Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 46

Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Carrollton, TX and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Harvard Medical School medical school in 2008. He is affiliated with medical facilities Medical City Lewisville and Medical City Plano. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD

OrthoTexas Orthopedics & Sports Medicine

4780 N Josey Ln Carrollton, TX 75010

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Allmon is affiliated with Medical City Lewisville Lewisville, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Allmon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Allmon's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hands

Dr. Allmon treats Osteoarthritis of Hands more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Allmon treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Allmon treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Allmon treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• De Quervain's Release
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Allmon accepts

Dr. Allmon accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Allmon

3.9

Dr. Allmon

Fantastic Doctor!
I LOVED Dr. Allmon and the rest of the office staff! I had a really painful workplace injury and everyone that I went to prior to Dr. A misdiagnosed me. Dr. Allmon was professional, compassionate and direct which I truly appreciated. He did an amazing job fixing the injury and I would highly recommend him.
Raechel Frantom – May 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
He did not explain the surgery in detail and he did not tell me anything about the post-op recovery or side effects. He is in too much of a hurry to leave the room.
Gerald M Gould – Dec 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
TERRIBLE bedside manner. Really condescending and rude. Doesn't listen and doesn't answer questions. Almost like he thinks if you ask any questions about your own health/body that you're somehow challenging him. Really not happy with him. He may be a great surgeon (I wouldn't know), but he's awful on a day to day basis.
Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
I went to see Dr. Allmon for a torn tendon in my finger that resulted in a mallet (baseball) finger. There were no issues with the office staff or x-ray tech, but that is where saying anything good about the practice stops. Dr. Allmon's bedside manner and personality is akin to that of a dead fish; completely lifeless. Even though my visit was during the coronavirus crisis, I would still expect a hand specialist to actually examine my hand. Dr. Allmon came into the exam room, barely gave a greeting of hello, and sat down in a chair on the opposite side of the room. He never examined my hand, and relied exclusively on the x-rays. He told me I needed to keep my finger in a splint for 8 weeks, and with that, left the exam room. A Medical Assistant came in, splinted my finger, and at least she actually touched my hand. I have never been to a doctor, let alone an orthopedic hand specialist, that couldn't be bothered actually doing a hands-on exam. My advice: find another hand specialist.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
JP – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
I have only had positive experiences with Dr. Allmon. He preformed carpal tunnel release surgery on both wrists, and the scars are barely visible. He has been a pleasure to work with over the past few years & his support staff is also wonderful and friendly. Dr. Allmon is courteous, knowledgeable, and caring. He will answer your questions and address concerns without the feeling of being rushed. I highly recommend Dr. Allmon, as well as OrthoTexas.
  • Long wait times
C. McKenzie – Feb 10, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr. Allmon is very professional and talked to us like people and not just another patient Even keeled kind of guy, not a closed stiff shirt type physician. Knowledgeable of course. I had no jitters about having surgery. Type of person you feel comfortable around from the minute you meet him.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
He saw me as a 2nd opinion. He told me I had a TFCC tear in my wrist and gave me an injection, then told me to do therapy. I did and after 2 weeks it wasn't better. My f/up apt he gave me the 2nd injection& put me in a full cast past my elbow for 9 weeks. I requested an arthrogram bc it wasn't better and it showed TFCC tear and a couple of other tears along with my ulna bone pushed forward. I asked him what is next and he said you need surgery, but I don't know if it will help? Then I asked, "What do you mean?" He said "I think you need a 2nd opinion, I was like you mean 3rd opinion." What would that doctor say he said "You need surgery," then why to send me to another Dr. He said "I don't know what else to do for you?" I go to a specialist in hand/wrist surgery. Tells me I need surgery and that I should have never been put in a cast for 9 wks it was too far out from my injury! I was appalled! I waisted time and money on Dr. Allmon
Oct 23, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience with us;...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr. Allmon explained the what was wrong with my hand. He gave treatment options and allowed me to choose the treatment.
Aug 25, 2019
Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Extremely friendly office. Dr Allmon was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. All the staff members we interacted with were also very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this doctor and office.
B Sanders in Lantana, TX – Jun 08, 2019
Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr. Allmon and his entire support staff was great! Everyone was friendly, knowledgeable and made the appointment easy breezy!
May 22, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to share...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
First visit with the new hand specialist at OrthoTexas (other specialist retired) - Dr Allmon was courteous & took his time explaining everything. He and his staff are fantastic! I’ve been going to OrthoTexas for years & they are always courteous & friendly. Highly recommend!
May 21, 2019
We so appreciate you sharing your 5 star...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr. Allmon was very patient with our young daughter. We went in thinking she had a jammed finger and it ended up being fractured. He took his time and explained the x-rays to both of us. His staff was also exceptional from the check-in/check-out, medical assistant and even his casting tech. Everyone was pleasant to work with.
Apr 08, 2019
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
I appreciated Dr Allmon a great deal. He did not rush me and took time to listen to all my questions. His answers were easy to understand. He described the type of surgery he was going to perform on me and was able to schedule my surgery on the same day I came to see him. I was referred to a hand surgeon after my initial ER visit 5 days prior. His staff are very supportive too. I highly recommend his services.
Flower Mound, TX – Feb 28, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
I was referred by another hand doctor who was not able to assess and treat my broken finger. Dr. Allmon assessed and ultimately resolved my severely broken bone over many weeks of treatment and without surgery. My finger is still healing, but is vastly improved following Dr. Allmon's recommendations.
Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
He was arrogant and condescending. Discounted everything my regular orthopedist said, never looked me in the face or asked where it hurt or examined my injury.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Garland , TX – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr Allmon is a great doctor. He took some getting used to but I can say he really cares about his patients and their health and he takes the time to figure out the best option in terms of your individual health care. I have wanted a shot to take away the pain and he did not agree but was ready with a solution that will work best for me now and for years down the road.
Washington, DC – Oct 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr Allmon is a great surgeon and physician. His scheduling staff however, need to be replaced. They have dropped the ball three times and fail to followup with patients. In speaking with other patients in the waiting room, they voice similar complaints quietly. This guy isn't the only game in town so unless his office manager can terminate and properly train employees, I would use the firm but not the doctor until they managing partners get the message. Other Dr's didn't have this issue.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
Dr. Allmon is an amazing surgeon! He is extremely knowledgable and I am so thankful I listened to all of his recommendations. I am two weeks post op (right distal radius surgery) and could not be more pleased with my results. I highly recommend Dr. Allmon if you are looking for a surgeon. I give his staff 5 stars as well!
Stephanie Hawkins in Lewisville, TX – Sep 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?
At my appointment I was informed that I would have to have surgery that day. Dr. Allmon went above and beyond standard patient care. He is an excellent surgeon, very kind and has an excellent bedside manner. He made me feel at ease before surgery and during multiple post op visits. I would highly recommend Dr. Allmon.
Marilou in Plano, TX – Apr 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Allmon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Allmon?