Dr. Christopher English, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Christopher English, MD
My name is Dr. Christopher English. I am an orthopedic surgeon with specialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery. I joined Davis Orthopedics after completing a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship with renowned hand surgeon Dr. Neil Ford Jones. I treat the majority of hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder conditions by non-surgical means such as casts, braces, therapy, or cortisone injection. However, with some conditions, surgery is needed. With specialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery, I have the most up to date training in arthroscopic wrist and elbow surgery, endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, and other minimally invasive and microsurgical techniques. I completed medical school at UCLA and a residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, New York. During this time I was awarded the Health Volunteers Overseas Traveling Fellowship (Peru) by the American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand.

Dr. English's Care Philosophy

My name is Dr. Christopher English. I am an orthopedic surgeon with specialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery. I joined Davis Orthopedics after completing a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship with world renowned hand surgeon Dr. Neil Ford Jones. I treat the majority of hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder conditions by non-surgical means such as casts, braces, therapy, or cortisone injection. However, with some conditions, surgery is needed. With specialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery, I have the most up to date training in arthroscopic wrist and elbow surgery, endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, and other minimally invasive and microsurgical techniques. I completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, New York. During this time I was awarded the Health Volunteers Overseas Traveling Fellowship (Peru) by the American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand.

Dr. English's Experience

See how Dr. English's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. English

Dr. English accepts 34 insurance carriers

Dr. English is now accepting new patients
    Davis Orthopedics and Sports Medicine2132 N 1700 W Ste 230
    Layton, UT 84041
    (801) 773-3900Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. English has admitting privileges.

Dr. English's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. English to family and friends
    Dr. English's Performance
    in Layton, UT |
    I severed the Extensor Pollicis Longus tendon and nerve branch in my right hand/thumb on a Sunday night before Thanksgiving. Dr. English squeezed me in on Monday morning and surgery on Wednesday afternoon. Yes, Wednesdsy afternoon before Thanksgiving, when most doctors would be calling it an early Holliday. He did a fantastic job! My injury was healed and good to go in 10 weeks. He is very kmowledgable and actually listens to his patients. Thanks, Dr. English!
    in Mendon, UT |
    As a medical student, I had many contacts to give reccomendations when I broke both of my arms mountain biking up providence canyon. Nobody came more highly recommended than Dr. English. I have been so grateful for my choice every day since then. Perfect joint alignment and reconstruction of multiple completely shattered bones in both arms. He listened to me and understood that regaining function was most important to me. 6 months later I am back to normal!
    in Hooper, UT |
    I am extremely pleased with the care I received from Dr. English. I developed an infection in my finger that was progressing very fast. Dr. English was at the hospital when he received a picture of my finger from my Dr.. He met me in the emergency room, it was late in the day and he took the time to examine my finger and make the arrangements for me to be admitted to the hospital. He cares, explains and is very professional. I would highly recommend him to all of my family and friend
    in Layton, UT |
    We first became acquainted with Dr. English when he did hip replacement surgery for my mother-in-law. She was 98 years old at the time and he warned us that she was high risk because of her age. The surgery was very successful and she lived two more years before her passing. In the spring of 2016, I fell and broke my patella. Dr. English was the orthopedist on call and my husband and I were grateful that he could do my surgery. His kindness and compassion were evident in both situations.
    in Farmington, UT |
    Dr. English successfully removed a tumor from my index finger. His ever present smile made me feel at ease and his assurance that the surgery would not be tramatic was appreciated. The time he took to explain the procedure, the possible scaring (which there is NONE) and the expected recovery time made me feel confident. The follow up visit to remove the stitches was thorough, the visit with him made me feel he cared. Thank you Dr. English.
    in Bountiful, UT |
    I went to Dr English after another physician botched a hand surgery. Dr. English visited with me while I told him about the past surgery and showed him the X-rays. He was personable, cognizant of our time, well versed in his trade, and easy to understand. He made feel like he would be able to make my hand well again. I put my faith in his hands and was not let down. I am now better than new and I have Dr. English to thank for that.
    in Roy, UT |
    I was recommended to Dr. English while I was waiting a week in a half to see a doctor in Ogden. Dr. English is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I was quickly seen. He answers any questions you have. I broke my wrist and he had to operate on it and put in a plate. He did superior work during the surgery. You can barely see my scare. My scare is small and the surgery was done the first time correctly, unlike others I have meet. Very skilled surgeon who is a kind and thorough doctor.
    in Syracuse, UT |
    Dr English is very thorough in explaining injury, treatment modalities, and what to expect while healing. He did take time to answer any questions, rather than rushing in and out of the exam room. The office staff and scheduling for this clinic is terrible! Office manager conveniently never available. Receptionist Amber exceptionally rude and very unprofessional. Appointment scheduling errors occurred three out of five scheduled appointments. Zero call backs or follow-up. UNACCEPTABLE!!
    in Clinton, UT |
    Dr. English's calm demeanor and professionalism is matched by his surgical expertise. From the day he greeted me in the emergency room through surgery, post surgery and follow-up office visits he has always demonstrated a reserved confidence in his abilities. My surgery on my left knee barely reveals a scar! His surgical work has put me back to normal in record time.
    in Syracuse, UT |
    Dr. English was very professional and courteous. He did surgery on my foot and I had absolutely not pain from the surgery. His staff was also very kind and efficient. I would recommend Dr. English to anyone!
    in Syracuse, Utah |
    I first met Dr. English as he was the on-call orthopedist at Davis Hospital. I had shattered my elbow which resulted in a very complex compound fracture, including the end of the humerus sticking out the back of my elbow. He performed nothing short of art work in rebuilding it. Sadly, through my own carelessness, I rebroke, which required him to perform the surgery again, but in a different manner. I am now fully healed and have materially all range of motion back.
    in Clearfield, Utah |
    Dr. English was very professional in dealing with me. He told what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. He also told me what to expect after surgery. The treatment he gave me was tip of the line.
    in Clearfield, UT |
    I have spent a lot of time in Dr. English's office over the last year. He has always taken great care in my appointments to make sure my questions and concerns have all been addressed. He has been extremely thorough with my leg and always mindful of my needs. I would recommend Dr. English to any of my friends and family. He is a great Doctor!
    Have you seen Dr. Christopher English, MD?
    Are you Dr. English?

Dr. English says...

My name is Dr. Christopher English. I am an orthopedic surgeon with specialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery.  I joined Davis Orthopedics after completing a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship with renowned hand surgeon Dr. Neil Ford Jones.

Dr. English's Care Philosophy

My name is Dr. Christopher English. I am an orthopedic surgeon with specialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery.  I joined Davis Orthopedics after completing a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship with world renowned hand surgeon Dr. Neil Ford Jones.

Dr. English's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Amputated Finger
    • Elbow Fracture
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Femur Fracture
    • Finger Disorders
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Glenoid Labrum Tear
    • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
    • Gout
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hand Ligament Rupture
    • Hand Pain
    • Hip Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Ligament Sprain
    • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
    • Skier's Thumb
    • Tendon Injuries
    • Tendonitis
    • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
    • Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis

University of California-Irvine Medical Center

Completed in 2014

University of California At San Diego

Graduated in 2004

Dr. English does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. English and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery