Dr. Christopher DiBlasio, MD

Urology | Male

Dr. Christopher DiBlasio, MD
Dr. Christopher DiBlasio, M.D. is board-certified in urology/urologic surgery located in Huntington, New York. Born and raised in Long Island, New York, Dr. DiBlasio strives to provide compassionate and contemporary urologic care to the New York and tri-state area. He specializes in minimally-invasive, laparoscopic and robotic surgery, prostate laser surgery, and prostate and kidney cryoablation. Further, he has extensive experience in female prolapse and incontinence repair, stone surgery, urologic cancer treatment, cosmetics and reconstruction, trauma, pediatric urology, and transplantation. In 2012, he was appointed the Chief of Urology at Huntington Hospital of the Northwell health system (formerly North Shore-LIJ). He resigned this position in January 2017, assuming the role of Associated Medical Director of the Mount Sinai Doctors of Long Island consortium of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

Dr. DiBlasio's Care Philosophy

With a wide breadth of expertise in the medical and surgical treatment of urologic conditions, Dr. DiBlasio's practice embodies treatment of men and women, ranging in age from pediatrics to geriatrics. His goal is to provide comprehensive, contemporary and compassionate urologic care in the setting of a friendly and professional environment. As part of an integrated health care group, his team is able to provide in-depth testing and diagnostic and curative treatments in the office setting. He and his office staff aim to provide the best service possible to make your patient experience as comfortable as possible. Dr. Chris provides a broad range of surgical proficiencies ranging from open surgical techniques to minimally-invasive endoscopy, laparoscopic surgery, and robotic-assisted surgery for benign and cancerous urological conditions.

Dr. DiBlasio's Experience

See how Dr. DiBlasio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. DiBlasio

Dr. DiBlasio accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. DiBlasio is now accepting new patients
Department of Urology775 Park Ave Ste 380
Huntington, NY 11743
Saturday
(631) 659-4200Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. DiBlasio has admitting privileges.

Dr. DiBlasio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DiBlasio to family and friends
Dr. DiBlasio's Performance
Huntington Station, NY |
Truly dedicated friendly and courteous medical professionals. Very respectful.
in Baldwin, NY |
One of the most down to earth people in the medical field I have ever known, very warm and knowledgeable.
Huntington, NY |
Old school common sense meets modern medicine. Takes the time necessary to prove he's working in your best interest. Highly professional yet affable, logical and respectful.
Commack, NY |
Dr DiBlasio is an exceptional physician. He takes the time to listen to my concerns and has helped me through my problems dealing with prostate cancer. Everyone is friendly and professional.....I always fell confident that whatever problem I have will be addressed
in Kings Park, NY |
Excellent and knowledgeable and has explained technical procedures and questions that I ask. I Have had 2-significant surgeries to correct different problems.
in northport, ny |
Chris DiBlasio is an extremely knowledgeable professional with extensive experience as a practicing urologist. He is very active in his field, maintaining current knowledge of cutting edge studies and techniques, as well as participation in studies and procedures. Chris takes time to explain tests, results and next steps in clear, understandable terms and guides the decision-making process and choices appropriate to your needs. Terrific guy, great doctor!
Commack, ny |
I found Dr. DiBlasio to be very attentive to my concerns and condition. He was very knowledgeable of my condition and what I was experiencing. He instilled complete confidence when I scheduled my surgery. He scheduled two post-op visits with me. My surgery was successful; I have no residual complaints, and I have been able to resume my active lifestyle without any discomfort. My only regret was not scheduling an appointment with him and undergoing the surgery sooner.
in melville ny |
just what a doctor should be. great staff competent,smart and pleasant. explained everything to me which took away any anxiety in recovery.
in Huntington NY |
Dr. Chris is very understanding, and caring. He is a doctor that will talk to you so as to make you knowledgeable of your problem and any procedures required. You will feel reassured to be in his care.
in Bellmore, NY |
Dr DiBlasio is a well-educated caring professional. He is easy to talk to and takes the time to explain your medical situation. I highly recommend him to any and all who have a urological issue.
in Hicksville, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. DiBlasio to anyone who needed a urologist. He's very professional and addresses all your questions and concerns.
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Christopher DiBlasio is an outstanding physician and brilliant surgeon. He is caring, compassionate and personable and immediately puts one at ease. Dr. DiBlasio's office staff and nurses are equally professional and caring.
Huntington Station, NY |
Dr. DiBlasio is wonderful doctor... far exceeding just the scope of his speciality and giving his patients a true sense of caring about them. I have been going to him for several years and am thankful for his expertise and that of all of his staff.
in Huntington Station, NY |
I met Dr. Chris about 4 years ago. The experience was nothing less than terrific! Felt very comfortable. Dr. Chris is very caring and professional! Made an insurance change in 2016, not by choice, and Dr. Chris was not on the plan. Saw a local urologist for 2016. Could not shine Dr. Chris's shoes! I had my first return appointment with Dr. Chris 4/27. What a great greeting and a through exam. Had to wait a little bit. Received an apology letter today for the delay. WOW! Love this Doctor!
in Huntington, NY |
I am more grateful to Dr. Chris DiBlasio than a review can do justice to. No stone left unturned, in diagnosis and treatment. Chris's confidence, having performed my procedure more than 700 times, was inspiring and comforting. His description of my coming recovery put my mind at ease, as he perfectly explained the body's timetable, what to expect and when. Post op was, surprisingly, and remarkably, pain free. The Best.
Huntington, NY |
Very personable, professional, knowledgeable. Very clean office and a terrific staff. A++++++++++++++++
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. DiBlasio gave me my life back and I am forever grateful to him! After going to numerous doctors and specialists for a complicated case for the last two years with no relief in sight I found Dr. DiBlasio. He took the time to listen to me and was able to find the cause of my medical issues that have since been corrected. I highly recommend my family and friends to this excellent doctor!
in Huntington Station, NY |
Dr DiBlasio and his team (administrative and medical) were friendly and knowledgeable. As a newcomer to Long Island, I felt welcomed by their sincerity and warmth.
Coram, NY |
Really listens, very caring and comforting. Thank God for Doctors like him. Want to recommend him
New York, NY |
Absolutely the best. He relates with his patients, explains in detail and puts you at ease.
in Melville ny |
Warm and caring. Aware of your condition and prepared to discuss. It's been a long time since I felt so comfortable with a doctor.
Wish my other doctors were 1/2 as good as he is!,
in Northport, NY |
Dr. Di Blasio is very caring and very knowledgeable. He put me at ease and explained everything. Dr. Di Blasio has wonderful bedside manner.
in Babylon Village, NY 11702 |
Very personable, professional Doctor who takes time to explain the issues I am dealing with in a calm and instructive way.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Di Blasio is a caring, knowledgeable doctor with a great sense of humor.
in Greenlawn, NY |
Great Doctor, good patient rapport. Staff gentle and kind
in Northport, NY |
Dr. DiBlasio is both extremely competent and caring in his approach to his patients.
in Huntington Station, NY |
In spite of my condition, malignant tumor in my bladder, I felt comfortable with Dr. DiBlasio.
Commack, NY |
I had an emergency and asked if the doctor could please handle and resolve my emergency since I had been a patient of his Father's for many years. Dr Chris DiBlasio took me in and had the nurses waiting for me when I arrived so I could be treated immediately His demeanor was extremely comforting and gave me the utmost confidence in his professional abilities. He resolved my emergency in a matter of minutes and without any issues! I highly recommend Dr Chris DiBlasio without any reservation.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Di Blasio is truly an outstanding doctor. He is very kind, professional, informative, puts one at ease and makes you feel you are getting the best care possible. Also his physician assistant, nurse, insurance coordinator and everyone on his staff that I have ever met is extremely helpful & competent.
Huntington, NY |
Dr. DiBlasio is a very caring and extremely knowledgeable physician. He takes the time to explain this situation and has a wonderful bedside manner. The best!!!
in Huntington, NY |
Outstanding Urologist with exceptional office staff! I needed a urologist due to a benign condition that required surgery due to his acceptance of my insurance plan, his hospital affiliation and, probably most important, the stellar reviews I found online. Even though my condition was minor I was afforded an expedited first appointment and was treated like a long time patient. Dr. DiBlasio and staff handled all arrangement very professionally and the surgery was successful. I highly recommend.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Diblasio is an excellent Urologist. I am a new patient of his and I could not have made a better choice. He is brilliant, friendly, thorough, and caring. I am currenly awaiting minimally invasive prostate surgery and my confidence level in Dr. Diblasio's ability is 15 on a 1 to 10 scale. I have absolutely no apprehension whatsoever as I await this procedure.
in Cold Spring Harbor, NY |
Very good listener and explains things well. He is extremely caring and came in to the hospital late at night to perform a procedure on me so I wouldn't have to wait to get relief from a kidney stone. Extremely personable which has a calming affect. Highly recommended.
in Huntington, NY |
He makes room to listening to your concerns and even suggestions you may wish to make. He explains carefully his recommendations, and makes you feel confident with his decisions. He is flexible and puts his options/alternatives across for discussion.
Huntington, NY |
As a prostate cancer patient, I have found Dr. Chris to very professional as well as very understanding of my situation. Unlike other Urologist's that I have seen, I never feel that Dr. Chris rushes the time that he spends with me.
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Christofer DiBlasio is an outstanding physician with a caring and competent clerical/medical staff.
in Northport NY |
It was a very terrible and dangerous procedure that he did not explain properly. He made it sound like it was easy and safe, but it turned out to be a long and poorly process. My husband had to be taken to the emergency room in an ambulance and had to have 4 liters of blood because one of the thing's that he did not do is take him off his blood thinners. which he had to do for other operations. He never came to see him in the hospital except when he went to the emergency room.
in Commack, NY |
Dr. Christopher DiBlasio is not only a knowledgeable and talented physician, he is caring and invested in his patients. He takes the time to get to know his patients and their problems, and he presents all the possible options to them, making sure that they understand these options and the choices they are making for their treatment. He is constantly updating his knowledge so that his patients can benefit from the latest in treatments and technology.
in Northport, NY |
Dr. Chris has a nice personal approach to accompany his medical knowledge and surgical expertise. I have full confidence in his abilities and am grateful for the care I have been given.
in Frisco, CO |
I have been a patient for 5 years and recently moved. I sought Dr. DiBlasio for an opinion after being diagnosed with Cancer. He was candid, truthful and extremely important as I made my decision for treatment
in Huntington Station, NY |
Clear explanation with compassion and kinds. Answers questions completely.
in Huntington, NY |
Highly recommend. Care is excellent by Doctor and entire staff. Overall feeling that Doctor and staff truly interested in patient and n care...makes patient feel "like one of the family."
in Huntington Station, NYHuntington |
I was my go fortune to meet Dr.Diblasio .H is art of medicine is as good as his expertise. He is a brilliant surgeon and I owe my successful surgery and good prognosis all to him. A Grateful Patient Mrs.Gladys Mishkit
in Northport, NY |
My dad was more than just a routine case. By the time Dr. DiBlasio got to him the poor thing has been through a month in the hospital and three months in rehab for non urological reasons, however it was the inability to get off a foley catheter that mad him more miserable than any of that. Dr. Chris had a positive attitude a direct presentation of the options and in the end did the HARP procedure with ideal outcomes. I would say 100% if you need a Urologist go to his practice.
in Huntington, NY |
Great explanation of procedure. Supportive and patient office staff. good communication and issue free execution of procedure. Came highly recommended and I recommend as well.
in CENTER PORT |
Very thorough examination protocol and great advice.
in East Northport, NY |
Dr. DiBlasio is on top of his game. He is precise and thorough . He has my utmost respect.
in Huntington Station, NY |
A great, great doctor. I recommend him to all my friends. He is caring and knowledgeable.
in Kings Park, NY |
Complete confidence his knowledge and communication with me.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher DiBlasio, MD?
Are you Dr. DiBlasio?

Compare Dr. DiBlasio

Dr. DiBlasio says...

Dr. DiBlasio's Care Philosophy

Dr. DiBlasio says...

Dr. DiBlasio specializes in minimally-invasive surgery for men and women. These include endoscopic (scope procedures performed through the urethra), laparoscopic, and robotically-assisted surgical techniques, in addition to traditional incision-based surgeries. Surgical conditions treated range from small office-based cosmetic procedures to major cancer surgery. Additionally, Dr. DiBlasio performs diagnosis and treatment for many medical urologic conditions.

Dr. DiBlasio serves as a physician training center and surgical proctor for (HOLEP) holmium laser based prostate surgery, as well as for prostate and kidney cryoablation (a minimally-invasive approach to kill cancer cells through freezing and heating the cancerous tissue). He has travelled nationally to lecture on these approaches and has trained dozens of surgeons in these techniques throughout the United States.

Dr. DiBlasio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. DiBlasio has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. DiBlasio's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pelvic Organ Prolapse
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Spermatocele
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

Completed in 2003

Fairfield University

Graduated in 1998

Dr. DiBlasio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DiBlasio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Cystourethrogram
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Electronic Shock Wave Lithotripsy
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • Incomplete Circumcision Repair
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostate Surgery
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate)
  • Thoracentesis
  • Ultrasound, Transrectal
  • Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry