Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Christopher Hajnik, MD
Dr. Christopher Hajnik, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Encinitas, CA. He has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Hajnik is affiliated with Tri - City Medical Center and Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas.

332 Santa Fe Dr Ste 110

Encinitas, CA 92024

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Hajnik

See how frequently Dr. Hajnik performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis
Bone Disorders

Dr. Hajnik's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Notre Dame
  • Insall, Scott Kelly Inst Ortho & Sports Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Notre-Dame
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Hajnik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hajnik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hajnik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hajnik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hajnik to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Hajnik's Performance
in Cardiff by the Sea, CA |
Dr. Hajnik performed surgery on both hips on two separate occasions in the summer of 2017. We discussed alternatives to surgery but given the amount of pain I was in, opted for surgery on my left hip on June 1, 2017. His bedside manner was caring and comforting. After surgery he made sure my leg's length was even with the other leg and asked me numerous times. Right hip surgery a few weeks later went similarly. My recovery was easy and painless. I would trust no one else and recommend highly
in Carlsbad |
A very no nonsense doctor with amazing knowledge and skill in knee replacement. His staff is top notch and the office has easy access.
in San Diego, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Hajnik in a heartbeat. My hip replacement went better than I anticipated. I was able to walk without assistance in a month! Please do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with Dr. Hajnik. My husband sent me to him after his knee replacement. I am so glad he did. I will go back to Dr. Hajnik should I ever need any other surgeries. Thank you Dr. Hajnik. His staff is also very warm, efficient and welcoming. Mrs. R. Sanders
in Oceanside, CA |
I had a full knee replacement performed by Dr Hajnik in April 2017. It has now been six months and couldn't give Chris higher marks. On a 1 to 5 rating I'll give him a 7. I suffered for decades with a knee that dislocated on a regular basis. I would experience awful calve cramps as well. My knee is much stronger than my other knee and have been released to whatever sports or exercises I liked in my past. Racquet sports, hiking, whatever. It's a new lease on life. No calve cramps any longer. AA++
in Carlsbad, CA |
Dr. Hajnik replaced both my knees in 2015 - the right knee in January 2015 and he left knee in March, 2015. I LOVE MY NEW KNEES.. Even after 2 years, I always tell people that the surgery has made such a difference in my life. I know people who have had knee replacements but are not as satisfied as I am. Dr. Hajnik did a wonderful job. His approach to pain control was right on! I had sufficient pain relief so that i could do the exercises I needed to do in order to get the full benefit !
in Carlsbad, CA |
I'm a male 75 years old, on May 16th, 2017 Dr. Chris Hajnik performed knee replacement surgery on my left knee, on August 22nd, 2017 I had last visit with Dr. Chris Hajnik. I walk up and down stairs, go on long walks, etc. etc. and etc. with no pain in left knee. Dr. Chris Hajnik and his staff at Scripps Hospital, Encinitas, CA. are vary Professional, Precise, and very Kind. In other words that's one DAMN good Orthopedic Surgeon!! Thank you Dr. Chris Hajnik and your staff. for D. Bianco
Oceanside, CA |
More pain now than 6 mo ago before total hip. .75 longer leg has totally messed up my back. Traded hip pain for back pain. After lots of pain and money in physical therapy, still way bad. Find another surgeon!
Hudson |
I was thrilled with my hip replacement surgery. Dr. Hajnik made a good decision to do a full hip replacement. I am healing very well. I had an emergency because of a fall and he was prompt, informative, and capable.
San Marcos, CA |
Dr. Hajnik performed a hip replacement in October, 2016. The results are wonderful and I recommend him without hesitation. The surgery went perfectly and the recovery was easier and far less uncomfortable than I feared. Dr. Hajnik always answered my questions in ways that were completely understandable and explained in detail what would be involved in the surgery and recovery. He takes enough time with me so that I never feel rushed or that I am asking too many questions.
Fallbrook, CA |
Fantastic surgeon, have a brand new knee. Knee works greats, fast recovery. I wish I would have done this sooner!!
in Carlsbad, CA |
Provided me and my family with a thoughtful discussion and support all the way through my knee replacement. And - perhaps most important - He did an excellent job with my knee. Life is so much better pain free!
Carlsbad, CA |
I had a full knee replacement on my left knee in 2015 with Dr. Hajnik, and a full knee replacement on my right knee in 2016. I cannot express enough how happy I am with the outcome, and how incredible Dr. Hajnik was throughout the process of both replacements. HIs consultation for the months leading up to the replacement was thorough and professional, and his diagnosis and counsel was incredibly valuable and reassuring. The attention to detail w/prep, surgery, and post surgery was AAA+.
in Oceanside, CA |
Here is what I didn't appreciate about my visit with Dr. Hajnik: 1. Terrible bedside manner ("Don't tell me what hurts just point") 2. Insulted my GP saying snarkily "Then he can be your surgeon" after I expressed a concern my GP shared with me 3. LITERALLY rolled his eyes at me when I told him I had questions 4. Told me "I only have so much time with each patient" 5. Aggressive physical examination It's obvious he appreciates quantity of patients and tests instead of the patients themselves.
in Fallbrook, CA |
Total knee replacement 2015.
in Encinitas, Ca |
Today I waited 50 minutes for an appointment and I found that to be unacceptable so I left. I wish the office would've called me in advance to let me know that he was running behind. This was my second appointment with him. The first time the wait was about 15 minutes, which is fine.
in Encinitas, CA |
He has done i knee replacement that went very well and I am going to have him do the other knee
in Vista, ca |
I'm 72. Dr. Hajnik replaced my hip. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Then went to a nursing care facility for 7 days because I didn't want to put any pressure on my wife. After 2 weeks I got my staples out and was walking with very little assistants (just carried my cane). By the 3rd week I was released from home nursing, OT and PT. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since surgery and I'm walking over a mile a day,adding a little more every day.
in Carlsbad, CA |
Dr. Hajnik replaced my knee. I am a golfer and really wanted someone who was very experienced, sports focused, and could help me get back in the game. I could not have picked a better surgeon! I was playing 18 holes of golf 3 months after surgery. He is very exact and focused on best practices throughout the process. From initial diagnosis to pain management and surgery, you could not get a better surgeon. Operating room nurses all commented to me on his success with patients.Thanks CORE!
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Hajnik, MD?
Are you Dr. Hajnik?