Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD

UrologyMaleAge 58

Urology

Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD is a urology specialist in Salida, CO and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Harrigan has extensive experience in Urinary Calculi & Removal. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 1994. He is affiliated with medical facilities Penrose Hospital and Heart Of The Rockies Regional Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD

Salida Dermatology

248 E 1st St Salida, CO 81201

(719) 275-2000

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction
healthgrades-rx

Save money with free prescription discounts

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Frequently Treated by Dr. Harrigan

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Harrigan treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Harrigan treats other conditions, please contact the office at (719) 275-2000.

Urinary Calculi & Removal

Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.Compare with other Urinary Calculi & Removal specialists.

Dr. Harrigan is experienced in the area of Urinary Calculi & Removal. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Very High

Check Dr. Harrigan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Harrigan's conditions and procedures:

• Overactive Bladder
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Chronic Prostatitis
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Hypogonadism
  • Hypospadias
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Genitourinary Cancer
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Varicose Veins Genital
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Penile Implants
  • Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)

Search for your insurance carrier and choose your plan type

Dr. Harrigan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Harrigan

4.1

My husband has been going here for about 2 1/2 months after having to have a super pubic catheter done in the ER , due to prostate blockage. Since then it has been impossible to get through to the office leave messages they don't return calls, the receptionist informed him he shouldn't be getting any kind of shots in the office yet that's the " therapy" the Dr. said would be the best for his cancer at this stage . She was going to talk to nurse & have her call us back, no call again very disorganized, run office system I've ever seen . You call and all the machine says is leave a message, not it's a Dr office what their hrs are they're out to lunch nothing. NOT impressed! If you can't depend on the staff to get messages chances are the Dr isn't getting them so there's a problem especially if you feel you should be seen right away due to infection or complications!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Dec 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
I was diagnosed recently with an life altering condition. Dr. Harrigan and his staff were very professional and compassionate. I appreciated how well procedures and options were presentenced. Since my diagnoses my follow-up care has also exceeded my expatiations. I highly recommend Dr. Harrigan and his staff.
Tom – Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
Dr. Harrigan is an amazing physician! He worked with my schedule, got me in in a great timeframe and performed my surgery with care and excellence. His post op instructions were very helpful and minimized my discomfort. His prescription for my meds was spot on and they worked great for me. He was available to answer questions after my operation and was very attentive to me. I drove almost an hour to visit his practice and it was well worth it! I would highly recommend Dr. Harrigan for any Urilogical needs, he is the best around!
Malachi – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Harrigan for many years and have found that under any circumstance Dr Harrigan will completely explain the situation in terms that you can understand and if you still have questions he will answer anything you ask.
Roger – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
I recently had a vasectomy performed by Dr. Harrigan. He has a very calming demeanor which was greatly appreciated. He answered every question I had at my consultation in a very easy way to understand. During the procedure he warned me when I would feel pain. The procedure took about 30 mins and we just chatted the whole time like we were at a coffee shop thats how relaxed he made me feel. Couldn't recommend him enough to anyone looking to get a vasectomy! Front desk people are very friendly
David in Colorado Springs, CO – Oct 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
I received my vasectomy from Dr. Harrigan on Thursday, July 13th., & I honestly have to say it was COMPLETLEY free of any discomfort! Leading up to the procedure I was letting my friend's stories of past vasectomy experiences get to me. Happily I can say that Dr. Harrigan is a true professional & master of his craft...I HIGHLY recommend him for this procedure!
Keith in Colorado Springs, CO – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
saw Dr. Harrigan yesterday with issues with blood in my urine from er visit. His staff was very nice and informative. He got me scheduled for surgery next Friday. Faster then any other doctor in the area
levon in canon city, CO – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
I am very thankful that I was referred to Dr. Harrigan early on in my diagnosis for prostate cancer. I elected to go with cryosurgery and it was totally successful. I have been cancer free now for 5 years.
Jack S in Cotopaxi, CO – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
Dr. Harrigan immediately went to work on my symptoms that several other doctors didn't want to address. He promptly began treating me and changed my life completely. He listened to me and respected my thoughts, and has been excellent in my ongoing treatment, which has been over 5 years now. Very nice to have a kind doctor that respects the patient.
Shawn F. in Pueblo, CO – Oct 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
Dr. Harrigan has a wonderful staff that was very helpful, friendly , and professional. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with Doctor's offices because of my wife medical condition. Dr. Harrigan and his staff are top notch. I did not wait long for my appointments and Dr. Harrigan was happy to answer all my questions. Thank you so much Hugh
Hugh MacDonald in Colorado Springs, CO – Sep 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
'm extremely pleased with my experience at Dr. Harrigan's office. Due to my insurance (Medicaid) I could not find a doctor in Colorado Springs who accepted medicaid for a vasectomy. When i called Denver University they referred me to Dr. Harrigan's office. Dr. Harrigan's staff was polite. The procedure itself was painless, Dr. Harrigan was professional and talked me through the procedure. I highly recommend him. What i thought would have been a painful procedure, wasnt bad at all.
colorado springs – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?
Had a vasectomy last week. He was friendly and very quick about performing my procedure. I was in and out in less than an hour and it was relatively painless.
anthony in Denver, Co – Jan 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Harrigan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Harrigan?