Dr. Christian Stone, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Christian Stone, MD

Dr. Stone has been practicing gastroenteology for more than 15 years and is an internationally recognized expert in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn's and Ulcerative colitis). He has conducted and published research, served as principal investigator on numerous clinical trials, has participated in the training of dozens of gastroenterology fellows and serves the public by volunteering for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America and numerous other local organizations. In addition, he sees patients for other digestive diseases including acid reflux, swallowing and defecation difficulty, ulcers, celiac disease, colon cancer screening, abdominal pain and diarrheal disorders. Dr. Stone strives to be attentive to every patient, focus on obtaining an accurate medical history and being careful and efficient in the diagnostic work-up, avoiding unnecessary testing and explaining the limitations of testing.

...See Less

Dr. Stone's Care Philosophy

When you see me as a patient, my first goal is to get as much information about your symptoms or condition. To do this I will ask a lot of questions and try to narrow down the possible causes to explain the symptoms. I tend to be direct and cut to the chase, valuing your time and trying to be as efficient as possible. I welcome questions and readily admit when our medical approach may have limitations. Rather than order multiple tests and hoping that something shows up, it is better to do a careful evaluation and direct the work-up to confirm a clinical suspicion. This tends to make testing more worthwhile and reliable. I place emphasis on treatments that have published evidence to support their use, but there is also an art to medicine and sometimes answers do not come easily. I value any input or feedback from patients. When I make a recommendation, you can be confident that I am putting your best interest first, avoiding unnecessary or low-yield testing.

Dr. Stone's Experience

See how Dr. Stone's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stone

Dr. Stone accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Stone is now accepting new patients
    Univ Nev Schl Medcn Intnl Medcn8530 W Sunset Rd Ste 230
    Las Vegas, NV 89113
    (702) 483-4483Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Stone has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stone to family and friends
    3.7
    Dr. Stone Says:

Dr. Stone's Performance
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Moved to Las Vegas in 2012 so time for my colonoscopy recheck. Was able to get an initial appointment with Dr. Stone within 10 days and a colonoscopy 3 days later. He took time to listen, asked lots of question to get a clear picture of my overall health and answered all of mine. I never felt my concerns were insignificant or that he was in a hurry to move on to the next patient. He made me feel immediately comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. He's the best!
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Had a bad case of IBS and Dr. Stone knew what it was by listening to me and asking questions. He treated me conservatively (old school) and I'm glad he did. The meds prescribed worked so good that I now have ZERO symptoms. Life is 100% better.
    Henderson, NV |
    I came from California and needed a new gastrologist. He is very blunt and cuts right to the chase but I do feel very confident in his decisions. I wanted to switch to a new medication that wasn't as harmful to me in the long run and one I can get pregnant one. He choose one easily and the process was great. I very much liked my appointment.
    Las Vegas, NV |
    First off, I was seen promptly, right on time for the appointment we'd been given. Then Dr. Stone took one look at me and my medical records and *instantly* figured out what was wrong and what was needed to make me well. This was after many months of illness that hadn't been correctly diagnosed or treated by many other doctors. I also was impressed by how well he communicated with me and my wife. He identified what action would be taken and delivered on his promise within 10 mins. Awesome!
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    My appointment with Dr Stone was undeniable the best one I've had. He discusses every thing and not only was it informative it covered every thing, and it was in layman's terms. I would definitely recommend Dr Stone to anyone needing a gastroenterologist. Cu
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    I have had stomach pain for the last 25 years. I tried everything to get rid of the pain. I started going to Dr.Stone and he right away he knew what I was going through and put me on my new diet and I right away started feeling so much better. I am now pain-free for the first time in 25 years all thanks to him. Best choice you can make if you have any stomach problems.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Dr. Stone is awesome, kind and hilarious! You can tell he loves what he does and the office staff is really friendly. I really liked him! Recommend!
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Dr. Stone is great. He is professional, smart and he explained everything very clearly before my procedure. He even called the next day to make sure I was doing well. Overall, I thought he did a great job for me and would recomend him without hesitation.
    Have you seen Dr. Christian Stone, MD?
    Are you Dr. Stone?

Dr. Stone's Care Philosophy

Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Colonoscopy

Upper endoscopy (EGD)

Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

Pouchoscopy

Percutaneous Endoscopic Jejunostomy (PEJ) - Our GI group is the only one in Las Vegas performing this procedure.

Dr. Stone says...

Communication is the key to any relationship, including the doctor-patient relationship. My promise to you is that I will do my best to help you, make a diagnosis, treat you and relieve symptoms. If you are not satisfied with my approach or my opinion, it is ok to tell me that. After many years of practicing medicine, I have learned that sometimes patients are reluctant to share their feelings, but your feedback is extremely important. It helps me to help you.

Dr. Stone's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Stone has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stone's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
    • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Graduated in 1991

• Other Education
      St Louis University

Completed in 2004

Dr. Stone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
    • Inflammatory Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Gastroenterology Procedures