Dr. Christine Gerber, MD

Gynecology | Female

Island Womens Care, LLC 56 Business Center Dr Pawleys Island, SC 29585 Get Directions
Dr. Christine Gerber, MD
I seek to provide the best GYN care possible to women at all stages of their lives. I've been a GYN in the Pawleys Island area for 19 years, after graduating from Jefferson Medical College and practicing in the Philadelphia area. I'm a member of Tidelands Health board of trustees and a winner of the South Carolina Hospital Association's Blackmon Award for Patient Safety. I'm also a member of the South Carolina Birth Outcomes Initiative of the SC Department of Health & Human Services, a team member that won "Baby Friendly" accreditation for Waccamaw and Georgetown Hospitals, and a member of the team that earned Childbirth Center of Excellence designation for Waccamaw Community Hospital (the first hospital in the state to obtain this distinction). In addition to providing full GYN care, I also offer esthetic care for her patients.

Dr. Gerber's Care Philosophy

Listening is sometimes the best diagnostic tool available. You can't start seeking solutions until you know the real source of the medical problem.

Dr. Gerber's Experience

See how Dr. Gerber's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gerber

Dr. Gerber accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Gerber is now accepting new patients
Island Womens Care, LLC56 Business Center Dr
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Evening
(843) 235-1222Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gerber has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gerber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gerber to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Gerber Says:

I think hearing from other patients is important to anyone looking for a gynecologist.

Every patient and her experience is important.  I try to build long-lasting relationships with my patients.  The positive feedback is welcome and appreciated.  Yet, even negative comments can help me improve as a physician.

Dr. Gerber's Performance
in Carolina Forest, SC |
I have been seeing Dr Gerber since she first started practicing. I highly recommend her. She has helped me through some really tough times and she has always been compassionate, knowledgeable, and attentive to my medical needs. I am excited about her new practice and I am happy to follow her there. It's quite a drive for me since I am in Carolina Forest but for a great doctor it is well wirth the drive.
in Pawleys Island, SC |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gerber. She and her staff were all wonderful to work with from beginning to end. She was very kind and really listened to me about my issues. She spent a great deal of time with me since this was my first visit with her. I feel confident in saying that I trust her judgement and will be seeing her again!
Pawleys Island, SC |
Finally! A physician who will sit with you in the office and listen. Thankful for the recommendation to Dr. Gerber, who I found to be receptive, compassionate and very competent. She personally kept in touch with me from initial appointment through my post op visit and I am grateful for her skill, kindness and ease of connecting with a health care provider. I would highly recommend and she will be my doctor for as long as I live in this area.
Pawleys Island, SC |
This is not my experience with Dr. Gerber but rather a review for her new practice. The reception/ front desk staff is incredibly rude. No sense of professionalism, acted annoyed and rude. Sorry you're being bothered to do your job. Awful. Find another women's CARE practice because this office doesn't offer a thing.
in Wirtz, VA |
Office was quick to get me in. Staff was friendly, professional, efficient and knowledgeable. Dr. Gerber was awesome. Listened, compassionate and informed. Ordered tests that uncovered a hidden problem. She may well have saved my life!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Seeing Dr.Gerber for the first was a very pleasant experience. She answered all my questions and gave me a thorough exam. I will definitely see her again.
in Georgetown, SC |
Dr Christine Gerber is a superb doctor! She listens to you, is very thorough in her exams and is ever so easy to talk to and get information from. The best GYN I've ever been to and I've been seeing her now for 14 years.
in Hemingway, SC |
The wait time is bad not going to lie, but Dr. Gerber is so personable and has a wonderful bedside manner that she is easily forgiven. She has delivered 2 of my children and been my OB for 12 years. The nurses have always been very helpful and nice. Highly recommend her and her staff!
Have you seen Dr. Christine Gerber, MD?
Are you Dr. Gerber?

Compare Dr. Gerber

Dr. Gerber says...

I've been a GYN in the Pawleys Island area for 19 years, after graduating from Jefferson Medical College and practicing in the Philadelphia area. I'm a member of Tidelands Health board of trustees and a winner of the South Carolina Hospital Association's Blackmon Award for Patient Safety.

I'm also a member of the South Carolina Birth Outcomes Initiative of the SC Department of Health & Human Services, a team member that won "Baby Friendly" accreditation for Waccamaw and Georgetown Hospitals, and a member of the team that earned Childbirth Center of Excellence designation for Waccamaw Community Hospital (the first hospital in the state to obtain this distinction).

In addition to providing full GYN care, I also offer esthetic care for her patients.

Dr. Gerber's Care Philosophy

Listening is sometimes the best diagnostic tool available. You can't start seeking solutions until you know the real source of the medical problem.

Dr. Gerber says...

I treat all non-OB issues for women at all stages of their lives.  This includes dealing with their pelvic health issues, such as incontinence, abnormal bleeding, fibroids, endometriosis and prolapse.

Dr. Gerber says...

I perform numerous in-office procedures, such as colposcopy, vaginal ultrasounds, LEEP for cervical dysplasia and diagnostic biopsies.

Esthetic procedures, such as botox and fillers, are also offered at Island Women's Care, 56 Business Drive, Pawleys Island, SC 29585  (843-235-1222)

Wth privileges at Georgetown Memorial and Waccamaw Community Hospital, I have years of experience in major and minor Gynecological procedures, such as hysterectomy, tubal ligations, removal of ovarian cysts, treatment of fibroids and endometriosis.

Dr. Gerber says...

Dr. Gerber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Gerber has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gerber's Board Certifications

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Placenta Previa
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

Lankenau Hospital

Completed in 1992

Youngstown State University, University Of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Gerber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gerber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecology
  • Cosmetic Medicine
  • Gynecologic Surgery

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Birth Control
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage