Dr. Christopher Edwards, MD

Dr. Christopher Edwards, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Edwards is a board-certified fellowship trained spine surgeon with more than 20 years of experience specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery.

Dr. Christopher Edwards, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Decatur, GA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Edwards is affiliated with Dekalb Medical, Atlanta Medical Center, Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville and Northside Hospital.

Dr. Edwards' Experience

See how Dr. Edwards' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Edwards

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Edwards has admitting privileges.

Dr. Edwards' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Edwards to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Edwards' Performance
    FAIR
Atlanta, GA |
Was surprised to see he was still practicing. He operated on my back years ago and I was left with a high level of pain. He wanted to send me to a pain specialist! Really.... I came to him because of pain. Finally sent me to physical therapy in the boondocks. Apparently didn't want anyone nearby to know what he was doing to his patients. There are many fine doctors. Don't go to him. He should be doing insurance physicals. I feel like I dodged a bullet. I just glad I'm not paralyzed.
Duluth, GA |
After getting an MRI to check the condition of my back after an assault he told me "instead of being concerned about your back you better be thinking about that mass in your stomach; it's from all them fatty foods you have been eating ". He never once told me about the condition of my back and refused to give me paperwork because I was on WORKMANS COMP, totally treated me like my pains were of no importance. The nurses as well as the office staff were phenomenal.
in Blairsville ga |
I want to truly Thank u Dr Edwards for leaving me in severe pain for numerous days! I felt like you were treating me like a drug addict because I have severe allergies to medications! I also feel like when I saw u that u work for workmen's comp. not the patients! Not once did u ask me how I felt! All u did was talk to the workmen's comp rep. I tried numerous times to tell u my MRI was 3 mths old and I was in more pain since it was taken but u just ignored me! I would not recommend you anyone!
in Powder Springs |
Dr Edwards is horrible. I would not waste my time at all. Look elsewhere.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
My husband is a patient of Dr. Edwards - initially, he appeared very caring and thoughtful. However, after my husbands ACDF surgery - an outpatient surgery - he was advised that he would need to stay overnight. The next day, hours passed as we waited for Dr. Edwards to show up. We were later advised that Dr. Edwards never planned to visit my husband and thought he had submitted his discharge papers the day before. He admitted to the nursing staff that he had no idea we were still admitted.
in Smyrna, GA |
I had 2 horrible experiences with other docs who didn't even take an x-ray. I've been in constant pain for 2 years. Saw Dr. Edwards and was immediately shocked at how nice he was. He actually listened to what I had to say. Read my MRI and identified the bulging disc the was pressing on nerves. I am now getting proper care. Wish I had seen him 2 years ago. They were 1 nurse short and still the office staff was very nice and pleasant. I watched them work in someone who had come at the wrong day.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
I saw Him with severe back injury and he sent me for cat scan then I could not get an appointment for 5 days. I tried to have hIm tell me if I was in danger because I had a work trip and was met with rudeness excuses and plain irruption behavior from a medical office.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Edwards did an excellent job on my herniated disc. After 15 years I have never had any issues or additional surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Edwards, MD?
Are you Dr. Edwards?

Compare Dr. Edwards

Dr. Edwards' Care Philosophy

Dr. Edwards' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Edwards has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Edwards' Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Sprain
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Morehouse Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1988

Med Center La New Orleans Tulane
    Tulane University School Of Med

Dr. Edwards does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Edwards and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Hip Replacement Revision
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection