Dr. Christi Bourne, MD

Breast Surgery | Female

Dr. Christi Bourne, MD

Dr. Christi Bourne, MD is a breast surgery doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Bourne is affiliated with Abrazo Scottsdale Campus, Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center, HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center, HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center and HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Bourne's Experience

See how Dr. Bourne's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bourne

Dr. Bourne accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Bourne is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Bourne has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bourne's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bourne to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Bourne's Performance
    NE Scottsdale , AZ |
    Charming doctor, but not current with latest info relevant to my case. I went thru 3 consultations & she was in direct opposite of the 2. Also, told me to stay on HRT even tho all others told me to stop. She was not for me. Office process not the best. Can't even get your phone number, right. Their low morale increase my angst. Old office type of environment does not help. Old equipment. Computer could not read disc of mammograms.
    in Prescott, AZ |
    Dr. Bourne was my second opinion surgeon when I wa diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004. I knew I was in good hands as soon as I met her. She is caring, patient and an excellent surgeon. She never makes you feel rushed and answers all of your questions. I ended up having her perform my bilateral mastectomy, when I decided on it, a few years later. She wasn't listed as a Top Doc in Phoenix Magazine back then, but she is now. Her peers voted her as one of the best because she is.
    in Chandler, AZ |
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer 20 years ago, and Dr Bourne was my "second opinion" doctor...she was thorough and reassured me about my decision about a mastectomy. Now 20 years later, I have a second DCIS breast cancer, and she is my first choice for my surgeon...
    Phoenix, AZ |
    This doctor is terrible. She orders unnecessary and redundant biopsy, tests and surgeries. I had an infection in the incision she performed , then insisted on a second surgery fora precancerous situation, and cut into the infected incision. Her staff refused to give me an appointment to remove the stiches and told me to cut them out myself, before hanging up on me. I have been ill since then(2years). She also did unnecessary lymph node removal, and I developed lymphedema in the breast.
    Scottsdale, AZ |
    I scheduled an appointment and found the process to be awkward, laborious and uncomfortable. The intake person was more concerned about herself than me and my situation. Communication was extremely poor. It was a clear indication of what my overall experience would be. Given my diagnosis, I chose to cancel the appointment and avoid the stress that this office would clearly cause me. The patient experience from the first person answering the phone provided loud warnings. (22 min to schedule)
    Have you seen Dr. Christi Bourne, MD?
    Are you Dr. Bourne?

Dr. Bourne's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Breast Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Bourne has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bourne's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Anemia
    • Bleeding Disorders
    • Blood Disorders
    • Breast Cancer
    • Breast Lump
    • Carcinoma in Situ
    • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
    • Colorectal Cancer

University Of California At Los Angeles

Graduated in 1980

University Of London

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Bourne does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bourne and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Breast Surgery