Dr. Christina Williamson, MD

Dr. Christina Williamson, MD

Thoracic Surgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Christina Williamson, MD is a thoracic surgery specialist in Burlington, MA and has been practicing for 35 years. She specializes in thoracic surgery and cardiothoracic surgery.Read her story

Lahey Hospital & Medical Center

41 Mall Rd

Burlington, MA 01805

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Williamson

See how frequently Dr. Williamson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lung Surgery
Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
high
Lung Cancer

Dr. Williamson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Williamson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Williamson "I grew up in the Wisconsin but came east to Boston for college and for much of my surgical training. I fell in love with Boston, but I'm still a Packers fan and a stock owner as is my entire family. If you grew up in Wisconsin during the VInce Lombardi era we all had green and gold in our blood stream. I have a son and a daughter who are my pride and joy. Our family has had to cope with advanced stage cancer, so we've learned to live each day with joy and thanksgiving. As for my professional career I am an Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine and have my practice at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center. I joined Lahey in 1988 after a busy clinical practice in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery from 1983 to 1988 in Madison Wisconsin. I graduated from Harvard College in 1972 and from the University of Wisconsin Medical School in Madison, Wisconsin in 1976. I completed my General Surgical Internship at Boston City Hospital from 1976-77 and my General Surgical Residency at Boston University Medical Center from 1977 to 1981. I received my Thoracic and Cardiovascular Fellowship training at the University of Wisconsin Medical Center from 1981to1983. My current research interests include: Circulating tumor cells in non-small cell carcinoma, Identification of plasma proteomic signature for lung cancer, and the role of cell free DNA, tumor specific cell free DNA, and micro RNA in understanding the biology of non-small cell lung cancer and esophageal cancer and its potential utility in the staging, prognosis, and response to therapy. I have been the Principal Investigator in collaborative studies with both the Koch Institute and the Broad Institute at MIT. I was also a contributor to the Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network. I have had several publications in peer review journals that document my research interests in the study of lung cancer and lung cancer screening. My full CV is available on Doximity. "

This content was provided by Dr. Williamson "I believe that patients are an important member of our care team and are treated as if they are a part of our Lahey family.  I am a vigilant advocate for my patients throughout their process of care and I consider it a privilege when they entrust their care to me and our team."

• Thoracic Surgery

• Pleural Cancer
  • Respiratory System Cancer
  • Thoracic Cancer
  • Thymomas

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Harvard
  • University of Wisconsin / Madison
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Williamson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Williamson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Williamson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Williamson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Williamson to family and friends
12 total reviews

Dr. Williamson's Performance

Are you Dr. Williamson?

More Thoracic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Williamson at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center

Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialist