Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD

Emergency Medicine ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Diaz

CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic - Douglas

800 E Dawson St Tyler, TX 75701

Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD is an emergency medicine specialist in Tyler, TX and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Medical College Of Ohio in 2003 and specializes in emergency medicine.

At a glance

• Hospital satisfaction . Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital . Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Quiet hospital . Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

Dr. Diaz accepts

Dr. Diaz accepts the following insurance:

Cigna-HealthSpring
Healthcare USA
Healthcare USA HMO
HealthSmart
Private HealthCare Systems
Scott & White Health Plan
Texas True Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Diaz treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Diaz's conditions and procedures:

• Burn Injuries
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Partial Lung Collapse

Dr. Diaz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Diaz

1.0

Dr. Diaz?
Dr. Diaz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD
I came in after experiencing vomiting, with bloody diarrhea, & horrendous stomach pain for about 30 hours. Dr. Diaz chastised me for eating at Taco Bell, only performed a minimal amount of tests, & didn't check the blood tests before sending me home. He didn't even let me stay long enough to finish a bag of IV fluids. He acted like I was faking & would get over it. The next day, a different ER sent me by ambulance to the main hospital. I was admitted with campylobacter colitis & stayed 3 days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?
Took my 10 month old daughter to the ER with what my wife and I believed to be an ear infection. We saw him and I remembered him from 2 years ago but that’s a different story. He checked both ears and said everything was perfect. Well my wife and I decided that in the morning we would take her to a pediatrician and get a second opinion. I’m glad we did because she now has a double ear infection. This doctor is trash and if he walks into your room at the ER please request a different doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?
I went into the ER on Feb 19th 2018 after 5 day of chronic diarrhea. Following 5 minutes of describing my symptoms to the intake nurse, Dr. Diaz walked in to diagnose me as a "perfectly healthy woman" with diarrhea, sight unseen. Dr. Diaz dismissed the chronic nature of my symptoms and was rude and dismissive. After mocking me and telling me to stop "interrupting him", he reluctantly actually "examined me", not including an abdominal exam. I left a few minutes later with no offer for IV fluids.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?
I went in to get a chronic chough with a ton of mucus discharge looked at as well as the possibility that the 9 inch plate in my leg has tried to start coming back out of it. I was in pretty severe pain, and I have to use a service dog to help me with my daily life functions as is. He harassed my dog and was rude with me. I was seen by him for three minutes in a triage room. No exam. Just aditude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?
Took my husband to the ER at trinity Mother Frances on 1-16-17 and he was seen by Dr. Diaz for a shoulder injury. He was in severe pain couldn't even walk he was in such pain, after a 5 hr wait, he didn't even check out his shoulder, never even took a look at it, acted like we were just there for drugs cause my husband wanted something to ease the pain, he never goes to ER for anything, Dr. Diaz kept rolling his eyes and was very rude, wouldn't even order MRI or CT scan!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?
My father visited the emergency room for chest pains and this doctor treated him VERY disrespectfully. I'm appalled that that this man is allowed to have such horrible bedside manner and offer ZERO answers to his patients. Obviously people go to the emergency room, because something isn't right with their body. You CANNOT tell me that having at least four chest pain episodes in one day is normal and should be dismissed with such rudeness. I don't even believe this jerk deserves ONE star!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?
We had to take our daughter to Trinity Mother France's ER after receiving a diagnosis from a direct care doctor. First of all, we waited four hours to be seen. Dr. Diaz began by telling us how stupid the direct care doctor was and how wrong her diagnosis was. Turns out the original diagnosis was spot on. He gave our daughter IV antibiotics for treatment but found out that he gave her the wrong antibiotics after our follow up with the pediatrician. DO NOT let this man treat your child!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Diaz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Diaz?

Emergency Medical Care

• Emergency Medicine

2003
Medical College Of Ohio
2003

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Diaz treats patients.

78% Patient experience rating, 9% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018, 2017)