Dr. Christopher Baker, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 43

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Christopher Baker, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Baker has extensive experience in Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He graduated from University of Florida in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities Adventhealth Tampa and AdventHealth Wesley Chapel. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Christopher Baker, MD

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

2653 Bruce B Downs Blvd Ste 201 Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Baker with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baker

4.4

I’ve had a pleasant experience under Dr. Baker! Everything has been handled timely and most importantly correctly. Not only was Dr. Baker able to allow room in his schedule for my needs in surgery for bankart repair but he and his assists have followed up with me to assure all requirements and being fulfilled and beyond! Thank you!
Mason Stevens – Oct 07, 2022
Highly qualified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Christopher E. Baker is a highly trained Orthopedic Surgeon specialize in shoulder injury and shoulder reconstruction. In May 2022 I consulted with Dr. Baker for my dislocated shoulder. Prior to my appointment, in my mind I was thinking this would require surgery. With Dr. Baker's conservative approach, after few office visits and Physical Therapy, I'm on my way to full recovery without surgical intervention. I now have the mobility of my should (thanks to you, Dr. Baker) but still careful of my movements. Dr. Baker is not only an expert in his field but also a kind person, very professional, good bedside manner, and he listens to his patient (s). I highly recommend Dr. Baker and you'll be thankful you consulted with him because in my humble opinion, he's the best Orthopedic Surgeon-Shoulder Specialist in the area!! Many thanks Dr. Christopher E. Baker I cannot thank you enough I feel whole again!!!
YolandaC – Sep 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Visit was rushed but the bill didn’t match it
Great staff. Initially I was impressed with the time efficiency of my visit. But, then, I received a bill as if the doctor had spent 45 minutes with me, instead of 5 min. And because I signed a paper confirming he explained some stuff that he didn’t, so that was enough to proof a fake time face to face with the patient. The billing department was rude when called questioning it and nobody cared for this overcharge. For that reason I can’t trust this doctor or this place anymore.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Joanna Suede – May 14, 2022
Just The Right Touch
Doctor Baker and his entire Staff is awesome! I scheduled an appointment early so I could get to work on time. Staff Member greeted me just as scheduled, X-ray’s, the PA spoke with me and Doctor Chris promptly attended to my needs and I was on my way! No one rushed me and took ample and sincere time with me. I left with relief and a plan of action that provided peace and confidence for expediency of healing. Had plenty of time to report to work feeling relieved.
Warren – Mar 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker took a very complicated left shoulder situation that I suffered with for 11 years & worked a miracle. His reconstruction surgery with reverse joint replacement was truly amazing. On average pain was 6-7 level before surgery. 10 weeks after surgery I’m at 0-1 pain level. Range of motion best it’s been since 2009. Overall, the shoulder functionality & significantly reduced pain level since 2008. His approach is excellent. I was well Informed every step of the process. I knew the pros/cons of having surgery. His level of care was outstanding. His staff deserves accolades as well. Excellent. My heartfelt thanks. My life has been given back to me to enjoy my previous sports/hobbies.
Marty Peters – Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
I want to thank Dr. Baker for making my shoulder worse than it was before he performed surgery on me. I want to Thank him for lying to me when he said he was my doctor and would make me better. Finally I want to thank him for not fixing anything, leaving me in pain, and making it possible for the state to denie me help. Kevin Fouraker
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kevin Fouraker – Dec 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
I went to Dr. Baker for a torn rotator cuff. From my initial meeting to surgery to my follow up appointment after my surgery, I couldn't be more satisfied. He explained everything regarding my injury, surgery and answered all my questions. Alleviated all of my worries and made me feel comfortable. All around great doctor. He's a wonderfully skilled surgeon who has a great bedside manner. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of my surgery, he's one of the best doctors I've had in years. I highly recommend him.
Danielle Jackson 7 – Oct 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
One year after knee surgery, I feel worse than when I got there. I should've listened to my wife and seek a second opinion before surgery. Dr Baker is completely uncaring. Does not answer patients questions or concerns, he wants to see you for one minute and just grab that insurance money. Once the deductible was exhausted, I was kicked out of that practice. Guy is everything that is wrong with healthcare in US. One year later, still have knee swelling, can't run. Just an awful experience.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Harry – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker was very informative and professional. His staff was the best group I have ever received treatment from. All of them were kind, considerate, and very knowledgeable. His P.A. Emily, was very prompt in returning calls, as was Ashley Kimmel. In my opinion Ashley, administrative assistant, makes the practice run as efficiently as possible, and should be given a raise in salary!
mark karsen – Sep 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Truly appreciate Dr. Baker's approach to my 2 torn rotator cuffs. Initial recommendation was to us physical therapy to attempt to alleviate the pain I've had for over 10 years. It was amazing that it worked for some time, but I later suffered a muscle tear that forced surgery to occur. Dr. Baker performed a new surgical procedure on the shoulder that had 2 previous surgeries and I surprisingly experienced immediate pain relief from (i.e., instead of feeling worse after surgery, I felt much better!). He is a knowledgeable, well-trained, and patient-friendly surgeon - highly recommend.
D. Pauley – Sep 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
I came in for my both shoulders to be examined. I had a very short wait time to get the X-rays done which was awesome. Then I had orientation done of where and what was going on with my shoulders and a great explanation. It wasn’t long after that Dr Baker came in gave me a shot of cortisone and sent me on my way. I was in and out very quickly. Thank you all for a great experience
Charles Ramey – Aug 31, 2021
Very friendly staff and Dr. Baker was very knowledgeable
Albert Jones – Aug 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Everyone was very profecianal courtios and friendly. Dr Baker is the best. No waiting. In and out feeling better in no time. Thank You
Jaramillo – Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Excellent and professional care. I felt comfortable and l would be safe and taken care of.
Jock Weightman – Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
I saw Emily, who is Dr Baker’s PA. She’s terrific! Very thorough, takes time with you. I felt well cared for and like I matter. I would readily recommend Dr Baker, as well. I’ve seen Dr Baker a couple of times. He’s patient, thorough and really knows his stuff!! I have to say that all the staff is top notch! You won’t regret selecting them for your orthopedic needs.
Toni – Aug 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
I travel from Orlando to Tampa just to see Dr. Baker. A PT recommended him. He explained everything and answered all my questions. The office staff is very friendly.
Jim J – Jul 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Very knowledgeable and professional.
Jul 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
I’ve had YEARS of shoulder problems… it’s nice to have someone figure out exactly what’s wrong and exactly what we’re going to do about it. Dr. Baker takes the time to explain what’s going on and my options. Friendly staff, too. Fabulous experience!
Robin Wysard – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Visit went very well..I was pleased to be able to get in so quickly as I was in very much pain..
Louis anderson – Jun 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
Dr Baker has repaired both my right and left rotator cuffs over the last few years. Both were major tears and they were fixed. I am back to playing softball and both shoulders are doing well. I can throw a softball and swing a bat just fine. I highly recommend Dr Baker if you are having shoulder problems
Tom Levicky – Jan 31, 2021
Tom, thank you for your 5 star review for Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baker?