Dr. Christopher Duma, MD

Dr. Christopher Duma, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Brain and Spine Sgns Orange Cty 3900 W Coast Hwy Ste 300 Newport Beach, CA 92663 Get Directions

I have had more than 20 years of neurosurgical experience. I super-specialize in brain tumor surgery, functional neurosurgery, stereotactic neurosurgery, Parkinson's surgery, etc. My philosophy is that if there is a condition that I am not absolutely expert at treating I will most certainly refer my patient to my favorite expert neurosurgeon for that task. This assures my patients complete expertise. I treat every patient as if they were my own family member or myself.

Dr. Christopher Duma, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Duma is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

Dr. Duma's Experience

See how Dr. Duma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Duma

Dr. Duma accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Duma has admitting privileges.

Dr. Duma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duma to family and friends
Dr. Duma's Performance
in Irvine, CA |
The best! My wife had Chairi surgery and Dr. Duma not only conducted a successful surgery but was very thorough and professional in every aspect from start to finish. 5 STAR AND HIGHLY Recommend!
in Huntington Beach, CA |
I'm Martha Baraggiotta a Dr Duma survivor ,from the last Aneurysm i got on November 14th 2014 all the time i have to said in my name and my family name thank you !!Dr Duma to save my life" also to all ICU team for the good care i been received in Hoag Hospital . From the bottom of my heart Thank you Dr Duma ' you are the best!! Martha B
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
I have been seeing Dr. Duma since January 2013, when he did my brain surgery for Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM). He is an excellent surgeon. He is also a pioneer of the Gamma Knife procedure for GBM, which he used on me in October 2014, when my tumor had begun to spread. I credit that procedure and his skill for the quality of life I have today. I go in for follow ups every 3 months but I have been in remission since that time.
Sacramento, CA |
THE best doctor that I've ever own. Very compassionate, intelligent, honest; everything one needs in a doctor.
in Garden Grove, CA |
Dr. Duma saved my life. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer which metastasized to my brain. Dr. Duma performed 5 gamma knife procedures and 3 craniotomies 5 years ago. I'm still here and I thank Dr. Duma for his caring and his skill. I still see him for check ups and he is still as charming as ever. God bless him.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Christopher Duma is a top flight surgeon. He preformed gamma knife surgeries on multiple tumors of the brain for me. This has during February and March of this year. There are no new or active tumurs as of July 2, 2016. Great news thanks to GOD and a great surgeon like Dr. Duma.
in Placentia, CA |
Have had to have 2 Gamma Knifes and Dr Duma performed both. 2 different reasons a brain tumor and a trigeminal neuralgia issue...both are now not an issue for me! Yay!
in Fountain Valley, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Duma for a meningioma. I had an excellent experience both in his office and at the Advanced Technology Pavilion at Hoag, where I received Gamma Knife treatment.
in Irvine, CA |
Doctor Duma is amazing. If your trying to find the right neurologist, he's your guy. He's thorough, knowledgable and has the best bed side manner. He changed my quality of life and I'm no longer in pain 24/7. I'm so grateful.
in Laguna Hills |
Ditto to all the other awesome reviews. Dr Duma is the best Dr I have ever run across. He is compassionate, takes the time to explain everything to you, and genuinely concerned about your best interest. He is a rare find.
in Montebello, CA |
A Truly Gifted Man, Great Professional / Personal Experience. Excellent Staff, Need I Say More?
in Fountain Valley, CA |
I felt he was very knowledgeable and confident about treating my brain tumor. I felt I was in very good hands. The entire staff with which Dr. Duma is affiliated with was equally confident in his skills and professionalism.
in Fountain Valley, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Duma gladly. He was very courteous, answered all my questions and explained all procedures and potential outcomes thoroughly.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Couldn't have been better!!!!!
in Alexandria, VA |
He cares deeply for his patients and their well-being. He saved my life. Five years later he and his staff check on me monthly. Each patient matters. I live in VA now and fly back to CA for check ups thats how much I value his care as my neurosurgeon.
Long Beach, CA |
Extremely positive. Excellent care and follow up.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Duma, MD?
Are you Dr. Duma?

Compare Dr. Duma

Dr. Duma's Care Philosophy

Dr. Duma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Duma has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Duma's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Completed in 1991

Colgate University

Graduated in 1981

• French

Dr. Duma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation