Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD

Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Garden City, NY. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Demetriou is affiliated with NYU Winthrop Hospital.

Dr. Demetriou's Experience

See how Dr. Demetriou's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Demetriou

Dr. Demetriou accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Demetriou has admitting privileges.

Dr. Demetriou's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Demetriou to family and friends
    Dr. Demetriou's Performance
    Great Doctor! Takes his time to answer all questions. goes above and beyond. VERY smart man. he's wonderful. Ive had a colonoscopy with Dr. Demetriou and he makes the whole process so easy.
    in Mineola, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is the epitome of what a Physician should be, knowledgeable, courteous, with a patient's wellness a priority.
    New York, NY |
    Very impressed by him. Charming and sweet and very thorough with his analysis of my issues. Don't let the boyish look fool you, found him very professional and experienced. He is my new favorite doctor along with my kidney doctor
    in Maspeth |
    I have been very pleased with Dr. Demetriou for several years. He has performed an endoscopy and/or colonoscopy on 3 family members in past year including my colonoscopy this past week. He has a great bedside manner and makes you feel comfortable. He is also very patient with your questions. My family would highly recommend Dr. Demetriou to others.
    in Massapequa, NY |
    Dr Demetriou as well as his office staff are absolutely wonderful. From scheduling to consultation to procedure. Its a well organized process which makes you feel like you are a patient that this doctor and his practice take special care of. I cannot recommend Dr. Demetriou highly enough. He is fantastic! He is also personable and takes the time to explain everything you need to know about your visit, procedure, etc.
    in Glen Oaks, NY |
    One word covers everything about Dr. Demetriou and his office - OUTSTANDING
    in Far Rockaway, NY |
    DR.CHRISS DEMETRIOU VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HELPFUL ! HIS STAFF IS VERY CARING ALSO AND PROFESSIONAL I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DR. DEMETRIUS TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS !!' MY APPOINTMENT WAS MONDAY ON THE 24 OF APRIL NICE STAFF ! I pray that God will continue to bless him and all his staff ! God bless !!!! Tabatha NElson !
    Patchogue, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou and the entire staff were wonderful! Everything went smoothly from the time I scheduled the appointment for the procedure until I walked out the door after it was all done. Everyone was extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend Dr. Demetriou and this office to anyone.
    in Mineola, NY |
    Underwent a colonoscopy today with Dr. Demtriou and staff. The care I recevied before, during and after was outstanding. From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with courtesy and compassion. Every step of the procedure was explained to me, and my high level of anxiety was alleviated immediately. When I go to the office for regular visits, the same level of professionalism is evident every time.
    in Garden City, NY |
    Low key, supportive and knowledgeable, Dr. Demetriou is an excellent GI doctor whom I feel I can count on. He tells you what you have to know, but is not an alarmist, and welcomes questions. His first priority is your well being. He just performed a routine colonoscopy for me (of which I have had many because of family history). The entire experience was handled very professionally and with care and concern for the patient (me!). I am so glad my primary doctor recommended Dr. Demetriou.
    in Rockville Centre, NY |
    D. Demetriou is outstanding. He is kind, caring, professional and makes you feel very comfortable from the first time you meet him. My colonoscopy went exactly as planned. I would not hesitate to recommend this doctor and his practice to anyone. His staff was also above average and made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. You cannot go wrong in choosing this outstanding practice.
    in Freeport, NY |
    Amazing doctor. Immediately felt like he was ready to listen and actually care about what I had to say. He genuinely cares and is ready to help. His staff are just as awesome. Made me as comfortable as possible despite being anxious about a procedure. Took me about 30 seconds of our initial conversation to know that Demetriou was my new gastro.
    in Westbury, NY |
    I highly recommend Dr. Chris Demetriou for excellent professionalism, caring and compassionate medical expertise. I have had the good fortune of being a patient of Dr. Chris for six years and in that time I have always been treated with the utmost respect.
    Fresh Meadows, NY |
    Today I had an appointment with Dr. Chris Demetriou for a colonoscopy. I was taken early and had a very thorough test in a meticulous office. I left the office feeling great and knowing that everything was fine and I was told to return in 3-4 years. I highly recommend my doctor to others so that they can experience his expertise and professionalism.
    Manhasset, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is one of the best doctors I have seen on Long Island. He is professional, takes his time with his patients, explains everything clearly and was very professional. As a patient, I felt like I was in very competent hands. The staff he works with is very professional and caring as well. They office is immaculate and his procedures run like clockwork. Amazing, amazing, amazing...wish I could give 10 stars.
    East Meadow, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is a kind, caring, highly skilled physician. I saw him for chronic GERD and he suggested nutrition counseling and an endoscopy to rule out serious issues. I ended up going to Dr. Demetriou for the endoscopy and first-ever colonoscopy this week. I was very nervous but needn't have been because Dr. Demetriou and his staff are top notch. Anesthesiologist Dr. Kim was especially kind and caring. The office looks like a high end spa which boosts morale during a challenging time. Great.
    in woodbury, ny |
    After going with my wife for her colonoscopy and meeting this doctor, I made an appointment for my colonoscopy and endoscopy. He really cares, he listens, advises and gives expert advise. All doctors should be this good. He is the best and so is his staff, I highly recommend this doctor.
    in Patchogue NY |
    Dr Demetriou is by far the best doctor I have ever visited. His bedside manner is wonderful. I went to his office very nervous about the condition of my stomach. I left reassured that he would do everything in his power to help me be healed of my ailments. He is very thorough and called me several times and left me reassured of his determination to help me recover. He pointed me in the right direction and I am on the road to recovery. I would recommend him to everyone. He is the best!!!
    in Freeport, NY |
    My husband recently passed away from stomach cancer. Dr. Chris made the diagnosis 2 years ago. He broke the news to us in a soft and caring way. He guided us through surgery and chemo. My husband respected him tremendously. After my husband died he called me and spent an hour on the phone with me. The words he spoke were so comforting and allowed my to see life differently, he uplifted me. There is no second option when it comes to selecting a doctor in his field. God Bless you and thank you.
    in Nesconset, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is an intelligent, professional, and caring doctor. He has been my doctor for many years. I no longer live in Nassau county but will always have Dr. Demetriou as my gastroenterologist. He also has a very competent, caring staff which is a reflection of his personality.
    in Freeport |
    Special Person I got a great recommendation from my partner to see Dr. D. I wanted him to see my 16 year old daughter. At first the office told me he only sees 18 and older, but after begging they asked him and he said yes. He made her feel so comfortable and spent time listening to her. He told us a clear plan of what testing needs to get done to better understand her bloating and diarrhea. She ended up having fructose and sorbitol intolerance and after dietary changes she is feeling great
    in Levittown, NY |
    I know DR. CHRIS for over 2 years. I owe him so much, he first convinced me to have a colonoscopy where he found colon cancer. He spoke to me with so much comfort and care when giving my husband and I the news. He personally contacted the radiologist, oncologists and surgeon where I felt all the doctors were working together. He controlled the whole situation for me and i never felt alone. The best doctor I have ever seen. His office also looks like a palace.
    in Hewlett, NY |
    Very professional office. Staff was so nice, so friendly. Dr Demetriou was awesome. Anesthesiologist was fantastic. They give you a detailed procedure report with results. Would recc this practice wholeheartedly.
    in Farmingdale, NY |
    I would recommend Dr. Demetriou because I have been going to him for years and I consider him the best GI doctor I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with! He's thorough, very informative and spends as much time as you need for any explanations and questions you ask. He makes you feel very comfortable and at ease.
    New York, NY |
    I appreciated that Dr. Demetriou took the time to listen to all my concerns and provide feedback.
    in merrick,ny |
    Dr. Demetriou is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and takes time to explain things thoroughly.
    in W. Hempstead, NY |
    Dr Demetriou patiently explains results and answers questions clearly, and in a pleasant manner.
    in Merrick, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is a very special Doctor. He Cares about his patients and goes above and beyond.
    West Hempstead, NY |
    From the consultation I knew this was going to be appositive experience. Dr. Demetriou is thorough, professional, and personable. As soon I arrived for my procedure, the staff was warm and kind. The office looks like an upscale spa. Every detail of my quick stay there was pleasant and enjoyable. Thank you Dr. Demetriou and staff.
    in Floral Park, NY |
    Very caring, professional visit. Office was spotless and friendly.
    in Garden city |
    Best doctor my wife and I have seen-ever.......
    in Westbury, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is a specialist in his field. I have been going to him since 2008. He listens to your concerns to identify the specific issue. I highly recommend as his first concern is always the well being for his patients.
    in New York, NY |
    I went to Dr. Demetriou for my first colonoscopy. He had a great bedside manner and explained everything. As apprehensive as I was, it was as good an experience as it could have been. Would totally recommend him to my family and friends.
    in NY |
    I've been a patient of Dr. Demetriou for over 10 years. A few things to point out: 1. He is thorough with investigating your situation + total health. 2. He is courteous and is LISTENING to you with full attention. 3. He is very well-connected with other top doctors in the area and I trust his referral network. 4. He is very knowledgeable of the most up-to-date research info related to his field. 5. He will create a written plan to resolve the issue you have. 6. His office team is superb!
    New York, NY |
    Dr. Demetriou is an exceptional specialist in his field. On my first visit, he spend time & patience to review issues I have had for many years that were never addressed properly. He laid out a medical plan of action to determine the correct diagnosis as well as the actions to be taken to improve my health as well as my quality of life. I would recommend Dr. Demetriou to all family and friends with confidence.
    in Westbury, ny |
    Dr Demetriou was excellent.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    Dr Chris DEMETRIOU IS A GREAT DOCTOR HE HELP SO MUCH
    in Floral Park, NY |
    I would recommend Dr. Demetriou. He provides excellent care, both in treatment and in bedside manner.
    in Freeport, NY |
    Fabulous Dr., facility and staff. Best experience with a Dr. in years.
    New York, NY |
    Will definitely recommend to family and friends.
    in Garden City Park, NY |
    I had a great experience with Dr. Demetrius, very kind considerate and professional. I definitely would recommend him.to family and friends.
    Have you seen Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD?
    Are you Dr. Demetriou?

Dr. Demetriou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Demetriou has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Demetriou's Board Certifications

• Esophageal Varices
    • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption

State University Of New York At Stony Brook

Graduated in 1999

Winthrop-University Hospital

• Greek

Dr. Demetriou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Demetriou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
    • Liver Disorders
    • Medical Weight Management
    • Nutrition Consulting

• Anoscopy
    • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Gastroenterology Procedures