Dr. Christopher Chiodo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Christopher Chiodo, MD
Dr. Christopher Chiodo, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Chiodo is affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital and Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital.

Dr. Chiodo's Experience

See how Dr. Chiodo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chiodo

Dr. Chiodo accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Chiodo is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chiodo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chiodo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chiodo to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Chiodo's Performance
in Sharon |
I ruptured my Achilles on the week of Thanksgiving. Even though it was just before the holiday, Dr. Chiodo made time to see me the same day that I called his office. He spent the time with me explaining my options, giving me all the information I needed to decide the course of action that suited me best. I've never felt rushed in his office, and he has offices in multiple locations which is convenient. I am very appreciative of the care Dr. Chiodo provided me. He is a very good man.
Tewksbury, MA |
Dr. Chiodo always keeps you waiting then spends minimal time with you. He breezes in and out very quickly, without answering questions or even examining you(his PA does the hands on work) He is often condescending and rude. After my surgery he never came out to speak to my husband. Dr. Chiodo needs to work on his patient care skills, his enormous ego, and his nonexistent bedside manner.
Boston, MA |
Complete narcissist, and what' scary is that he is training a new generation of doctors
in Boston, MA |
He's a great, talented, surgeon. I had a hole in my talus bone and after meeting with two doctors, one a famous sports surgeon which wouldn't do ithe surgery because he couldn't guarantee success,; the other doctor lacked experience. During a follow up meeting 3 years later I recognized how Dr Chiodo is a really nice person and has a great philosophy about patient treatment. My surgery exceeded my expection. I can exercise some, which wasn't guaranteed and I don't have constant pain. Success!!!
I do not have such positive feedback back about my experience with Dr. Chiodo. I was a patient of his beginning in 2015. For pain in my left second digit toe, proceeding a bunyionectomy. Over the course of 1 year Doctor Chiodo was unable to diagnose a Plantar Plate Tear. This was after 2 MRI's, an xray, cortisone shot and multiple office visits. Sending me a away with " a complicated" foot diagnosis. A second opinion diagnosed my condition using same MRI and we proceeded to surgery.
in Tewksbury, MA |
I had a complete ankle replacement back in August of 2015. After years of suffering with pain and inflamation, I coul not be happier with the results and Dr. Chiodo's 100% dedication to my well being. Dr. Chiodo understood my inital reservations and put me at ease with his professionalism and plan for my complete care (pre and post surgery). I HIGHLY recommned Dr. Chiodo and his practice.
in Chester, NH |
I’ve been a patient of Dr Chiodo for a number of years, I’ve always found him to be straight forward, willing to listen & prepare a course of treatment that doesn’t immediately include surgery. In the end I had no choice but to have major surgery & it was very successful. I appreciated his & his team’s knowledge, professionalism, kindness & empathy. They were very careful on pain reduction, very little wait time at appointments; it’s a very smooth process at each visit. I highly recommend Dr
in Beverly, MA |
The most honest, caring, consistent, curious, best-listening, brilliant doctors i have ever been lucky enough to work with. Avoids surgery if possible and is all about the follow through
in Newton, MA |
Nice guy who genuinely seems to wants the best for his patients. I couldn't give a higher recommendation! His PA Sheri is great too and they seem to have stellar communication.
in Newton, MA |
Dr. Chiodo repaired my ruptured achilles tendon and everything has gone smoothly. He did not pressure me into surgery, but explained his recommendation and even squeezed me into his schedule despite the fact that the hospital was saying that I would have to wait 8 days for the surgery. He listened well and answered all of my questions and provided clear explanations. His staff was also very clear and helpful.
in Somerville, MA |
A savior - he corrected the error of another surgeon who left me crippled and after I had three other specialist refusing to attempt the correction.
Plainville, MA |
I met Dr. Chiodo in 2014. I suffered sepsis and as a result of the meds I was given I lost blood flow to my extremities. I am not sure what the medical term for what I went thru was but basically my feet were self amputating themselves. When I went to see him I was nervous and crying. He had a very frank conversation with me, one that needed to be had and it is because of that conversation I am where I am today. I can not thank him enough for all he has done.
in Grafton MA |
Appt was short & rushed. Took the time to complete new patient history, he did not even review it. I had ankle surgery in 2008, by MD in that same office, who since retired, he did not look at that info either. I have complex medical problems. Anyone with Ehler Danlos should stay away from this MD.
in Stamford, CT |
Dr. Chiodo is a realistic person. When I first met him I felt he was a bit cold, which I was okay with because I wasn't looking for a friend, I was looking for someone to try and fix me. Turns out he is not only a warm and friendly person but an amazing surgeon. He literally gave me my life back. I'm in my twenties and have lived with chronic ankle pain for 15 years. I started with two bad ankles and now I have one good one! We are tentatively planning for surgery for the other ankle shortly.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Chiodo, MD?
Are you Dr. Chiodo?

Compare Dr. Chiodo

Dr. Chiodo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Chiodo has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chiodo's Board Certifications

• Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Harvard Med Sch/New England Deaconess Hospital

Completed in 1999

Union Mem Hospital

Completed in 2000

Dr. Chiodo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chiodo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tenotomy