Dr. Christine A. Blakeney, DO

Dr. Christine A. Blakeney, DO

Integrative Medicine | Female

Center For Optimal Health 1520 Ramblewood Dr, East Lansing, MI 48823 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

At The Center for Optimal Health we treat issues for their causes instead of just treating symptoms. Early detection, prevention, and reversal of aging-related diseases and employing therapies and treatments to optimize wellness are the focus of our practice. Our patients are treated for their individual needs. Our doctors listen to their patient's health concerns and devote the necessary time to understand their individual complexities. Through this process they are able to develop individualized plans to overcome chronic health issues and achieve wellness. Your initial consultation will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes. This will allow your doctor adequate time to evaluate your health history, listen to your thoughts and concerns and discuss with you the methods appropriate for improving your health, vitality and longevity. In order to prepare you for this visit we would like to share some information regarding our practice philosophy and treatment approach. In our approach we treat the entire health picture of our patients. Every person is individual in their needs and response to treatment. You will be assessed for your unique needs and a plan will be devised that may include targeted methods of testing and treatment not limited to conventional standard-of-care methods. Our Integrative Medicine practice treats patients using both science-based alternative as well as conventional therapies. We will always explain the components of your plan and you will partner with us in making decisions about what you believe is right for you. Our multi-disciplinary approach to health care allows us to address underlying causes of dysfunction from many perspectives in order to truly affect the health of our patients.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Blakeney's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Blakeney's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Blakeney

Dr. Blakeney accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Amerihealth
  • CHAMPVA
  • Priority Health

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Blakeney has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Blakeney

Dr. Blakeney's Review Details
4.2 based on 5 responses
Experience with Dr. Blakeney
Dr. Blakeney's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (4)
Have you seen Dr. Christine A. Blakeney, DO?
Are you Dr. Christine A. Blakeney, DO? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Blakeney

• IV Therapy
  • Nutritional Supplementation
  • Thyroid Hormone Balancing
  • Vitamin B12 Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med

Graduated in 1981

Lansing General Hospital

Completed in 1985

Western Michigan University

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Blakeney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blakeney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blakeney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Blakeney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Integrative Medicine
  • Board certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Blakeney

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Blakeney's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Blakeney

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Blakeney says...

In my 28 years practicing family medicine I cared for newborns to the very old, delivered babies and sat with families in their homes as their loved one passed away. It was an honor and a privilege to serve my community for so many years. As the years flew by the opportunity to be a trusted family doctor was compromised by the need to take care of too many patients in too little time. I became tired and automatic and felt a sense of emptiness at the end of the day rather than a sense of accomplishment. I knew there had to be a better way to take care of myself and my patients in a setting of unhurried love and acceptance. I started my search.

My first step was learning the use of individualized Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy on myself and my patients. We were all excited by how much better we were feeling! Attending conferences in hormone therapy opened the door to other aspects of Wellness Medicine and I was sure I had found my way. I am passionate about what I've learned and I want to bring this information to patients. The mainstream medicine approach to treating the symptoms rather than the cause leaves patients with a list of medications and a list of chronic diagnoses which must then be "managed". There is another way. By balancing your digestion, nutrition, hormones, and stress reaction you can take back your health and your life.

I have been so excited, since becoming part of The Center For Optimal Health, to have the time to address the root causes of my patients' suffering and to enable the body and mind to truly heal. I can't wait to meet you and show you how.

Dr. Blakeney's Care Philosophy