Dr. Christine Fisher, MD

Dr. Christine Fisher, MD

Breast Reconstruction Surgery  |

Dr. Christine Fisher is a board-certified plastic surgeon focused primarily on taking care of breast cancer patients, specializing in breast reconstruction techniques using perforator flaps, such as DIEP flaps. For appropriate candidates who are experiencing lymphedema after breast cancer treatment she offers lymphatic surgery including lymphovenous anastomosis and lymph node transfer. She also performs cosmetic plastic surgery of the breast and body. Dr. Fisher is compassionate and committed to providing the same care she would want for her own friends and family to her patients. Her goal is to provide personalized care and safely achieve the best possible aesthetic outcome for each individual patient. Dr. Fisher graduated medical school with honors from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to complete her training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. During her plastic surgery training, she cared for patients with breast cancer, head and neck cancer, severe trauma, extremity salvage and burns, using both traditional as well as microsurgical reconstructive techniques to solve a spectrum of functional and aesthetic problems in any area of the body. She trained in microsurgical perforator flap (DIEP flap) breast reconstruction at Magee Women's Hospital and studied microsurgical lymph node transfer to treat upper extremity lymphedema with Dr. Corrine Becker in Paris. Dr. Fisher has an affinity for the precision and artistry of plastic surgery, and its potential to help improve and restore a patient's form, function and confidence. Dr. Fisher won the Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award twice and the Department of Plastic Surgery teaching award three times. She has published multiple peer-reviewed articles and book chapters in topics ranging from regenerative medicine to patient safety. Following her research fellowship she continues to have an ongoing interest in the potential applications of adipose-derived stem cells and fat grafting in soft tissue restoration. Dr. Fisher is proud to serve on the Medical Advisory Committee for the Breast Cancer Resource Center and is a regularly invited guest speaker on topics related to breast reconstruction, as well as an Art Bra® Austin sponsor, the organization's signature annual fundraiser. She regularly attends national breast and microsurgery meetings to stay up to date on the latest research and uses an evidence-based approach to provide optimal, state-of-the-art care. When not in the hospital or clinic, Dr. Fisher enjoys spending time with her husband and three young children. She bakes on weekends, is energized by live music, and relaxes by jogging, swimming and doing other outdoor activities.

Christine Fisher MD

1015 E 32nd St Ste 306

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Fisher

I understand the value of establishing and maintaining a personal rapport with my patients. By taking the time to listen and fully discuss a patient's concerns, I ensure that their individual needs are met. My goal is to provide personalized care and to provide the best possible aesthetic and functional outcome for each individual patient.

Dr. Fisher's Experience

Dr. Fisher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Breast Reconstruction Surgery

Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • McGowan Institute Of Regenerative Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

• Graduated with honors, UTMB School of Medicine, 2006

Dr. Fisher has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fisher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fisher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fisher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fisher to family and friends
Dr. Fisher's Performance
in Santa Fe, NM |
After searching for years for a physician that was a human being, I landed on Dr. Fisher. Her compassion coupled with her insane sense of brilliance made my surgical experience almost magical. Her support, and her office staffs devotion is over the top. Call backs, phone answering and her calling made the experience perfect. To trust while under anesthesia is a big deal for me. I am grateful for her and her passion for her art and her knowledge of science. Perfect.
in Creedmoor ,TX |
As a two time cancer patient, my experience with doctors is extensive. Dr. Fisher is above all my expectations. A true passion for the patient and a meticulous surgeon. I am proud to review this physician, she is amazing.
in Austin, TX |
I interviewed several Drs before my surgery, all very good. I decided to go with Dr. Fisher due her ability really explain all types of breast reconstruction options in such detail. Her final work shows the amount of care and effort she took to ensure perfection. No complaints very happy. No need for additional work.
Round Rock, TX |
There's nothing I can say about Dr. Christine Fisher that hasn't been truthfully said hundreds of times across the internet. Her surgical skill in breast reconstruction is truly on the level of being a gifted artist. There's just no other way to describe it. Her compassion, care and personal investment into her patients is unlike anything I have encountered in any profession anywhere. Her office is a bright uplifting place and the staff is super courteous with flawless follow up.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Fisher performed my DIEP Flap Breast Reconstruction immediately following a bilateral mastectomy. I cannot thank her and her staff enough for their care, compassion, and professional support during the preparation and after the surgery. I was truly fortunate to have found a Plastic Surgeon of her skill here in Austin, TX. I just love who she is as a person and as my doctor.
San Francisco, CA |
I can't say enough how wonderful my experience was with Dr. Fisher and her team! After making the decision to have a double mastectomy, I was referred to her by my OBGYN. I had my first meeting with Dr. Fisher, and I immediately felt comfortable and knew I was in good hands. She explained the procedure in detail, and was at the same time so caring and compassionate. She is a gifted surgeon, and she has given me reconstructed breasts that look amazing! Her assistant, Crystal, is also top not
in Llano, TX |
In late 2015 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. By the grace of God I was lead to Dr. Fisher. In January 2016 I underwent a bilateral mastectomy with DIEP reconstructive surgery. I could not have been placed in any better hands than those of Dr. Fisher and her team. They are an amazing, knowledgeable, and compassionate group of people. Dr. Fisher is so passionate about what she does that her ability to communicate in such a manner that the level of comfort and understanding truly made this dif
in Austin, TX |
I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Fisher and her staff. Her professionalism, personality and spirit reassured me that I was in the right place for my lumpectomy and reconstruction. Thumbs up, Dr. Fisher!
in Austin, TX |
From the first time I met Dr. Fisher, she made me feel as if I was the only patient she had. she is confident, caring and compassionate. She is not only a highly skilled surgeon, but an amazing person who genuinely cares for her patients and treats them like family. My case was a little harder than most and she stuck with me though everything and made me feel taken care of. Crystal, her NP is just as amazing as she is. The staff is caring, courteous, and the office is impeccable. Thank you, Dr!!
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr Fisher is extremely detail oriented. She is kind friendly and all around amazing. She recently performed a reconstruction trans flap for me on my right breast and the entire experience has renewed my faith in western medicine. She has also assembled an amazing staff that both works well to assist clients and creates this amazing laid back and comfortable environment in the office. From my very first phone call all the way through my recovery the experience has been tge absolute best.
in Driftwood,TX |
Dr. Fisher has been one of my most caring doctors through my breast cancer treatment. I highly recommend her for breast reconstruction.
in Fredericksburg, TX |
Dr. Fisher did a DIEP procedure to reconstruct my breasts after a bilateral mastectomy for breast cancer. She is empathetic, genuine and very caring to me and my family. She encouraged and guided me every inch of the way. Her medical care was meticulous. She is a lovely, caring lady who is a wonderful doctor and an artist who takes great pride in her work. I highly recommend her. to anyone who requires reconstruction or plastic surgery.
in Austin, TX |
She has been the most caring doctor I have had in my life. She offered me more alternatives for my surgery and gave me the pro's and con's of everything.
Have you seen Dr. Christine Fisher, MD?
Are you Dr. Fisher?

Visit Dr. Fisher

Dr. Fisher accepts 38 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Medicaid
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Community Health Choice
    Medicaid
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA