Dr. Christopher English, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 43

Dr. English
Telehealth services available

201 W Layton Pkwy Ste 400 Layton, UT 84041

Dr. Christopher English, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Layton, UT and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. English has more experience with Hand/Wrist and Elbow than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of California At Los Angeles medical school in 2008. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Davis Hospital and Medical Center and Lakeview Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. English to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. English with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Lakeview Hospital.

Make an appointment at Lakeview Hospital today at (801) 893-0864.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Lakeview Hospital.

Dr. English's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. English

Dr. English?
Was referred to Dr. English from my GHP. One of the Secretaries called to set up the appointment during which time I mentioned all 3 concerns I have on both hands. Her response was, "Well, ugh, I mean, if he has time to address all 3 then I guess he could." I said, "If he doesn't have time to address each issue, I'll go somewhere else." "Well, he probably does." she responds. Umm, no. When I pay a 'Specialist' fee for my visit, I want all issues to be addressed during that visit. I'm not going to come back multiple times to address each issue. And if he doesn't have time to do that, there are plenty of other Doctor's in the valley. Nothing against Dr. English since I never even met him, but when your front office Staff treats potential CUSTOMERS like this, maybe it's time to reevaluate who you have representing your business.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I shattered my elbow and was fortunate to have Dr. English as my surgeon. I'm no spring chicken and was concerned that the severe injury would have negative long-term consequences. Dr. English did a masterful job with the surgery, which required seven screws and two plates to put the elbow back together. One year later, my elbow is fine. The result surprised my physical therapist and nearly everyone else who saw the initial damage. In addition to performing a superb surgery, Dr. English was patient, calm and encouraging throughout my experience with him. I am very grateful and highly recommend him.
Mel Miles – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
Just excellent! I thought I had a torn rotator cuff (very painful, very limited range of motion, and I play guitar semi-professionally, this was bad!), so I came in without an appointment. They took me in with minimal waiting (thanks Dana!) and X-rayed my shoulder (thanks Chaily!). Dr. English came in soon thereafter and said I had ‘pseudo gout’, showed it to me on the X-ray, and prescribed large doses of ibuprofen. I admit I was skeptical, but Dr. English really got it right! Thank you sir! Within hours my pain was nearly gone and my range of motion returned to better than 90%! I played two gigs that night and no one could tell that I had a serious problem earlier that day! Three weeks later, I came back with a full list of questions and Dr. English answered every one of them. You can trust that Dr. English knows what he is doing. And his nursing and front desk staff are great. Thank you to everyone who helped me on my two visits! I am glad that I came to your office! Jay Christensen
May 07, 2019
Excellent!
May 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I appreciate Dr. English. I fell and shattered my wrist and went to theemergency room where I first met Dr. English. He is very knowledgeable and thorough. I am a piano player and was concerned I would be limited or unable to play again. I am pleased to say I CAN! Dr.English is very gentle , kind and likeable. If I need this kind of service again I will certainly go to him.
  • Long wait times
Claudia in Kaysville – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
My name is Ronnie Graf, I have been and will continue to be a patient of Dr. English. I have a severe case of RH in both hands, I have had some surgery last year with excellent results. I also am a Disabled Veteran, and this is the ONLY Dr. that I fully trust and respect. Dr. English will always take the time to explain any procedure and answer any questions that you may have now or in the future. Thanks Doc. You are the best. RON GRAF
Ron Graf in clinton,Utah – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I severed the Extensor Pollicis Longus tendon and nerve branch in my right hand/thumb on a Sunday night before Thanksgiving. Dr. English squeezed me in on Monday morning and surgery on Wednesday afternoon. Yes, Wednesdsy afternoon before Thanksgiving, when most doctors would be calling it an early Holliday. He did a fantastic job! My injury was healed and good to go in 10 weeks. He is very kmowledgable and actually listens to his patients. Thanks, Dr. English!
Liz Carroll in Layton, UT – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
As a medical student, I had many contacts to give reccomendations when I broke both of my arms mountain biking up providence canyon. Nobody came more highly recommended than Dr. English. I have been so grateful for my choice every day since then. Perfect joint alignment and reconstruction of multiple completely shattered bones in both arms. He listened to me and understood that regaining function was most important to me. 6 months later I am back to normal!
Taryn Collins in Mendon, UT – Feb 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I am extremely pleased with the care I received from Dr. English. I developed an infection in my finger that was progressing very fast. Dr. English was at the hospital when he received a picture of my finger from my Dr.. He met me in the emergency room, it was late in the day and he took the time to examine my finger and make the arrangements for me to be admitted to the hospital. He cares, explains and is very professional. I would highly recommend him to all of my family and friend
SFStokes in Hooper, UT – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
We first became acquainted with Dr. English when he did hip replacement surgery for my mother-in-law. She was 98 years old at the time and he warned us that she was high risk because of her age. The surgery was very successful and she lived two more years before her passing. In the spring of 2016, I fell and broke my patella. Dr. English was the orthopedist on call and my husband and I were grateful that he could do my surgery. His kindness and compassion were evident in both situations.
Joan Simpson in Layton, UT – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
Dr. English successfully removed a tumor from my index finger. His ever present smile made me feel at ease and his assurance that the surgery would not be tramatic was appreciated. The time he took to explain the procedure, the possible scaring (which there is NONE) and the expected recovery time made me feel confident. The follow up visit to remove the stitches was thorough, the visit with him made me feel he cared. Thank you Dr. English.
Olivia K. in Farmington, UT – Dec 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I went to Dr English after another physician botched a hand surgery. Dr. English visited with me while I told him about the past surgery and showed him the X-rays. He was personable, cognizant of our time, well versed in his trade, and easy to understand. He made feel like he would be able to make my hand well again. I put my faith in his hands and was not let down. I am now better than new and I have Dr. English to thank for that.
Lana H in Bountiful, UT – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. English while I was waiting a week in a half to see a doctor in Ogden. Dr. English is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I was quickly seen. He answers any questions you have. I broke my wrist and he had to operate on it and put in a plate. He did superior work during the surgery. You can barely see my scare. My scare is small and the surgery was done the first time correctly, unlike others I have meet. Very skilled surgeon who is a kind and thorough doctor.
Monica G. in Roy, UT – Sep 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
Dr English is very thorough in explaining injury, treatment modalities, and what to expect while healing. He did take time to answer any questions, rather than rushing in and out of the exam room. The office staff and scheduling for this clinic is terrible! Office manager conveniently never available. Receptionist Amber exceptionally rude and very unprofessional. Appointment scheduling errors occurred three out of five scheduled appointments. Zero call backs or follow-up. UNACCEPTABLE!!
Lindy in Syracuse, UT – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
Dr. English's calm demeanor and professionalism is matched by his surgical expertise. From the day he greeted me in the emergency room through surgery, post surgery and follow-up office visits he has always demonstrated a reserved confidence in his abilities. My surgery on my left knee barely reveals a scar! His surgical work has put me back to normal in record time.
James Warburton in Clinton, UT – Jun 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
Dr. English was very professional and courteous. He did surgery on my foot and I had absolutely not pain from the surgery. His staff was also very kind and efficient. I would recommend Dr. English to anyone!
Tina Wilkinson in Syracuse, UT – May 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I first met Dr. English as he was the on-call orthopedist at Davis Hospital. I had shattered my elbow which resulted in a very complex compound fracture, including the end of the humerus sticking out the back of my elbow. He performed nothing short of art work in rebuilding it. Sadly, through my own carelessness, I rebroke, which required him to perform the surgery again, but in a different manner. I am now fully healed and have materially all range of motion back.
Scott S in Syracuse, Utah – May 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
Dr. English was very professional in dealing with me. He told what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. He also told me what to expect after surgery. The treatment he gave me was tip of the line.
John in Clearfield, Utah – Apr 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?
I have spent a lot of time in Dr. English's office over the last year. He has always taken great care in my appointments to make sure my questions and concerns have all been addressed. He has been extremely thorough with my leg and always mindful of my needs. I would recommend Dr. English to any of my friends and family. He is a great Doctor!
Tammy M. in Clearfield, UT – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher English, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. English?

My name is Dr. Christopher English. I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialized training upper extremity and hand surgery.   Read more

My name is Dr. Christopher English. I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialized training in hand and upper extremity surgery.  I...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery