Dr. Christopher Aho, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 49

Neurosurgery

Dr. Christopher Aho, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Whittier, CA and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School in 1999. He is affiliated with PIH Health Whittier Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Christopher Aho, MD

Christopher Aho, MD

8135 Painter Ave Ste 307 Whittier, CA 90602
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Aho with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Riverside Community Hospital.

Make an appointment at Riverside Community Hospital today at (951) 335-3393.

These providers are on the medical staff of Riverside Community Hospital.

Dr. Aho's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Aho

4.5

Excellent and very caring surgeon.
On Sept. 6, 2022, my 87 yr. old mother had a benign brain tumor removed by Dr. Aho. My family was apprehensive about the procedure due to my mother's age. However, Dr. Aho, explained very clearly the pros and cons, and left the decision to us. The decline prior to the surgery was obvious. She started to have difficulty expressing herself, remembering, walking, losing her balance and her vision (she was using a magnifying glass to read.) The surgery was a total success! We are forever grateful to Dr. Aho. My mother went home six days after the surgery. No pain! We noticed right away that her vision improved, her balance and walking did to. She was able to have outpatient physical therapy and continues to improve. Thank you Dr. Aho, you are a blessing to our family!
Durazo family – Nov 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Dr. Aho is such a highly professional and responsible Neurosurgeon!! My mom was sent to the Emergency Room in April, since her right side were found not that coordinated and has slower response. She was diagnosed as intracerebral hemorrhage and needs immediate surgery of craniotomy to remove the hematoma inside her brain. Dr. Aho is very friendly and responsible to my mom and also to all my family member, he explained my mom’s situation and the surgical procedure to us in great details and with his accurate judgement before the surgery, which comforted me and my family a lot. The surgery was very successful, and my mom recovered very quickly! Me and my whole family are very grateful to Dr. Aho, for only bringing a second life to my mom, and also brought such great happiness to my whole family. I hope that the experience that I shared would be helpful to whom needed. Do go to the hospital immediately once you notice any abnormalness of your body, and Dr. Aho is highly recommended!!!
Jun 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I had a lower lumber (lower back) surgery three months ago; I have Degenerative Disc Disease. Dr. Aho was recommended to me and when I met with him, he explained how the surgery would go; it did last longer than he expected; seven hours. When I woke up the next day, I felt a little pain; nothing like I had been experiencing. My ankles were no longer numb and I was able to stand up straight. I am now close to walking a mile and no pain! I was not able to do this prior to surgery. Dr. Aho, thank you for a job well done; my family and I can't thank you enough! Soon I will be able to chase my great-great grand-daughter!
William Kugelman – Mar 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Following several falls, my husband suffered severe back pain. Two months ago, he was diagnosed with lumbar decompression. Dr. Christopher Aho performed the surgery. From our initial office visit, we were extremely pleased and relieved with Dr. Aho's informative discussions. His explanation of the procedure and of what to expect post op. Dr. Aho's daily hospital visits were comforting and uplifting. My husband's recovery has been amazing. He no longer has any back pain. Dr. Aho keeps monitoring his process. We feel fortunate to have had Dr. Aho as my husband's neuro surgeon.
Sally LeClerc – Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I love Dr. Aho. He is very real. He listens to your request and comments. He takes time with you and never rushes you. He has done 2 spinal fusions with good results. The 1st one I had done for sciatica, left leg, herniated disc and foraminal stenosis. He was great with everything. The 2nd time I had a spinal fusion, I had a huge herniated disc, spinal stenosis and right leg pain and he cured that. I am so grateful that me legs don't hurt anymore.
Anna Rodriguez – Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
This was my last office visit with Dr. Aho after 8 physical therapy sessions for the lumbar back surgery Dr. Aho performed 2 months earlier. (2 months ago, I was in a lot of pain, had numbness and tingling in both feet and had a hard time walking). Dr. Aho asked how I was doing, I gleefully told him 100% better than before I had the surgery. He asked would I have done the surgery earlier and I said yes. I always had back problems. I took steroids, had physical therapy and always said I have to get this and that done first. I wish I had my back surgery done earlier, 15 years earlier. Dr. Aho also said I can have more physical therapy, if I need it. He also said to call if I have any more problems. I am very happy with the results from the surgery and physical therapy. I would recommend Dr. Aho to any one.
Kay Yamaguchi – Nov 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I started with weakness in my legs , my legs would not react to the usual speed that I would walk my thinking was that it was just back pain from all the walking on the cement floor at work. I kept working with pain for almost three weeks until I had scheduled vacation for a week so I thought after a week of rest I would be fine but the pain only got worse , I could not sit , lye down , sneeze, laugh and stand up without feeling the pain. I tried walking and could not keep my balance because of the pain . Let me go back to wen i was 30 years old 25 years ago I was diagnosed with a tumor in the middle of my spinal cord (lumbar) which I had surgery to remove . I kind of knew that the tumor had grown again and was causing the pain but was afraid to have surgery again . I was referred t Dr. Aho and he came in to my hospital room and reassured me that he would take care of me and I would be fine .I wish I would have met Dr. Aho sooner. Do not be afraid to have surgery it can only help you.
Ricardo U. Cervantes – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Had major back surgery performed by Dr. Aho. Back in April 2021. Had excellent results, extremely pleased with the outcome! After years of pain and suffering! I'm now able to resume a normal and productive life! As to Dr. Aho his bedside manner is exceptional plus he has an exceptional staff!
Albert Sala – Jun 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I was suffering from shoulder and arm pain for months, a MRI showed a bulging disc which required surgery. I was scared. I had C5-C6 fusion and wasn’t sure if I would ever be the same. Surgery was in 8/2008. I’m grateful that I don’t have any pain and didn’t have any problems. Wasn’t sure if I would be able to do the neck roll anymore but I CAN!
Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Everyone thought my husbands leg problems were due to his bad back.... till Dr Aho viewed his MRI to see the problems were in his neck due to severe pinched nerves. My husband could not even stand on his legs. It’s been 3weeks since his surgery and now able to stand and walk again. We are so thankful for Dr Aho and will be forever grateful.
Whittier Ca 90603 – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
It was wonderful. I had pain for several years and did many pain blocks which stopped working. I was referred to Dr AHO - I admit I was nervous but he took his time with me and answered all my questions. He said that a uninstrumented back would not be helpful for my spinal stenosis. We went home and thought about it and decided that his option was the best. When I woke up from surgery I no longer had nerve pain in my hip or leg. In fact I had no pain at all. He put a pain block in my incision and ordered around the clock pain medication. He has a pathway to your healing which works and I went home in 3 days. At home I continued to progress and I couldn’t be happier. I couldn’t walk 2 blocks before surgery and I can now walk over 10,000 steps without pain. I am so happy and I highly recommend him.
James Roe – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I Thankful for Dr. Aho gave me hope do to the surgery I am happy with the results. I highly Recommend Dr. Aho.
Jesus A – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
If you want a doctor that will spend time listening to your concerns and condition, explaining exactly what steps such as testing, xrays, MRIs, etc. should be taken next and why, giving you the options relative to your health issue(s), taking the time to answer your questions, and a very patient bedside manner, this is the doctor for you.
pam – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I am completely and absolutely horrified at what Dr Aho did to my brother. In his suggestion to have a procedure done or he would become crippled. The surgery was not only done with mistake that lead into a second surgery, but followed with months of re cooperation and therapy that was never successful. My brother is now 87% disabled and unable to live a normal life. He is bent at the waist and can only look at the ground. His neck, shoulders, and hands no longer functional as they did before. The reason l am writing this review is because l see my brothers struggles everyday. It pains me to no end. Please be careful when you have any surgery with this Doctor. My brother chose not to press charges because he chose not to ruin a life. This all happened years ago and there is nothing that can be done to fix my brother. We were all hoping that in time he would be back to normal but unfortunately as time went by his condition was worst. He lives with constant pain and misery. Be careful!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Whittier , CA – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I went to see my regular doctor and I was referred to Dr. Aho due to severe low back pain that radiates down my lower extremities. I talked to Dr. Aho and he explained everything to me very thoroughly and everything he promised, was done. I now can walk, sleep on my back, and no longer have radiating pain down my legs. Pain only comes with poor position or excessive walking. I would recommend him to anyone.
Avacado Heights, CA – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
It was a great experience. The final results of my lumbar back surgery were better than I thought could happen. It was a blessing to be led to Dr. Ahos office. Thank you!
Whittier, CA – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Great surgeon, because of him I'm able to walk again. He was quick on making my surgery possible even on a Sunday. I went into the ER on Thursday not able to walk or move without excruciating pain & by Sunday I was in surgery. Dr. Aho was great with explaining the procedure not only to me but my family. He was patient with answering all questions & concerns that my family had & put everyone's mind at ease.
F. Martinez – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
I was diagnosed with a meningioma tumor. We chose Dr. Aho to have the brain tumor removed as it was very large and was causing terrible headaches and mood swings. Dr. Aho performed the surgery and informed us of the risks. The surgery lasted more than 9 hrs. I am back to my old self without the headaches and mood swings. I am so impressed with the skill and treatment that was given to me byDr. Aho. He made us feel so special, and at ease with his confident style and bedside manner.
Tana Dawkins in Whittier,CA – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Suffered from back pain for 3 years and I went to many doctors and chiropractors where I got epidural injections and did physical therapy and nothing provided relief. I went to see Dr. Aho and he did surgery on my lower back and since then I no longer have any back pain. I would recommend Dr. Aho because he is an excellent doctor that made me feel better.
Trinidad and George Rodriguez in Whittier – Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?
Never had an operation before and this one was the first time and I was under a lot of pain but I had to get it done. I was recommended to Dr. Aho and he did an incredible job with my back surgery. I am very happy with the outcome and I recommend this to anybody who has similar problem.
FIdencio Villanueva in Whittier, CA – Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Aho, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Aho?