Dr. Christopher Aho, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 48

Dr. Aho

Christopher Aho, MD

12291 Washington Blvd Ste 102 Whittier, CA 90606

Dr. Christopher Aho, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Whittier, CA and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Beverly Hospital and PIH Health Downey Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Aho to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Aho with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Aho's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Aho

4.4

11.904761904761905%

Dr. Aho
I started with weakness in my legs , my legs would not react to the usual speed that I would walk my thinking was that it was just back pain from all the walking on the cement floor at work. I kept working with pain for almost three weeks until I had scheduled vacation for a week so I thought after a week of rest I would be fine but the pain only got worse , I could not sit , lye down , sneeze, laugh and stand up without feeling the pain. I tried walking and could not keep my balance because of the pain . Let me go back to wen i was 30 years old 25 years ago I was diagnosed with a tumor in the middle of my spinal cord (lumbar) which I had surgery to remove . I kind of knew that the tumor had grown again and was causing the pain but was afraid to have surgery again . I was referred t Dr. Aho and he came in to my hospital room and reassured me that he would take care of me and I would be fine .I wish I would have met Dr. Aho sooner. Do not be afraid to have surgery it can only help you.
Ricardo U. Cervantes – Jun 17, 2021
Had major back surgery performed by Dr. Aho. Back in April 2021. Had excellent results, extremely pleased with the outcome! After years of pain and suffering! I'm now able to resume a normal and productive life! As to Dr. Aho his bedside manner is exceptional plus he has an exceptional staff!
Albert Sala – Jun 11, 2021
I was suffering from shoulder and arm pain for months, a MRI showed a bulging disc which required surgery. I was scared. I had C5-C6 fusion and wasn’t sure if I would ever be the same. Surgery was in 8/2008. I’m grateful that I don’t have any pain and didn’t have any problems. Wasn’t sure if I would be able to do the neck roll anymore but I CAN!
Nov 13, 2020
Everyone thought my husbands leg problems were due to his bad back.... till Dr Aho viewed his MRI to see the problems were in his neck due to severe pinched nerves. My husband could not even stand on his legs. It’s been 3weeks since his surgery and now able to stand and walk again. We are so thankful for Dr Aho and will be forever grateful.
Whittier Ca 90603 – Oct 27, 2020
It was wonderful. I had pain for several years and did many pain blocks which stopped working. I was referred to Dr AHO - I admit I was nervous but he took his time with me and answered all my questions. He said that a uninstrumented back would not be helpful for my spinal stenosis. We went home and thought about it and decided that his option was the best. When I woke up from surgery I no longer had nerve pain in my hip or leg. In fact I had no pain at all. He put a pain block in my incision and ordered around the clock pain medication. He has a pathway to your healing which works and I went home in 3 days. At home I continued to progress and I couldn’t be happier. I couldn’t walk 2 blocks before surgery and I can now walk over 10,000 steps without pain. I am so happy and I highly recommend him.
James Roe – Aug 27, 2020
I Thankful for Dr. Aho gave me hope do to the surgery I am happy with the results. I highly Recommend Dr. Aho.
Jesus A – Apr 02, 2020
If you want a doctor that will spend time listening to your concerns and condition, explaining exactly what steps such as testing, xrays, MRIs, etc. should be taken next and why, giving you the options relative to your health issue(s), taking the time to answer your questions, and a very patient bedside manner, this is the doctor for you.
pam – Mar 24, 2020
I am completely and absolutely horrified at what Dr Aho did to my brother. In his suggestion to have a procedure done or he would become crippled. The surgery was not only done with mistake that lead into a second surgery, but followed with months of re cooperation and therapy that was never successful. My brother is now 87% disabled and unable to live a normal life. He is bent at the waist and can only look at the ground. His neck, shoulders, and hands no longer functional as they did before. The reason l am writing this review is because l see my brothers struggles everyday. It pains me to no end. Please be careful when you have any surgery with this Doctor. My brother chose not to press charges because he chose not to ruin a life. This all happened years ago and there is nothing that can be done to fix my brother. We were all hoping that in time he would be back to normal but unfortunately as time went by his condition was worst. He lives with constant pain and misery. Be careful!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Whittier , CA – Dec 28, 2019
I went to see my regular doctor and I was referred to Dr. Aho due to severe low back pain that radiates down my lower extremities. I talked to Dr. Aho and he explained everything to me very thoroughly and everything he promised, was done. I now can walk, sleep on my back, and no longer have radiating pain down my legs. Pain only comes with poor position or excessive walking. I would recommend him to anyone.
Avacado Heights, CA – Dec 06, 2018
It was a great experience. The final results of my lumbar back surgery were better than I thought could happen. It was a blessing to be led to Dr. Ahos office. Thank you!
Whittier, CA – Nov 06, 2018
Great surgeon, because of him I'm able to walk again. He was quick on making my surgery possible even on a Sunday. I went into the ER on Thursday not able to walk or move without excruciating pain & by Sunday I was in surgery. Dr. Aho was great with explaining the procedure not only to me but my family. He was patient with answering all questions & concerns that my family had & put everyone's mind at ease.
F. Martinez – Jul 20, 2018
I was diagnosed with a meningioma tumor. We chose Dr. Aho to have the brain tumor removed as it was very large and was causing terrible headaches and mood swings. Dr. Aho performed the surgery and informed us of the risks. The surgery lasted more than 9 hrs. I am back to my old self without the headaches and mood swings. I am so impressed with the skill and treatment that was given to me byDr. Aho. He made us feel so special, and at ease with his confident style and bedside manner.
Tana Dawkins in Whittier,CA – Apr 24, 2018
Suffered from back pain for 3 years and I went to many doctors and chiropractors where I got epidural injections and did physical therapy and nothing provided relief. I went to see Dr. Aho and he did surgery on my lower back and since then I no longer have any back pain. I would recommend Dr. Aho because he is an excellent doctor that made me feel better.
Trinidad and George Rodriguez in Whittier – Apr 19, 2018
Never had an operation before and this one was the first time and I was under a lot of pain but I had to get it done. I was recommended to Dr. Aho and he did an incredible job with my back surgery. I am very happy with the outcome and I recommend this to anybody who has similar problem.
FIdencio Villanueva in Whittier, CA – Apr 12, 2018
Before for seeing doctor Aho I had gone to many doctors for severe pain in my neck. After pills and injections, mri, catscans X Rays they could not determine what was causing my pain. After seeing doctor Aho he said he could fix my pain problem.He explained what had to be done in a way that I could understand. After surgery the pain is now gone. I highly recommend doctor Aho. in my book he is the best.
Merrill Johnson in Walnut, Ca – Apr 09, 2018
Dr. Aho is an excellent doctor. Thanks for everything. I am on my way to a great recovery. The surgery went quite well, the recovery is going well. Dr. Aho I would recommend you to any one who would need your services. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart to you and your staff, in the office and in the surgery room.
irene wear in whittier – Apr 05, 2018
I was admitted to Whittier Presbyterian for emergency back surgery with severe back pain could barely walk . Had never met Dr Aho, he came in to my room explained to me my injury told me I needed lower back surgery. He was able to get me in the O.R. next day. I was up and walking the following day. After a few months of rehab I am now able to go back to work and continue my life. He is a very busy surgeon for a reason. Well worth visit waits!!
Whittier Ca. – Feb 27, 2018
Prior to seeing Dr. Aho I had gone through 2 back surgeries for this condition with another surgeon (an orthopedic surgeon.). Both of these failed. In both cases spacers inserted slipped out of position and migrated to my spinal column, causing intense pain again. At that point I no longer had faith in this surgeons effectiveness and sought a second opinion. We were very fortunate to be referred by two independent sources to Dr. Aho. He has fixed my back. I highly recommend him.
Dawn Hoerner in Whittier, CA – Jan 25, 2018
My family and I are impressed with the extensive knowledge, thoughtful care, and professional guidance Dr. Aho has provided us. We feel very lucky to have him as my mother's neurosurgeon.
Jan 25, 2018
My dad was suffering from severe neck, shoulder & arm pain with numbness & weakness in his hands. He was admitted to a Hosp. (NOT PIH Hosp.) and was there for 3 days. We got fed up because they told my dad there was nothing they could do for him. Dr. Aho heard of my dads situation & immediately had him transferred to PIH Hosp. After talking to my dad, Dr. Aho ordered an MRI and the following morning my dad was having his neck surgery. Dr. Aho cured him & dad went home free of pain & happy.
Carlos in Chino, CA – Oct 11, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Aho?

• Neurosurgery