Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Hollywood, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Memorial Regional Hospital and Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. DeMassi to book an appointment.

Memorial Neuroscience Institute

Dr. DeMassi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. DeMassi

94.20289855072464%

Dr. DeMassi

I am so happy and blessed to have Dr. DeMassi as my surgeon. He helped me of which was a huge threat to living a normal life. The doctors and the technicians discovered a tumor in my brain and that's how I met Dr. DeMassi. Dr. DeMassi performed surgery and he removed my tumor. I just cannot believe how excellent I am feeling and the treatment I received was more than remarkable. He made me feel like we were friends and also treated my husband the same way. He kept an open line of communication before my surgery with my husband and spoke to him afterwards.
Shahar Hussain – Dec 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
Dr. DeMassi is very down-to-earth, and easy to speak with. He's very professional and considering the situation that I was in, he was able to ease my mind by making light of something that could've cause me significant grief. His ability to communicate and empathize puts people at ease. I was in the emergency room when I first met him and not realizing it was because I had a brain tumor. His positivity ensured me that there was going to be a tomorrow. Dr. DeMassi and Yalonda his Nurse Practitioner are an incredible team.
Amanda Lavandera – Dec 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
Dr. DeMassi is an awesome surgeon. He delivers exactly what he said he’s going to do for you. Hands down he himself and the staff are exceptional and professional. I had severe pain on my right arm and I would be in excruciating pain had it not been for him. I can now sleep at night and I’m painless thanks to him. I was so complimentary of my experience that my friends want his number. I highly recommend him.
Velda Tucker – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I am an avid runner and I was experiencing severe low back pain and left leg weakness. I came to see Dr. DeMassi for consult and he answered all my questions. He recommended due to my imaging results that surgery was the best option. I am now after six weeks post surgery and I feel GREAT! I can not wait till I can run again and that is all thanks to Dr. DeMassi.
Joelle Macklin – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I come all the way from South Miami to see Dr. DeMassi and its worth the traffic and the drive. This is my second spinal surgery and I am feeling better in half the recovery time. When I first came in, I was unable to walk without assistance and pain. I am 6 weeks after surgery and no cane and no walker. Staff has been incredibly supportive and helpful especially when my surgery has been rescheduled because of my insurance.
Laura Darrow – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
Last week, I went to my scheduled follow up appointment with Dr DeMassi after my last 2 surgeries, one after the other on consecutive days. He rebuilt my lumbar back!!! While I sat in the exam room, I remembered how I was before I went to see Dr DeMassi. I was literally a bent, slow-moving bundle of pain. I was miserable, couldn’t barely walk without pain. He discussed all the options I had. He listened to me and answered in terms I understood. He took the time to clear any doubts or fears I had. I felt so much better knowing I was in good hands. I never felt rushed like I had with other doctors I visited. Now, 6 months have gone by, … I feel wonderful. The surgeries were a total success!!!?? post surgeries I followed his instructions with physical therapy, wearing a back-brace, and others. I feel blessed since Thanks to Dr DeMassi’s God given gift to heal through surgery, his compassionate care and dedication to his patients, make him a great asset to Memorial Hospital.
Roxana N Sahora – Oct 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
This was a "check up" visit for me. Dr. DeMassi had done surgery on my lower back 3 years ago. It was life changing for me as it went well. This visit was on my request as I had some new issues and he had addressed them in a professional but friendly way (we all know some Dr's have no bedside manner or rush you through your visit). He answered any questions I had and directed me in that direction for better healing with out pushing surgery.
Cory H. – Sep 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
Dr. DeMassi is an excellent surgeon with amazing bedside manners. My experience was very positive and my surgery was a success. If you are looking for a spine surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. DeMassi.
Diana Martinez, MD – Aug 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I had severe pain on my right shoulder and pain radiating from my arm to my fingertips. Dr. DeMassi came very highly recommended and I made an appointment to see him. Due to Covid, I had a virtual visit and Dr. DeMassi mentioned I need surgery asap possible given my symptoms. This was a complex surgery that was performed within 2 weeks given my prior history and the surgery went very well. I am 6 weeks post surgery and I have no pain.
Guy Martin – Aug 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I went to the Emergency Department because my left side was very numb, and the area was tingling. The team completed the MRI and I met Dr. DeMassi in the ED. I was informed I had a spinal cord tumor and brain cyst. Dr. DeMassi calmed my nerves, assuring me of the success rate of this procedure and gave me confidence to move forward with surgery. I am now 6 weeks post-surgery. I am currently doing physical and occupational therapy and I’m feeling much better. Afterwards, I met with my oncologist who mentioned that my tumor was very very big and that Dr. DeMassi did a fantastic job. Dr. DeMassi is very personal & professional. I highly recommend him.
Vontaevia Parker – Aug 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I have been trying to treat my back pain and shooting pain on my left leg. I could not walk at all. I had to use a cane and a back brace. I tried several epidural shots and physical therapy and it did not help my situation. I live in Plantation and a friend of mine referred me to come to Memorial Regional Hospital ED and I was referred to Dr. DeMassi by the ED. A sheer coincidence in speaking to my friend that he also had something similar and his physician was also Dr. DeMassi and Yalonda, his nurse practitioner. After consultation and review of my MRI, we scheduled for surgery immediately since I could not walk. I am now six weeks post-surgery and I feel wonderful. I am 95% better than where I was over a month ago and with physical therapy and I know I will be at 100%. Thank you to Dr. DeMassi, Yalonda and all who assisted while during my stay at Memorial Regional Hospital.
George Springer – Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
He gives you the confidence that you are in good hands and I knew at that moment he was my physician. He gave me good advice to continue with my normal way of life and and I am doing very well. I am able to resume my sporting activities which is swimming, biking and walking with no issues. I will continue recommending Dr. DeMassi to everyone I know. He is AMAZING!!!
Pinchas Dagan – Jul 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I had lower back pain and I started to get numbness in my left foot. Dr. DeMassi is very professional and very accessible. The team is awesome and informative. The process was very smooth from beginning to end. What I liked most about Dr. DeMassi is that he gave me my options and he was very thorough in what would help me the most. He is top-notch!!
Lussette Dantinor – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
The team is excellent, professional and proficient. I felt comfortable in the whole process. I had two severe pain shooting in my right arm and it mobilized me. I wasn't able to move my arm and I was in a lot of pain. Dr. DeMassi fixed that for me and I never felt any better. I never felt any pain after surgery. I am very amazed. He did a perfect job!
William Sage – Jul 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
Dr. DeMassi is very professional and kind. He takes his time to listen to my concerns. He performed carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve release surgery on me and now I feel very good. I can go to sleep now with no pain. I am able to go back to work with no issues thanks to Dr. DeMassi. He did a great job!
Maria Manzini – Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I had a herniated disc with severe back pain and was unable to walk due to the pain on my left side. I met with Dr. DeMassi and he was very compassionate and understanding about the pain I had for so many years. I had surgery and it's about 8 weeks and doing physical therapy now. I am getting better each day, thanks to Dr. DeMassi. He's very professional!
Maria Sanchez – Jun 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
I had radiculopathy and had a foot drop. I was referred to Dr. DeMassi by my PCP to make an appointment with him. I was able to get an appointment immediately. Dr. DeMassi ordered imaging and that's when we discovered the L2 vertebrae had a fracture and a cyst/tumor. He removed the cyst and tumor that was pressing on my spinal cord. Dr. DeMassi has excellent interpersonal skills. He is very clear and showed me the pathology report prior to what he's going to do for surgery. I am 6 weeks post surgery and he showed me how my spine/vertebrae looks now and it's like new. This is just amazing how my spine looks and how I feel.
Teo Cuervo – Jun 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
When I met Dr. DeMassi I knew immediately that he was the right physician who would take care of my back pain and leg numbness. Dr. DeMassi is very nice and he's very confident in what he does. I am 2 weeks post surgery and I walked the same day after surgery and now I walk 2 miles everyday. I feel amazing and I think the world of him. I highly recommend Dr. DeMassi.
Miriam Lazaro – Jun 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
Dr. DeMassi is wonderful and his staff treats you like his family. I had neck pain radiating down to my arm and after he did surgery I felt no pain. I highly recommend Dr. DeMassi.
Aletha Scirrotto – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?
It was an unexpected surgery and Dr. DeMassi did a great job in explaining the procedure and made me feel comfortable during the entire time I was in the hospital. I had a large cervical disc herniation that was causing a lot of pain. I felt incredible after the surgery, and it’s as if the pain was never there.
Gabriel Levy – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher DeMassi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. DeMassi?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. DeMassi's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Arm Surgery
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. DeMassi accepts

Dr. DeMassi accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Canadian Medical Networks
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Cigna POS
Corporate Medical Network (CMN)
Coventry Health Care
Behavioral Health Program
Medicare
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Consumer Health Plan (MCHP)
Memorial Managed Care Plan (MMCP)
Molina Healthcare
Molina
Olympus Managed Health Care
PHCS
Preferred Medical Plan
MMA Medicaid
Prime Health Services
Workers Compensation
Quality Health Management (QHM)
Rockport United Network
Workers Compensation
Tricare
Standard
Healthy Kids
Neighborhood Health Partnership (NHP)
UMR
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS

Chief, Adult Neurosurgery and Medical Director, Spine Center at Memorial Neuroscience Institute

Christopher R. DeMassi, MD, FACS, FAANS is...

• Neurosurgery