Dr. Christopher Hulen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Christopher Hulen, MD
Dr. Christopher Hulen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rochester Hills, MI. He has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Hulen is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus and Beaumont Hospital - Troy Campus.

Dr. Hulen's Experience

See how Dr. Hulen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hulen

Dr. Hulen accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Hulen is not currently accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hulen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hulen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hulen to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Hulen's Performance
    Utica, MI |
    This Dr saved my life. I told him not to sugar coat anything he gave me the truth and he rushed me to emergency surgery. He did the surgery as if he would want it done to himself.
    in Macomb, Michigan |
    Dr Hulen did spine surgery on June 17, 2016. I walk with a cane because of unsteady gait. I also get sharp shooting pain in the rectum and in the vaginal area. As far as I am concerned I am now crippled and can no longer do the things a normal person can do. My left leg is very weak and causes me problems when walking. Also, I can't bend over to put on my socks or shoes or tie them.
    in Troy, MI |
    Ever since my husbands surgery in 2014 for a three vertebrae spinal fusion he has had absolutely no back pain for the first time in his life in over over 50 years. He is able to lift, bend, twist, carry heavy loads without any pain whatsoever. Thank You Dr Hulen, you have given my husband a new life. Make no mistake this Dr is the BEST.
    Rochester Hills, MI |
    It's been 2 years since Dr. Hulen did my spine surgery and everyday I wake up wanting to thank him. The awful pain I was in prior to the surgery was gone the very next day. Everything was explained to me in detail and he made sure all my questions were answered. I had a vacation scheduled 2 weeks after my surgery and he told not to cancel it, he was confident my recovery would have a positive outcome and it did.
    in North Branch MI |
    Horrible experience. Once he does your surgery you can never get a follow up call back .We have been trying to reach them for days.
    in Michigan |
    Hi I'm Kim! dr,Helen performed spinal surgery on my at Beaumont of troy July 19,2016. My experience was fantastic,,,his concern for others 5stars hiscomunication skills 5stars,, his performance in surgery 5stars,,it's been 6 weeks since my surgery I have less pain already and improved circulation and my incision is Great! Thank you
    in Troy, MI |
    I've waited a year since Dr. Hulen performed a cervical fusion procedure on my C5/C6 to post comments. My initial thoughts on Dr. Hulen still hold true: the guy is fantastic. Leading up to the surgery, Dr. Hulen showed great patience with both my wife and me. Dr. Hulen thoroughly explained my options - pros/cons. Dr. Hulen was especially respectful of my wife (a physical therapist), who had many questions regarding the procedure. I am now back into marathon training - you rock Chris!
    in Macomb, MI |
    Dr. Hulen took his time explaining what the problems were with my lumbar spine, and he explained in great detail what he would do to fix it. We had seen another surgeon first and that other surgeon did not want to take the time to talk to us - just handed us a bunch of pamphlets. I still have residual pain from the operation (3 months after surgery) but the pain that I had experienced before the surgery is gone.
    West Bloomfield, MI |
    Went to Dr. Hulen as a second opinion after visiting an orthopedic surgeon at the Hospital for Special Sugery in New York City. While Dr. Hulen agreed that I needed a lumbar revision surgery following my last spinal fusion in 2011 his review of my CT and new MRI suggested a different approach to the surgery. He spent more time with me than I could have ever imagined. Answered ALL my questions. As a baby boomer crazy gym rat he related to my desire to remain active. Surgery scheduled!
    Dr Hulen, gave me my life back. I can never repay him for this.
    Have you seen Dr. Christopher Hulen, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hulen?

Dr. Hulen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Hulen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hulen's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Foot Fracture
    • Gout
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Thoracic Spine Fracture
    • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Hulen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hulen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neuroplasty