Dr. Christopher DeWald, MD

Dr. Christopher DeWald, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·
Dr. Christopher DeWald, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Westchester, IL and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Rush Medical College, Rush University, Chicago, Il in 1987 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. DeWald

See how frequently Dr. DeWald performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Scoliosis
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spine Deformities

Dr. DeWald's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. DeWald "We see a lot of teenagers have scoliosis. And I operate on teenagers. And I also brace teenagers to correct the scoliosis. Maybe I'm not as hip as I think I am, but I seem to be able to relate and understand how they feel, and make both the parents and the kids feel comfortable. And it's very important talk to the kids - look at them right in the eye and talk to them - not just talk to the parents. We also see adults - either adults who had a curve in their spine when they were kids or they develop it just from degeneration. We don't always have to operate, in fact, we prefer not to have to. If we find a patient that has a condition that can be treated properly non-operatively, whether that's through physical therapy or medication or just time alone, that's obviously the ideal. We're in this business to take care of patients, not just to be a surgeon."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Rush Medical College, Rush University, Chicago, Il
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • General Surgery University Of Illinois Hospital and Clinics Chicago, Il
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Orthopaedic Surgery University Of Illinois Hospital and Clinics Chicago, Il
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. DeWald has no media or publications listed.

Dr. DeWald does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeWald and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. DeWald's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DeWald to family and friends

Dr. DeWald's Performance

Really nice man and funny. Puts you at ease. Very knowledgeable and experienced. His father did my scoliosis surgery in 1981, excellent doctor, now his son will do some adjustments on me.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I've seen more than a few doctors in my lifetime, Dr. Dewald and his nurse Pat were outstanding. Few doctors in this day and age take the time to really listen and understand their patients issues. This doctor does. He spent quite awhile going over my 25 plus years of issues. Very impressed.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Did great job explanes everything very happy with him
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Dewald and his nurse Patty were great!! They each took their time and explained everything to us. Very informative visit!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr DeWald and his nurse, Pat were the best! At no time did I feel rushed as I explained my issues and asked questions. They were both patient with me and I was Impressed with the amount of time they spent with me, making sure all my concerns were addressed. Dr DeWald spoke to me in layman’s...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0