Dr. Christopher J. Huerter, MD

Dr. Christopher J. Huerter, MD

Dermatology | Male | 59 years old

24 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Health care is changing, and CHI Health promises to change it for the better. In fact, we started embracing new ways to keep you well more than 10 years ago. It's called value-based care, built on the belief that prescribing a healthier lifestyle is better than prescribing a lot of pills. That's why we're building a network where doctors, clinics and hospitals work closely to organize your care for the best possible outcome. We're doing what's right for our patients, to mend what's broken and restore your faith in health care.Read more

Dr. Huerter's Experience

See how Dr. Huerter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Huerter

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Huerter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Huerter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Huerter to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Huerter's Performance
    GOOD
in Omaha, NE |
I have quite a rough two years, seen many doctors, been to Urgent Care and ER's. I was feeling discouraged and when I first saw Dr. Huerter, he reassured me that we would get to the bottom of this. He even gave me a particular phone # to call as my condition did require immediate attention. After a few months of trying this and that, he put me on a med that is meant to solve this. So far so good. He's a really good doctor.
Omaha, NE |
he was efficient, kind, and reassuring. He answered my questions and did not perform unnecessary procedures which was wonderful. He is conscientious of how much drugs cost which is refreshing and is up to date on innovative treatments while realizing their cost. He uses the old tried and true drugs which are infinitely cheaper when possible and ramps it up as needed.
Omaha, NE |
Dr Heurter seems more concerned with his new medical gadgets. He spent less than 5 min was unwilling to try anything new, when obviously his treatment was not helping. At 1 visit he yelled at me in front of some woman he did not even get my consent to be there . He is rude, disrespectful...a poor dr.
Would not recommend this doctor at all. I waited for 35 minutes for him to come in, have him glance at me and prescribe me some meds (which would send me to the hospital, but he didn't look at my history) and then tell me to do something that I've already tried and that is very painful. Wouldn't listen to me when he would allow me to get a word in. Spent a total of three an a half minutes with me before leaving. I wish I could get a refund for this.
Kansas City |
I have seen several different dematologists in three major cities, and Dr. Huerter is by far the best! I highly recommended him. It's hard to find a good caring dermatologist that is interested in solving your problem...not just focusing on cosmetic issues.
in Omaha NE |
He walked into the room and had his mind made up as to what was wrong with me before he took a history. He didn't ask about my history but prescribed meds. The script wasn't called in that day then it was called in incorrectly. Appt was Wed and it's now Friday with and still waiting on the script.
in Omaha, NE |
I would not recommend dr huerter to a dead fish, he was horrible. Don't be fooled by his video with false statements. He was very insensitive and only gave me at best 5 mins of his time.
Omaha, NE |
I have a history of skin cancer (basal cell only so far!) and I like Dr. Huerter to check suspicious lesions sooner than later. He is always supportive of the proactive approach and is aggressive with biopsies if called for and reassuring when not.
in Omaha, NE |
I have scleraderma which is an illness few doctors understand and treat properly. Dr huerter has been my go-to for many of my health needs as my disease has progressed. He is willing to try innovative remedies, he is very caring, and he always has a positive attitude - critical in keeping my spirits up as I deal with a chronic illness.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher J. Huerter, MD?
Are you Dr. Huerter?

Compare Dr. Huerter

Dr. Huerter's Care Philosophy

Dr. Huerter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Nebraska not available

• Best Doctors in America, 2010-2011

Dr. Huerter has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

Why It Matters: Dr. Huerter's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Completed in 1985

Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Completed in 1988

Dr. Huerter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Huerter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology