Dr. Christine MacKie, MD

Family MedicineFemaleAge 56

Dr. Christine MacKie, MD is a Family Medicine Specialist in Cape Coral, FL and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Arizona medical school in 2001. She is affiliated with medical facilities Cape Coral Hospital and Lee Memorial Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. MacKie to book an appointment.

Dr. MacKie

Excellence Medical Center

4304 Del Prado Blvd S Cape Coral, FL 33904
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Family Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. MacKie with our nearby Family Medicine Specialists at Lee Health.

Make an appointment at Lee Health today at (239) 244-3395.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Lee Health.

Dr. MacKie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. MacKie

3.2

Dr. MacKie

Inexcusable incompetence. On August 20, 2020, I arranged for a tele-health (phone) consultation under the agreement that I would be billed their cash price (no insurance involvement) of $100.00. Paid this over the phone on day of service and never received an invoice or any further communication of any kind. Today, September 23, 2021, I received a collection letter for $400.00 naming Excellence Medical Center as the provider who sold this receivable to the collection company. Again, I paid at time of service and asked that they not file an insurance claim. Found out today that they DID file a claim and the insurer allowed $108.00 for the visit (to be paid by me, the insured). Also confirmed today that the provider never sent me a bill for the difference of $8.00. Instead, they sold the $8.00 receivable to the collection company who then arbitrarily increased the collection amount to $400.00. These people are incompetent scum and should be avoided. Stear clear of this practice.
Go Elsewhere – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
I cannot rate Dr. MacKie, I have been unable to see the Dr. I am new to the area and waited 1 month to get a new patient appointment for a urgent issue. During the wait time I was seen by Urgent Care and GYN but the issue was not resolved. I got to my appointment 5 minutes early and was asked about new patient paperwork. I informed the receptionist I did not receive paperwork. She informed me that I was told to be there 30 minutes early to fill this out. I honestly do not recall hearing this or I would have been there early. The waiting room was full so I can assume they were a bit behind. Regardless, the receptionist informed me I would have to reschedule. I was distraught given how long I had to wait for this appointment and still had significant discomfort. I pleaded with her to let me quickly fill out the paperwork. There was zero empathy or compassion. I was told I could reschedule 2 weeks out. Don't waste your time here, they could not care less about the patient.
Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
This is my opinion only and is based on experiences and interactions that I have had with Dr. Mackie and her staff. I fully understand that everyone has different experiences and views. I have been a patient since 2013 and I always thought that Christine Mackie MD was a decent physician, but a lousy manager of people. I am unsure that I believe that she is a decent physician anymore. The office staff have been and continue to be horrible, LIARS LIE. I am saddened to say that I am no longer a patient of Christine Mackie, MD.
Alan Jones – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
I have had 2 visits 1 virtual and 1 in person, NOT IMPRESSED. Both visits my medication order was not correct and was ordered medication without it even being discussed with me at time of the visit. Felt like it was an imposition that I was there. Staff is not very friendly. Will not be returning to her office.
Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
I am a new patient of Dr Mackie's I have been with her just about 1 year. She is great her staff is very efficient and friendly. Everyone in the office has bee very helpful and nice. Dr Mackie is very easy to talk to and very thorough.
Bobbi Bowes – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Dr. mackie is very thorough and takes the time to listen to her patients. She follows up by tactfully insisting that her patients follow through on any further studies or procedures that she prescribes. She carefully selects and recommends top level specialists that she believes will most effectively take care of the needs of her patients. Excellent doctor. Mike P.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
I called the office on Monday Feb 18, 2019 and left a detailed message needing care after an emergency visit for a TIA. It is Friday and still no call back. No problem, I took it upon myself to schedule an appointment with a Neurologist who thought it was urgent enough to see me right away. While the doctor herself is thorough, getting care may be difficult.
  • Long wait times
FL – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Excellent doctor. Always very patient with my elderly mother!!
Deborah Hunter in Saint James City – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Dr. Mackie is a caring and empathetic physician. She takes time to explain test results and discuss treatment options. I believe she is knowledgeable and has up to date clinical expertise. I highly recommend her as a family practice physician.
Tammy in North Fort Myers, FL – Oct 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Dr Mackie is a very caring doctor and her staff is 5 star.
Cape Coral, – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Her and her staff have always been nice.Dr.mackie has taken time and talked with me about everything we have done.
Robert in Cape Coral, FL – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
RUN DON'T WALK! Has an extremely inept staff. In dealing with the patients, it's hard to accept the pompous attitude of the front staff. I feel this doctor likes to overcharge and her staff passes out information that cannot be verified. If you ask for her to return a call, that never happens. I was informed that I owed $50 for a "no show" in December. I never received a bill. I was told it was computer glitch, but I needed to pay before seeing doctor. Hard to prove over 8 months!
AF – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Dr. Mackie is an excellent and dedicated physician. She is a very knowledgeable physician who is concerned about each of her patients, and who listens our concerns. . I have an unusual condition, and Dr. Mackie has spent innumerable hours researching specialists and treatment options. Dr. Mackie reminds me of the physicians of yesteryear who would sit down to chat with each patient.
ER in Gateway, FL – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Dr. Mackie it a wonderful Dr. She is friendly & very knowledgeable; taking time to listen to your concerns, explain options thoroughly & answers all questions. I always feel comfortable with her recommendations. She has referred me to a few specialists over the years, and I am extremely happy with all the Dr.’s. she has referred me to. My elderly mother-in-law visiting us needed medical help, Dr. Mackie saw her the same day. My mother-in-law loved her. I highly recommend Dr. Mackie & do so often
Brenda Rottkamp in Cape Coral – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
She cares about her patients.
Karen Sullivam in CAPE CORAL – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Dr. Mackie was very concerned about my welfare and my getting better. She took time to sit and talk with me!!!
Iris in Cape Coral, FL – Nov 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
A great doctor who can't run her practice. Awful office policies including not calling patients with test results, even if the results indicate a problem. Rude staff. Had several friends who used Dr Mackie and have left the practice for a different doctor. We've all talked to Dr Mackie about the problems which she says are because she can't get good help. That excuse might work for a month or two but not for a couple of years. Just bad business. Look elsewhere or be frustrated with the care.
Cape Coral, FL – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
My experience with Dr. Mackie was terrible- waiting just about an hour to actually see her as a new patient with only two others ahead of me in the waiting room was frustrating. Once she finally came into the room I was assigned she spent under 5 minutes with me barely allowing me to voice my health concerns or history. As I went to check out they didn't even schedule a follow up appointment instead I was told 'she will call you with test results".
  • Long wait times
Cape Coral, FL – Jan 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
I am totally disappointed with the way I was treated as I was trying to become established as a new patient. I was running 10 minutes late which I called to notify them and was told that I would not be able to be seen, even though the office was not closing for another hour and there were no other patients. The office staff that answered the phone as I was standing outside the locked office door said I was told to be 30 minutes early which I never was. I do not recommend at all!!
Ron Seals in Cape Coral, FL – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?
Requested my records, was told it would cost me $1.00 per page. Being at her office only 2x's and needing lab reports, one of which I paid out of pocket, I thought it would not take that long to provide them to me. I called and was told I would hve the by a certain date and requested a call prior to let me know the cost of reports. I have not received either. I will now have to call again due to needing the reports for relocating out of state.
Debbie in Cape Coral, FL – Oct 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christine MacKie, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. MacKie?
Provider explaining information to patient