos, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Ascension Seton Southwest. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jimenez to book an appointment.

Compare with other Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Jimenez with our nearby Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at St. David's South Austin Medical Center.

Make an appointment at St. David's South Austin Medical Center today at (512) 649-0896.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of St. David's South Austin Medical Center.

Dr. Jimenez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jimenez

Dr. Jimenez?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (20)
  • Explained conditions well (20)
  • Listened & answered questions (20)
  • Long wait times (1)
I had a total hip replacement performed by Dr Jimenez. I felt no pain the morning after the surgery. I am very pleased with the outcome of the surgery. Dr Jimenez and his staff has been very professional and helpful
Michael McDonald – May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I had my surgery May 5, 2020. Six weeks later I'm walking 5 to 6 miles a day and riding my bike 30 minutes. I am back doing all the things I used to do, except with no pain. This is a life-changing operation. It has added years to the quality of my life. Thanks Dr. J and your whole team. You are all awesome.
  • Long wait times
Art Crowe – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Had second hip replacement in March, other was done in December. Pain free from the first time out of bed after surgery. No more hip pain and knee pain gone too. Ironic that now I am ready to do all kinds of activities again, we are on lockdown and working from home. Walking my neighborhood again (hills too) which I haven’t done in a couple of years. Great doctor and CTMC was a great hospital.
Louise Mullins – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Ten months ago I could not walk across the room. Sleep was infrequent and troubled. Aspirin was no help. I was looking at a life of infirmity and pain. My left hip was a textbook example of severe osteoarthritis and I wanted relief from the pain if nothing else. My left leg was atrophied and shorter than the right leg. I was a mess. April the second of last year I had surgery. That day I could walk without pain. Yeah, I know that may sound like an exaggeration, but it is true. They made me take a pain pill in the hospital the first day and sent me home the next day. I have not taken a pain pill for anything sense. Two weeks later I finished the back deck that had been unfinished for the prior six months. Both legs are the same length and there is no muscle atrophy any longer. It took a few weeks for the muscles to strengthen, but I didn't notice while it happened. I sleep all night, work all day, walk anywhere I want, and drive as far as I would like. I can do again! I am 75.
John Lee – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I am writing this review for my 96 year old mother who had hip replacement in early August 2019. Prior to her replacement surgery she suffered from significant pain in her hip. Post surgery she has virtually no pain and is already walking, with the aid of a walker, much more effectively than before surgery. She highly recommends Dr. Jimenez.
Dan A. – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Two hip replacements with minimal dsiscomfort and excellent results.great attention to details and excellent bedside manner and availability. Well informed, friendly Staff. Highly recommended for expertise and overall patient experience.
Ann dupont in San marcos, TX – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Dr. Jimenez is an excellent physician. He replaced my left hip in August, 2018. During the surgery he discovered that my pelvis had been previously injured. He performed a bone graft to fix the pelvis. His skill is amazing. I had a speedy recovery and had no pain after 5 weeks. I was walking well after only 2 weeks. He is very personable and takes his time to answer all questions. Ben Taylor
Ben Taylor in Austin, TX – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I love Dr. Jimenez - he's totally for the patient - never rushes an appointment - I had a left hip replacement years ago which was so painful I remember crying in the hospital in pain - Dr. Jimenez recently replaced my right hip with the new anterior method and I honestly could have walked out of the hospital the same day. The only pain medicine I've needed for the recuperation from this surgery is Tylenol. I would recommend Dr. Jimenez to my family so you know I am more than pleased!
Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Very knowledgeable and great bed side manner. He explains and allows you to ask questions to make sure you understand your options.
Jane Plummer-Washington in Austin, TX – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Dr. Jimenez did a double knee replacement for me. I've been watching other doctors patients that have been in recovery for 3 months or more with a single replacement and they keep calling me their hero after only 6 weeks. I'm doing things after 6 weeks that they can't do after 3 months. Thank you Dr. Jimenez for your help. I can walk again!
Ms. Jean in Austin, TX – Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I am 70 years old & have been avoiding knee replacement surgery for years. When I accepted the fact I had to have surgery I was blessed with being referred to Dr. Chris Jimenez. With his knowledge, reassuring demeanor and professionalism I was confident the surgery would be successful. I’m 6 weeks out from surgery & amazed I am walking without any aid & have very little pain. I am thrilled with the results. Everyone had warned me recovery was long & painful. Dr. Jimenez is amazing.
Jeannie Pittman – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Dr. Jimenez is the best! I put off hip replacement surgery for years, and thank goodness I did. The moment I walked into Dr. Jimenez's office, I knew he was the surgeon I'd been looking for. He was so kind & patient explaining the anterior procedure, which previous doctor's had not mentioned. The surgery & my recovery were far less painful than I ever could have imagined, & the incision scar is so minimal. At the hospital, Dr. Jimenez's reputation for excellence was expressed by all. THNAK YOU!
Pamela in Austin, TX – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Dr. Jimenez was absolutely fabulous during both of my hip replacements. He explains thoroughly what is to be done. He listens to you which I felt I was in the best hands. His interaction before and after surgery is wonderful. He makes sure that you get everything you need to have a successful recovery. I have not felt this good in years. I will recommend him to anyone and all that want a total and satisfactory surgery and recovery. Thank you Dr. Jimenez
Karen Manry in Kyle, Texas – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Amazing doctor! Saved my life and made me feel safe and that everything was going to be ok when no other doctors were. My hip replacement surgery has heel incredibly fast with no complications and minimal pain to no pain. So many thanks to Dr. Jimenez and I highly recommend him to anyone.
Lindsay Palmer in Austin, TX – Apr 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
After undergoing one hip replacement and two hip revisions and living with chronic pain for over ten years, I had just about given up on my health. Then, after my own orthopedic surgeon suggested I talk with Dr. Jimenez, I found salvation. It's been just over a month since my hip revision, and already my pain level is lower than it has ever been. Would I recommend Dr. Jimenez? In a heartbeat! My whole outlook on life has changed. Perhaps yours will too.
Al Blunt in Austin, Texas – Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I was very surprised to find out I need a total hip replacement at 59, but the pain was so severe I had no choice. Dr. Jimenez explained the surgery clearly and he answered all my questions completely. He has always been happy to answer any question I have asked. I was up walking the day of surgery and the pain was less than before surgery. At six weeks I am very happy with my recovery and very glad I had Dr. Jimenez as my surgeon.
Lori in Austin – Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I'm adding to a previous post - I have been on a 2 week walking tour of the archaeological sites of Israel. Part of the recovery process is learning to trust your prosthesis - mine worked as well as my real hip - in fact, after walking 14K plus steps some days and the equivalent of 20+ flights of stairs, I was amazed at how beautifully my new hip worked - never a twinge of pain or even a hint of less than perfect performance.
Salado TX – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I love Dr. Jimenez!. He did such a great job in taking care of me. I saw 2 other doctors before I decided on Dr. Jimenez. He and his nurse Rachel are the best!! He is a skilled surgeon and has a great bedside manner. I cant say more to recommend him. He's the best!!i had a hip replacement and I'm walking like nobodys business!!
Shelly Davis in Oklahoma City, OK – Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
I recently had my hip replaced by Dr Jimenez and I could not be happier with my surgery and recovery. I had my other hip replaced several years ago by another prominent Austin orthopedic surgeon and there is no comparison between the two. With Dr Jimenez, every aspect of the surgery and recovery went much smoother. It has been about 6 weeks since my surgery and where I am now in my recovery took 6 months with previous surgery. I would give 10 stars if possible
keith in San Marcos, TX – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?
Dr. Chris Jiminez {Austin Sports Medicine} is the BEST doctor I have ever had {I'm 74 years old} the pleasure of being a patient !!! Dr. Jiminez is the kind of doctor I have only dreamed of meeting but, after 74 years, I started to realize this type of Dr. no longer exists. I then realized i was wrong when someone recommended that I see Dr. Jiminez. I suffered an extremely painful knee and went from doctor to doctor for over 2 years with no relief what-so-ever. In one single visit, Dr. Jim
Terry Fritz in Georgetown Sun City, TX – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Jimenez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jimenez?

I am a well-trained and highly skilled Orthopaedic surgeon with an emphasis in hip and knee joint preservation and reconstruction which enables me...Read more

Christopher L. Jimenez, MD, a native Texan from San Antonio, is an Austin orthopedic surgeon, specializing in surgery of the pelvis, hip and knee. ...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
Less...

Dr. Edward McPherson Hip & Knee Reconstruction
University of Utah, Orthopedic Surgery Residency
University Of Texas-San Antonio Health Science Center
University of Texas (San Antonio)
Dr. Matta Hip & Pelvis Fellowship