Dr. Christopher Hamilton, MD

Dr. Christopher Hamilton, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Christopher Hamilton, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

2400 Bahamas Dr Ste 200

Bakersfield, CA 93309

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hamilton

See how frequently Dr. Hamilton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprains and Strains
Limb Pain

Dr. Hamilton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hamilton "At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world."

• Sports Medicine

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University
  • Yale-New Haven Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Hamilton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hamilton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamilton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Hamilton is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Hamilton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamilton to family and friends
Dr. Hamilton's Performance
Bakersfield |
Dr. Hamilton and his staff are the gold standard in patient care before and after surgery. I chose Dr.Hamilton because of the great experience my daughter had when he repaired her torn A.C.L.. To this day 14 years post surgery she still runs marathons and 1/2 marathons and speaks highly of her own care.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Exceptional care from Dr. Hamilton. Top notch in his field, felt confident with his recommendations and had complete confidence in him and his capable staff.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Hamilton has been great. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my daughter's care for her knees. Him and his staff have been amazing during this long 5 year journey of ours.
in Paso Robles, CA |
I recently had a total left shoulder replacement performed by Christopher Hamilton, MD. I was referred to Dr. Hamilton by my Orthopedic Surgeon due to Dr. Hamiltons outstanding surgical, diagnostic skills and reputation. He identified my problem, thoroughly assessed it a prepared me for the procedure and have had prompt post operative care and follow up. Dr. Hamiltons office staff, PA. X-ray department and pre and post operative contact was professional, friendly, courteous and timely.
in Bakersfield, ca. |
Dr. Has now done my rotator cuff. 6 years ago, he did my left knee. He is the only one I trust and his staff. There were 2 filter surgeries I had gotten from scoi. That's how much I trust this institute....
Bakersfield, CA |
Efficient, professional, personable, yet willing and able to explain the complexities of your situation in a way that is easily understood.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hamilton did surgery on my shoulder. I strongly recommend him. He does great work and he always has a friendly attitude. He tracked down my mom as she waited in the waiting room after surgery to give her an update. She also appreciated his friendly and clear explanation and demeanor.
Bakersfield |
Dr. Hamilton is very gracious and attentive. His team is kind and professional. His coordinator is phenomenal. Surgery center is kind and up beat. I forgot I was even there for a surgery.. Healthloop is very prompt at responding and kind. This rating sounds too good to be true, but I was blessed to receive great care during this stressful injury time..
in Tehachapi, CA |
Dr. Hamilton and his team are just amazing and I would recommend them to anyone needing this type of surgery
in Wasco, CA |
Dr Hamilton,is very professional and takes time to explain procedure and what to expect after the procedure, I am feeling better and look forward to getting back to work.will recommend Dr.Hamilton to friends and family.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Hamilton performed a knee replacement for me. The entire process was painless and I was up walking the same day. I was amazed and would highly recommend Dr Hamilton to anyone needing Orthopedic care. Dr. Hamilton and his entire team were awesome!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hamilton performed my rotator cuff repair 5 years ago and my left knee replacement recently. Dr. Hamilton is professional, yet personable. He answered all questions clearly and honestly. His entire team is efficient and professional.
Sacramento, CA |
What a professional - he just reconstructed my ACL and it went so much better than I had anticipated. There isn't any pain and everything is healing nicely and mobility is progressively rebuilding. He did an excellent job and has an impressively long resume of these surgeries under his belt. I couldn't recommend more highly!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Hamilton and his staff have been great through this procedure. I would 100% recommend him to anyone needing his expertise.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Nothing but great words for Dr Hamilton and his staff. I will recommend Him and his staff to everyone I know.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I have already recommended him to a few of my family and friends...
in Tehachapi, CA |
Dr. Hamilton just performed my second TKR. I am two weeks post-op today and everything is going as expected. I am extremely pleased with the results of both operations to date. Dr. Hamilton and his team are very professional and competent. He is very open, answers all of your questions and makes you part of the process. I highly recommend Dr. Hamilton.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr.Hamilton is an excellent doctor. He took the time to talk to me and answer any questions that I had over the course of my treatment. His PA Dr Brennan did an awesome job as well. Both were very professional and caring at the same time. The surgery I had left me with minimal swelling. Checked in every day via email and if I had any questions they got back to me right away. I have already recommended his services to others as well. I would definitely see his office if I need further assistance
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hamilton has been a great orthopedic doctor that has given me the ability to stay active after several injuries.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hamilton and his staff were friendly, professional and very informative. My knee surgery went very well and my meniscus tear is healing as informed it would with minimal scarring. The office allowed me to check in every morning for the 1st couple of weeks and recommended exercises to speed up the healing process and for me to ask questions at any time with same day feedback. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hamilton for any of your surgical needs.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Excellent he has done my other knee and that one is so strong now, I am very satisfied
in Bakersfield |
Really has a great ability to converse with and explain procedures to patients! He just is a friendly nice guy, and that goes a long way when you are trusting someone to operate on you!
in Porterville, CA |
Dr Hamilton explains everything thoroughly. I would highly recommend him to family and friends
Bakersfield, CA |
I was totally satisfied with my experience with Dr Hamilton and office staff.
I was very happy with Dr Hamilton and the entire staff and nurses at SCOI
Bakersfield CA |
Excellent care, well respected surgeon.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Extremely experienced and thorough. Good bedside manner.
in Bakersfield, CA |
My experience with Dr Hamilton has been absolutely perfect. I've had two surgeries with him and they both have been seamless. Very professional and kind.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I have extreme confidence in Dr. Hamilton based on past experience (knee surgery two years ago)....mine, along with friends and family who have been his patients. I do not hesitate to see him or accept his treatment recommendations. He has a terrific bedside manner and unparrelled communication on treatment, procedure and expectations. He is an all around great doctor!! I would recommend him without hesitation.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was very satisfied with the level of service I received from Dr. Hamilton and his staff. Dr. Hamilton was friendly, courteous, and spent time explaining my medical issues and the procedure I received. I would recommend him to others and would go to him in the future.
in Bakersfield, CA |
The staff is very nice and explained everything in detail. Their app for checking in daily was easy to use and kept me and the office in touch with each other post op. They were very concerned with my care and how I was feeling before and after surgery
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very professional. I really like getting the daily emails asking how I am doing and being able to ask and have answered any questions I have.
in Bakersfield, CA |
All went extremely well. Very professional and friendly bedside manner. Facilities are clean and well organized.
Bakersfield, CA |
From 1st office visit to surgery we were very impressed with Dr. Hamilton's bedside manner. His level of expertise is wonderful, and being able to communicate with us throughout has been excellant!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very helpful doctor and his team guides you through the whole experience.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hamilton is awesome. I really like the website for chicking in daily pre and post op????
Cypress, CA |
Easy to talk to and is very knowledgeable.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hamilton and all the staff that I interacted with from the initial appointment to the surgery and until now have been so professional and kind. Dr. Hamilton along with his team made me feel at ease because they were in regular contact with me. It's like they were holding my hand throughout the entire process. Thank you!
Bakersfield, CA |
I was very pleased with the results
in Bakersfield, CA |
The entire process with SCOI and Dr. Hamilton's team has been efficient and yet personal. I could not be more satisfied.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was very happy with the whole procedure from start to finish. I was told that Dr. Hamilton's patients healed faster and had less complications and they were 100% right! I also liked the Healthloop on-line program. It was very easy to use and I felt that the doctor was kept informed of any developments.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Great guy. Very professional and personable.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Hamilton, MD?
Are you Dr. Hamilton?

Visit Dr. Hamilton

Dr. Hamilton accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Hamilton has admitting privileges

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
420 34th St
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Mercy Hospitals
2215 Truxtun Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Hamilton at Southern California Orthopedic Institute

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist