Dr. Christian A. Guier, MDCM

Dr. Christian A. Guier, MDCM

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Christian A Guier MD 45 Castro St Ste 337, San Francisco, CA 94114 Get Directions

Learn about this Provider

I am an orthopaedic specialist with over 25 yrs experience in treating general adult and pediatric orthopedic conditions. I have...Read more

Personal Bio

I was born in Montreal, Canada and completed Medical School at Mc Gill University in 1982. I then came to...Read more

Dr. Guier's Experience

Visiting Dr. Guier

Dr. Guier accepts 19 insurance carriers

19 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Guier has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Guier

Dr. Guier's Review Details
4.3 based on 6 responses
Experience with Dr. Guier
Dr. Guier's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (6)
Dr. Christian A. Guier, MDCM says

Medicine never ceases to keep you humble.  If I or my staff have rendered someone a disservice, I would want to know about it and do my best to remedy it. So please let me know if there is anything that I or my staff could improve on, anonymously or otherwise.

If on the other hand, my Staff or I have provided you service that is commendable, we welcome those comments as well. We too thrive on positive reinforcement, even if it leaves us feeling embarrassed or bashful. So if we moved you in any way, any comment would leave us feeling most appreciative.

Dr Guier, is an extremely knowledgable and professional physician. I visited his clinic in regards to a knee injury sustained skiing. He asked me questions about the injury to clearly understand the circumstances in which it happened and did a thorough exam. He then gave me his opinion on the extent of the damage and informed me of the next steps. Throughout the consultation I felt confident I was receiving the best care and he was concerned with my well being.
Have you seen Dr. Christian A. Guier, MDCM?

Compare Dr. Guier

Compare this Provider

• Sports Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Guier's Board Certifications

Dr. Guier says..

I like to think of myself as a primary care physician who has an excellent working knowledge of all orthopaedic conditions first. I love the specialty as a whole and feel comfortable in my element there.

With that said, I am subspecialty trained in Sports Traumatology and have a solid experience in the psychology and care of the elite athlete. I do however, see myself as hopefully being able to remedy and re-motivate all individuals who find themselves in the difficult sitiuations that many musculoskeletal ailments leave us in.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Achilles Tendinitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Guier says..

I have excellent training and experience in treating many general orthopaedic and traumatologic fractures and conditions. I feel fortunate to have studied,trained and practiced with some of the great knee, shoulder, hip, hand, foot and trauma surgeons of the world.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • ACL Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

McGill University / Faculty of Medicine

McGill University

Graduated in 1978

Vanier College

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Guier has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • German

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

The California Orthopaedic Association is the largest statewide association representing orthopaedic surgeons in California. Orthopaedic surgeons evaluate and treat all types of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. This includes surgical and non-surgical treatment of the spine, hip, knee, ankle, foot, shoulder, elbow and hand. The Association assists our members by providing continuing medical education and other resources that enhance their ability to provide high value quality health care.

×

Dr. Guier's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Guier

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Guier's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Guier

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Guier says...

I was born in Montreal, Canada and completed Medical School at Mc Gill University in 1982.

I then came to the USA to complete a General Surgical Internship and Orthopaedic Residency at the University of California at San Diego.

My training continued with a Fellowship in Sports Traumatology in Lyon, France, sub-specializing in Knee and Shoulder Surgery.  I was appointed to and cared for the French Ski Federation's Men and Women Downhill ski teams.

With my eyes focussed on how a life might be living at the foot of the Grand Tetons, I returned to the USA in 1990 and practiced rural medicine in Jackson Hole and the surrounding areas of western Wyoming, Driggs, Idaho and Ennis, Montana, where I cared for adult and children's orthopaedic conditions for 25 years. While there, I co-founded Orthopaedics of Jackson Hole/Teton Orthopaedics and Teton Outpatient Services, providing care to those communities and tourists to the Greater Yellowstone area for more than 15 yrs.

I am still working with the French National Downhill and Freestyle Ski teams on World Cup, X-Games and Olympic venues.

I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and began my new practice in 2014. Some ask why I would ever leave Jackson Hole? Yes, I miss Wyoming, but I am very happy to be caring for my immediate family who live here with me now, in the Bay Area. I have always loved this State and like many of you, am very happy to be living in Northern California.

Dr. Guier's Care Philosophy

I am an orthopaedic specialist with over 25 yrs experience in treating general adult and pediatric orthopedic conditions. I have a subspecialty training in knee and shoulder surgery and Sports Traumatology.

I am an empathic listener and offer all treatment options without bias because surgery may not always be the right option. I inform patients of the non-surgical and surgical remedies and help make referrals as needed. I believe in assisting patients gain a better understanding of their condition and involve them, along with their other care providers, in returning to their maximum level of performance.

I love what I do and enjoy each working day.