Dr. Christopher Bartels, MD

Dr. Christopher Bartels, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Christopher Bartels, MD is a general surgery specialist in Irwin, PA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University Of Virginia / Main Campus in 1990 and specializes in general surgery.

8775 Norwin Ave

Irwin, PA 15642

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Bartels

See how frequently Dr. Bartels performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Stomach Diseases
Cancer

Dr. Bartels's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bartels "I believe that a patient is a person with a disease. I feel that a partnership with the patient is important to deliver the highest quality care."

• General Surgery

• Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Canisius College
  • University Of Virginia Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • National Institutes Of Health National Cancer Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bartels has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bartels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bartels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bartels' Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bartels to family and friends

Dr. Bartels' Performance

Had surgery at St. Margaret’s Hospital, complications turned overnight into 8 nights. No explanations of anything. Was told he would “follow me” 3 years post op. Heard he was leaving and called to move appt. up. Told my Nov. appt. okay, he wasn’t leaving until Jan. Two days prior to appt. VM...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I am so sorry you had problems, I left UPMC St. Margaret in Oct 2017. UPMC does not allow us to solicit patients when we leave, therefore no letter. I am now in Greensburg, PA if you want to call or see me.

The worst Dr I have every seen, and I've been to many- went to see him because of a swollen lymph node under my arm that keeps reoccurring. He said that he couldn't help me because it could be from shaving and I needed an HIV test, which was negative of course since I have been married to the same...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option2

I am sorry you had such a disappointing first visit. You can be assured that I am interested in your health and I think we have developed a good professional relationship since then.

I Just had inguinal and femoral hernia surgery by Dr. Bartels. I am so thankful for this God gifted surgeon! I have been complaining of groin and thigh pain for so many years to so many different Doctors and they ignored my complaints. They wanted me to waste my time and money on therapy or...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
He saved my life and will forever be thankful. I admire him and his bedside manners are wonderful. He did emergency surgery on my stomach and was a miracle when I came out of coma. He's the best.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Bartels did my parathyroid surgery. I went into the hospital with stomach pain, chest pain, and bone pain in my feet. Immediately after surgery I felt great! The pain was gone, totally. The surgery was easy. I only took Tylenol for pain because there wasn't much. I just cant believe how bad I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0