Dr. Christopher Baker, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Christopher Baker, MD
Dr. Christopher Baker, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Winter Park, FL. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Baker is affiliated with Florida Hospital Waterman and Florida Hospital Orlando.

Dr. Baker's Experience

See how Dr. Baker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Baker is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Baker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baker to family and friends
    3.2
    Dr. Baker's Performance
    in Orlando, FL |
    I think Dr. Baker did a wonderful job on my anterior disk replacement 6 weeks ago. I had 3 replaced due to extreme arm pain from a major nerve being pinched. The incision is in the front of my neck and you can barely see it so I am very happy about that. I no longer have arm pain so I feel the surgery was a success. I only have 2 complaints. I kept asking Dr. Baker and his staff what to expect post-op and I was only given vague answers. His scheduler rarely returns calls. Very aggravating
    in Orlando, FL |
    I wish i could have let the dr know how melissa in front is handling the patients!! I have a valid referral from my insurance,valid insurance, valid id and my dr sent mri over 3x melissa will NOT make appt for me wants me to sit and wait. I have been here 75 minutes still not able to get appt!!!very strange would live to give dr. Baker a try
    in Orlando, FL |
    I have never met a more wishy-washy surgeon. First he tells me that epidural would not help my neck & suggest that he fuse 4 thru 7. The day before surgery he cancels & sends me for epidural. After 3 years later today he tells me it's not that bad. EXCUSE ME & would not recommend surgery without 6 wks of physical therapy. REALLY!
    in Orlando, FL |
    Dr. Baker's bedside manner is terrible and is always in a hurry to get out of the exam/consult room. A big hurry. My microdiskectomy actually made my condition worsen and I didn't feel like this doctor or his staff really cared. I was offered muscle relaxers and told that should be it. No support. Last, I relocated and asked for my surgery notes and was told I'd have to pay for them up front. I would never do the surgery if I knew then what I know now. I will not see this physician again
    in Winter Springs |
    Dr.Baker took the time to explain my diagnosis I had L5s1 herniated disc .He preformed microdistectomy and he did great job.I had great experience
    in Apopka, FL |
    Greedy doctor! Allows the PA to do all the work and he just signs off. At my appointment never saw the doctor.
    in The Villages, Florida |
    My recent surgery with Dr. Baker on 8/24/16 did not go as expected but in fact was more complicated than anticipated. But, Dr. Baker took on the challenge and though I am still in recovery, because of his expertise, I have made continuous progress and expect a return to my active lifestyle soon. His staff and office worked like a "well oiled machine". They were quick, precise and accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Christopher Baker.
    in Sanford, FL |
    I have attempted to schedule follow up care.I have called and left numerous voicemails with his scheduler Susan. Here we are 5/17/2016 and have yet to receive a call back. The person I did receive a call back from stated that she was the office manager and very tersely told me that my primary would need to send in a referral for me to receive follow up care. My Primary Care Physician has sent in 5 referrals no response from Dr. Bakers office. Surgery was 9/2016.
    in Lady Lake, FL |
    He made the process very easy to understand and did a great job even though He found a lot more damage than was expected. He was very thorough with follow ups as well. I have more work to be done on my spine and I wouldn't want anyone else to handle it.
    in Orlando |
    Dr Baker was highly recommend by a surgical nurse that worked with him years ago.He's clearly lost the love of his skill & compassion for the patients.He charmed me,made me feel comfortable trusting my brain in his hands for the procedure,once completed,wanted nothing to do with me for follow up after care.His assistant,Susan Lowe,WORTHLESS,gives you her card,tells you to call her/email her,you get her voicemail,she never returns the call or email.Now I have to find a Dr for after treatment :(
    I would never recommend Dr. Baker to anyone. He was 75 minutes late to perform gamma knife surgery on my wife for her trigeminal nerve pain, and had to rush through prep. For the past 7 weeks she?s having daily, persistent, debilitating headaches, and he and his staff have been nothing but defensive and dismissive. It seems he screwed the halo too tightly, causing muscle and/or nerve damage. If you use him, you had better pray that everything goes perfectly because otherwise you?re on your own.
    Dr. Baker took the time to talk with not just me, but my entire family to explain my diagnosis, the operation and to answer any questions. I wouldn't dream of entrusting my care to anyone else.
    in Orlando, fl |
    Doesn't give his patients the time of day, after surgery, my pain came back full force, I contacted the office several times and never received a call back, had to see another doctor and now require a second surgery.
    in Orlando, FL |
    Great Experience and knowledge of all spinal condtions
    Have you seen Dr. Christopher Baker, MD?
    Are you Dr. Baker?

Dr. Baker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

• NOVA Award for clinical excellence in neurosurgery
      • AANS/CNS Galbraith Award for excellence in cerebrovascular research

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Baker's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Chiari's Deformity
    • Ear Disorders
    • Epilepsy
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Meningiomas
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons

Graduated in 1989

New York & Presbyterian
      New York & Presbyterian

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neurostimulation