Dr. Christine Blakeney, DO

Dr. Christine Blakeney, DO

Integrative Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Christine Blakeney, DO is an integrative medicine specialist in East Lansing, MI and has been practicing for 37 years. She graduated from Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med in 1981 and specializes in integrative medicine, osteopathic manipulative therapy, and more.Read her story

1520 Ramblewood Dr

East Lansing, MI 48823

Learn about Dr. Blakeney

Dr. Blakeney's Experience

Dr. Blakeney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Integrative Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT

Dr. Blakeney's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Blakeney "In my 28 years practicing family medicine I cared for newborns to the very old, delivered babies and sat with families in their homes as their loved one passed away. It was an honor and a privilege to serve my community for so many years. As the years flew by the opportunity to be a trusted family doctor was compromised by the need to take care of too many patients in too little time. I became tired and automatic and felt a sense of emptiness at the end of the day rather than a sense of accomplishment. I knew there had to be a better way to take care of myself and my patients in a setting of unhurried love and acceptance. I started my search. My first step was learning the use of individualized Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy on myself and my patients. We were all excited by how much better we were feeling! Attending conferences in hormone therapy opened the door to other aspects of Wellness Medicine and I was sure I had found my way. I am passionate about what I've learned and I want to bring this information to patients. The mainstream medicine approach to treating the symptoms rather than the cause leaves patients with a list of medications and a list of chronic diagnoses which must then be "managed". There is another way. By balancing your digestion, nutrition, hormones, and stress reaction you can take back your health and your life. I have been so excited, since becoming part of The Center For Optimal Health, to have the time to address the root causes of my patients' suffering and to enable the body and mind to truly heal. I can't wait to meet you and show you how."

This content was provided by Dr. Blakeney "At The Center for Optimal Health we treat issues for their causes instead of just treating symptoms. Early detection, prevention, and reversal of aging-related diseases and employing therapies and treatments to optimize wellness are the focus of our practice.

Our patients are treated for their individual needs. Our doctors listen to their patient's health concerns and devote the necessary time to understand their individual complexities. Through this process they are able to develop individualized plans to overcome chronic health issues and achieve wellness.

Your initial consultation will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes. This will allow your doctor adequate time to evaluate your health history, listen to your thoughts and concerns and discuss with you the methods appropriate for improving your health, vitality and longevity. In order to prepare you for this visit we would like to share some information regarding our practice philosophy and treatment approach.

In our approach we treat the entire health picture of our patients. Every person is individual in their needs and response to treatment. You will be assessed for your unique needs and a plan will be devised that may include targeted methods of testing and treatment not limited to conventional standard-of-care methods. Our Integrative Medicine practice treats patients using both science-based alternative as well as conventional therapies. We will always explain the components of your plan and you will partner with us in making decisions about what you believe is right for you.

Our multi-disciplinary approach to health care allows us to address underlying causes of dysfunction from many perspectives in order to truly affect the health of our patients."

• Integrative Medicine

• IV Therapy
  • Nutritional Supplementation
  • Thyroid Hormone Balancing
  • Vitamin B12 Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Western Michigan University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Lansing General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Blakeney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blakeney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blakeney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blakeney's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blakeney to family and friends

Dr. Blakeney's Performance

Dr. Blakeney is amazing. She listens to you you and I didn't feel rushed. We talked for a good while and got to know each other a little better. She wanted to know my diet, my lifestyle, am I happy, my family, my plans, etc. She wants to know the whole person, not just my hormones.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Blakeney is the sweetest doctor I have ever had! She listens to my concerns in the hour consultation, returns my phone calls & questions quickly & I don't feel rushed during her appointments. I look forward to my follow-ups with her!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1