Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Christian Bonasso, MD
Dr. Christian L. Bonasso is a classically trained neurosurgeon specializing in a wide range of adult neurosurgery. Dr. Bonasso has extensive experience in the surgical treatment of all aspects of spinal disease, benign and malignant brain tumors, pituitary tumors, intracranial aneurysms, Chiari malformations and peripheral nerve disorders including carpal tunnel syndrome and ulnar neuropathy. Dr. Bonasso is board-certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons. He completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Cincinnati before earning his medical degree from their College of Medicine. His neurosurgery residency was completed at The Ohio State University. Actively involved in the medical community, Dr. Bonasso is a member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, and the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. Dr. Bonasso also continues to work in the development of a cerebral cooling system to be used in the treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stoke and brain injury after cardiac arrest. Dr. Bonasso uses his experience inside and outside of the hospital setting to provide his patients with the best care possible. He will focus on educating his patients about their diagnosis and presenting all of their treatment options in a clear and understandable way. If surgical treatment options are best, he will utilize the most modern techniques available to provide expert surgical care. Dr. Bonasso believes that the key to providing excellent and compassionate care is to treat all patients as he would his own family. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and traveling.

600 N Pickaway St Ste 107

• HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Bonasso

See how frequently Dr. Bonasso performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Spine Disorders
Herniated Disc

Dr. Bonasso's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Oh State University Hospital

Dr. Bonasso has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bonasso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bonasso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bonasso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bonasso to family and friends
Dr. Bonasso's Performance
in Columbus, OH |
My second time with Dr. Bonasso - both surgeries and experiences were very pleasant and worthwhile.
in Columbus, OH |
Staff and doctor exhibited professional manner. Courteous and efficient. Would recommend this practice to anyone in need of services.
in Columbus, OH |
Very efficient. Very attentive. Overall excellent.
in Columbus, OH |
I had a great experience with Dr. Bonasso and his staff. He is a great doctor and knows what he is doing. I am very pleased with everything.
in Columbus, OH |
Once I got referred to Dr. Bonasso, everything was great. From the time he read my MRI to admitting me and doing the surgery. I would give him an A+++.
in Columbus, OH |
The procedure went well. I feel great. Best decision I made to have this done. Dr. Bonasso is wonderful and will recommend him to anyone.
in Columbus, OH |
Never have I felt more cared for. The diagnosis and procedure was explained completely. My hospital stay was actually enjoyable (great staff).
in Columbus, OH |
Very pleased overall with pre and post surgery procedures. Would highly recommend Dr. Bonasso. I am now totally PAIN FREE!
in Columbus, OH |
It was very easy and great results.
in Columbus, OH |
I could not have asked for better care. Thank you. Staff caring, kind and always careful to answer all of my questions.
in Columbus, OH |
Great Experience. Dr. Bonasso and staff were good to work with. Surgery and recovery went well. I went from only being able to stand for 3 to 4 minutes to being able to walk for extended periods. Just spent the day with my grandkids at the zoo for the first time in years. So thankful Dr. Ruane referred me to Dr. Bonasso and I would strongly recommend him.
Care was excellent.
in Columbus, OH |
I had an optimal experience. Surgery and care went as expected.
in Columbus, OH |
Very wonderful customer service. Doctor spent appropriate time explaining everything! Really like this office. I would definitely refer family and friends here. I felt very well taken care of. Very professional staff.
in Columbus, OH |
Very professional. Took care of the problem with my back.
in Columbus, OH |
Doc Bonasso did a great job. I would recommend him highly. Thank you very much.
in Columbus, OH |
Required back surgery due to cauda equina. Had back pain for 2 plus years. This surgery was life changing. Dr. Bonasso and his team quickly diagnosed and treated me. His expert care, patience and bedside manner were very appreciated.
in Columbus, OH |
My pain was thoroughly relieved. Dr. Bonasso is wonderful. Very pleased with my treatment.
in Columbus, OH |
Everyone was very nice. The nurses at the hospital took very good care of me.
in Columbus, OH |
Very pleased with overall care.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Bonasso was very easy to understand and his staff is the best. There was no time wasted once seen by the doctor in getting into surgery and on the way to recovery. I was in a lot of pain and crying when he saw me the first time. The doctor and staff made me feel comfortable and understood everything I had to say. THANK YOU DR. BONASSO AND STAFF! I feel great again.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Bonasso and his staff have been wonderful throughout my treatment and continue to be. I have and will recommend his office to anyone who is considering spinal treatment.
in Columbus, OH |
I could not be happier about the whole experience. Dr. Bonasso and his staff are amazing. Would high recommend.
in Columbus, OH |
I felt totally comfortable with my doctor, the surgery ad my time in the hospital. I am recovering comfortably at home. I love the outcome.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Bonasso answers all questions in a language that patient can understand. Works with the patient and family and takes the time needed.
in Columbus, OH |
Doctor and staff are professional, friendly, and helpful. The treatment seems to be very effective and recovery is going well. There was a mix-up between the hospital and my insurance company and so I left the hospital earlier than I think I should have. However there was no harm done and I feel that I am doing very well.
in Columbus, OH |
I cannot say enough positive comments about Dr. Bonasso, Riverside, and his staff. Thank you for everything.
in Columbus, OH |
No problems with anything. No back pain. Feel great. Very happy with procedure.
in Columbus, OH |
I feel like a million dollars!
Great experience.
in Columbus, OH |
I had the best treatment ever. Thank you.
in Columbus, Oh |
Dr Bonasso performed a double disk removal and replacement with plates and screws. He did a fabulous job and is very caring.
in Columbus, OH |
Very professional, very nice staff. I would recommend this hospital to anyone. Very nice place. Dr. Bonasso is great.
in Columbus, OH |
Very good experience. Was very happy with my surgery and Dr. Bonasso. Thank you!!
in Columbus, OH |
I am thrilled with the results. The relief was immediate. I could not be happier with the care I have received.
in Columbus, OH |
Very pleased with results. No problems.
in Columbus, OH |
Excellent! Dr. Bonasso is a saint! Up walking in 3 weeks postop - doing great.
in Columbus, OH |
I can not thank Dr. Bonasso enough. I already (3 weeks postop) feel like you gave me my life back!
in Lansing, IL |
This place is awesome. Everything that was explained to me happened exactly that way. Top Notch. I would recommend Riverside and Dr. Bonasso to anyone looking for a neurosurgeon.
in Columbus, OH |
I received excellent treatment from my first appointment (diagnosis) to my most recent follow up. I feel great now after suffering for over 4 months. I am so glad I had the recommended fusion.
in Columbus, OH |
The doctor and staff are wonderful. The doctor did a wonderful job on my back. Thank you.
in Columbus, OH |
I am so glad I had surgery. Everybody was very good to me and I am very happy.
One word - Awesome!
in Columbus, OH |
It was the best thing I have done. The doctor and staff took a bad situation and made it into a life changing experience. Thanks.
in Lancaster, OH |
Dr. Bonasso has done five surgeries on my back and I couldn't be more pleased. His care, along with his incredible staff, have made all five a success story. I have soft bone which has complicated the healing and recovery of fusion surgery. He has done outstanding with his attention and care making me feel personally important to him as a surgeon. Great job! I can highly recommend a visit to see if your condition will qualify his services.
in Columbus, OH |
Excellent service - to the point. Best doctor ever!!! Staff wonderful.
in Columbus, OH |
Everyone was easy to talk to and Jill was a lot of help also. Jill called on her off time to make sure I got my x-ray done. They are all very friendly.
in Columbus, OH |
Very Satisfied in all respects. Highly recommend.
in Columbus, OH |
I was in unbearable pain when I first was seen. I was scheduled for surgery in just over a week. The timeliness of everything was excellent!!
in Columbus, OH |
My entire experience with this office and doctor have been excellent! Thank you for making me feel so comfortable.
Have you seen Dr. Christian Bonasso, MD?
Are you Dr. Bonasso?