Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD

Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 43 years old

135 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Demetriou specializes in Gastroenterology and practices in Garden City, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Demetriou? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Demetriou's Experience

See how Dr. Demetriou's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Demetriou

Dr. Demetriou accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Demetriou has admitting privileges.

Dr. Demetriou's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Demetriou to family and friends
Dr. Demetriou's Performance
in Freeport, NY |
Amazing doctor. Immediately felt like he was ready to listen and actually care about what I had to say. He genuinely cares and is ready to help. His staff are just as awesome. Made me as comfortable as possible despite being anxious about a procedure. Took me about 30 seconds of our initial conversation to know that Demetriou was my new gastro.
in Westbury, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Chris Demetriou for excellent professionalism, caring and compassionate medical expertise. I have had the good fortune of being a patient of Dr. Chris for six years and in that time I have always been treated with the utmost respect.
Fresh Meadows, NY |
Today I had an appointment with Dr. Chris Demetriou for a colonoscopy. I was taken early and had a very thorough test in a meticulous office. I left the office feeling great and knowing that everything was fine and I was told to return in 3-4 years. I highly recommend my doctor to others so that they can experience his expertise and professionalism.
Wantagh, NY |
If you have digestive issues he is the one to see. Cant say enough great things about him. He was Caring, He was Patient with me, He Listened, He spoke in a way that I could understand him. After 20 minutes with him I felt I knew him for a long time. Very warm and charming person. I also cant say enough about his office, i thought I was in a Spa--must see to believe
Manhasset, NY |
Dr. Demetriou is one of the best doctors I have seen on Long Island. He is professional, takes his time with his patients, explains everything clearly and was very professional. As a patient, I felt like I was in very competent hands. The staff he works with is very professional and caring as well. They office is immaculate and his procedures run like clockwork. Amazing, amazing, amazing...wish I could give 10 stars.
East Meadow, NY |
Dr. Demetriou is a kind, caring, highly skilled physician. I saw him for chronic GERD and he suggested nutrition counseling and an endoscopy to rule out serious issues. I ended up going to Dr. Demetriou for the endoscopy and first-ever colonoscopy this week. I was very nervous but needn't have been because Dr. Demetriou and his staff are top notch. Anesthesiologist Dr. Kim was especially kind and caring. The office looks like a high end spa which boosts morale during a challenging time. Great.
in woodbury, ny |
After going with my wife for her colonoscopy and meeting this doctor, I made an appointment for my colonoscopy and endoscopy. He really cares, he listens, advises and gives expert advise. All doctors should be this good. He is the best and so is his staff, I highly recommend this doctor.
in Patchogue NY |
Dr Demetriou is by far the best doctor I have ever visited. His bedside manner is wonderful. I went to his office very nervous about the condition of my stomach. I left reassured that he would do everything in his power to help me be healed of my ailments. He is very thorough and called me several times and left me reassured of his determination to help me recover. He pointed me in the right direction and I am on the road to recovery. I would recommend him to everyone. He is the best!!!
in Freeport, NY |
My husband recently passed away from stomach cancer. Dr. Chris made the diagnosis 2 years ago. He broke the news to us in a soft and caring way. He guided us through surgery and chemo. My husband respected him tremendously. After my husband died he called me and spent an hour on the phone with me. The words he spoke were so comforting and allowed my to see life differently, he uplifted me. There is no second option when it comes to selecting a doctor in his field. God Bless you and thank you.
in Nesconset, NY |
Dr. Demetriou is an intelligent, professional, and caring doctor. He has been my doctor for many years. I no longer live in Nassau county but will always have Dr. Demetriou as my gastroenterologist. He also has a very competent, caring staff which is a reflection of his personality.
in Freeport |
Special Person I got a great recommendation from my partner to see Dr. D. I wanted him to see my 16 year old daughter. At first the office told me he only sees 18 and older, but after begging they asked him and he said yes. He made her feel so comfortable and spent time listening to her. He told us a clear plan of what testing needs to get done to better understand her bloating and diarrhea. She ended up having fructose and sorbitol intolerance and after dietary changes she is feeling great
in Levittown, NY |
I know DR. CHRIS for over 2 years. I owe him so much, he first convinced me to have a colonoscopy where he found colon cancer. He spoke to me with so much comfort and care when giving my husband and I the news. He personally contacted the radiologist, oncologists and surgeon where I felt all the doctors were working together. He controlled the whole situation for me and i never felt alone. The best doctor I have ever seen. His office also looks like a palace.
in Hewlett, NY |
Very professional office. Staff was so nice, so friendly. Dr Demetriou was awesome. Anesthesiologist was fantastic. They give you a detailed procedure report with results. Would recc this practice wholeheartedly.
in Farmingdale, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Demetriou because I have been going to him for years and I consider him the best GI doctor I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with! He's thorough, very informative and spends as much time as you need for any explanations and questions you ask. He makes you feel very comfortable and at ease.
New York, NY |
I appreciated that Dr. Demetriou took the time to listen to all my concerns and provide feedback.
in merrick,ny |
Dr. Demetriou is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and takes time to explain things thoroughly.
in W. Hempstead, NY |
Dr Demetriou patiently explains results and answers questions clearly, and in a pleasant manner.
in Merrick, NY |
Dr. Demetriou is a very special Doctor. He Cares about his patients and goes above and beyond.
West Hempstead, NY |
From the consultation I knew this was going to be appositive experience. Dr. Demetriou is thorough, professional, and personable. As soon I arrived for my procedure, the staff was warm and kind. The office looks like an upscale spa. Every detail of my quick stay there was pleasant and enjoyable. Thank you Dr. Demetriou and staff.
in Floral Park, NY |
Very caring, professional visit. Office was spotless and friendly.
in Garden city |
Best doctor my wife and I have seen-ever.......
in Westbury, NY |
Dr. Demetriou is a specialist in his field. I have been going to him since 2008. He listens to your concerns to identify the specific issue. I highly recommend as his first concern is always the well being for his patients.
in New York, NY |
I went to Dr. Demetriou for my first colonoscopy. He had a great bedside manner and explained everything. As apprehensive as I was, it was as good an experience as it could have been. Would totally recommend him to my family and friends.
in NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Demetriou for over 10 years. A few things to point out: 1. He is thorough with investigating your situation + total health. 2. He is courteous and is LISTENING to you with full attention. 3. He is very well-connected with other top doctors in the area and I trust his referral network. 4. He is very knowledgeable of the most up-to-date research info related to his field. 5. He will create a written plan to resolve the issue you have. 6. His office team is superb!
New York, NY |
Dr. Demetriou is an exceptional specialist in his field. On my first visit, he spend time & patience to review issues I have had for many years that were never addressed properly. He laid out a medical plan of action to determine the correct diagnosis as well as the actions to be taken to improve my health as well as my quality of life. I would recommend Dr. Demetriou to all family and friends with confidence.
in Westbury, ny |
Dr Demetriou was excellent.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr Chris DEMETRIOU IS A GREAT DOCTOR HE HELP SO MUCH
in Floral Park, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Demetriou. He provides excellent care, both in treatment and in bedside manner.
in Freeport, NY |
Fabulous Dr., facility and staff. Best experience with a Dr. in years.
New York, NY |
Will definitely recommend to family and friends.
in Garden City Park, NY |
I had a great experience with Dr. Demetrius, very kind considerate and professional. I definitely would recommend him.to family and friends.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Demetriou, MD?
Are you Dr. Demetriou?

Dr. Demetriou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Demetriou has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Demetriou's Board Certifications

• Esophageal Varices
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption

State University Of New York At Stony Brook

Graduated in 1999

Winthrop - University Hospital

• Greek

Dr. Demetriou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Demetriou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
  • Liver Disorders
  • Medical Weight Management
  • Nutrition Consulting

• Anoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures