Dr. Christen Allaman, MD

Dr. Christen Allaman, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Christen Allaman, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Santa Cruz, CA. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Read his story

1665 Dominican Way Ste 122

Santa Cruz, CA 95065

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net of California
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Allaman

See how frequently Dr. Allaman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ocular Hypertension
Glaucoma
Ectropion of Eyelid

Dr. Allaman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Allaman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Allaman "Dr. Christen Allaman, a Board Certified Ophthalmologist, completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California, San Diego. After receiving his Medical Degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, he served a first-year residency in internal medicine at California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco. Realizing his talents and international interests would be best served in the field of ophthalmology; he completed a residency at the Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. In 1996 he joined Keith McKenzie, M.D., in private practice at Eye Care Medical Group, Santa Cruz, California, and in 1998 became the corporation's president. Dr. Christen Allaman is President and Medical Director of Cypress Outpatient Surgical Center ensuring that only state-of-the-art, compassionate care extends throughout his office and the operating theatre. He has also performed volunteer cataract surgery and diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases in Bolivia, Fiji, Guatemala, and Nicaragua. When he is not taking care of patients, Doctor Allaman enjoys sports, particularly skiing and surfing. He also enjoys adventure travels with his family."

This content was provided by Dr. Allaman "Combining advanced skill, years of experience and compassionate care, Dr. Allaman is dedicated to helping patients of all ages improve, preserve and maintain the health of their eyes, with specialized treatment of many eye diseases and conditions. We also provide full optometry services with an in-house optical shop.. An onsite ambulatory surgery center that is AAAHC approved provides state of the art anterior segment surgery. Dr. Allaman is a leader in advanced technology IOL surgery."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Disseminated Chorioretinitis and Disseminated Retinochoroiditis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Glaucoma Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Glaucoma in Ciliochorodial Detachment
  • Glaucoma in Epithelial Ingrowth
  • Glaucoma in Intra Ocular Tumours
  • Glaucoma in Iridoschisis.
  • Glaucoma in Phacomatoses
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Iridotomy
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of California, San Diego
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Calif Pacific MC
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Eye and Ear Institute Of Pittsburgh
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Allaman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Allaman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Allaman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Allaman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Allaman to family and friends
Dr. Allaman's Performance
in Ben Lomond, CA |
Before my recent cataract surgery with Dr. Allaman., my vision was somewhat blurry. After cataract surgery my vision was crystal clear, colors were brighter and I tested an amazing 20/20 in both eyes. I am so thankful. Dr. Allaman and his staff were courteous and professional in their procedures and care for me. They listened and answered all my questions so I could make an informed decision regarding my eyes. I experienced no pain or discomfort during or after surgery.. A first rate doctor.
in Boulder Creek, CA |
I recently had cataract surgery. The pre-op examination was thorough, questions were answered, & information provided. Dr. Allaman is highly skilled. His 'bedside' manner is that of a caring, healer. The staff is skilled, patient, & intelligent. The office atmosphere is well organized & happy. I am very pleased with my results.?
in Santa Cruz, CA |
Dr. Allaman restored the vision in my left eye from 20/70 to 20/30. He is knowledgeable and helpful. His office staff is cheerful and efficient. My friends all recommended him and they were right!
Santa Cruz, CA |
All I can say is Dr. Allaman is the best Ophthalmologist not only in SC, but anywhere. Do not even try anther doc; you will only be wasting precious time that your/your child's eyes cannot afford to waste. He is friendly, so is the staff, punctual, and supremely educated. Thee absolute best, and we have seen others who do not even compare.
Atwater, CA |
Dr. Allaman was excellent in providing all options that pertained to me, and recommended what he thought was best. However, he left the final decision in my hands. I went with his recommendation, which was an excellent decision. I really appreciate his professional and friendly manner. Dr. Allaman answers all questions that I have on each visit. I always feel that he makes time for me, and is NOT rushing me out of the office. I am confident in recommending him.
in Santa Cruz, CA |
Thank you so very much Dr. Allaman for the most positive experience ever! Had no idea what I was not seeing until I was wheeled out of cataract surgery and instantly could see crystal clear. I am so blessed and thank you and your staff for handling me so professional and caring. Thank you for the gift of site and for treating me so kindly! I will be forever grateful!!
in Santa Cruz, CA |
Many thanks to Dr. Allaman and his excellent staff. Because of his excellent work I am theoretically glasses free. I will use a prescription though, that clears up my vision even better in my lazy eye. I could wear a contact in it if I wish! Amazing, exciting, and life changing. I had cataracts removed and multi-focal lenses inserted. Truly an awesome experience to see colors and see food!
in Boulder Creek, Ca. |
Because of a cornea disease complicating my cataract surgery,I was frightened of surgery and anticipated a difficult procedure and lengthy recovery, with fears of losing sight altogether. Dr Allaman operated on my worst eye a week ago, and he became my new SuperHero, removing the cataracts painlessly and efficiently, and giving me a lens that almost immediately improved my nearsightedness and suffused my world with bright, light color. I recommend him highly to everyone!
in Corralitos, CA |
Dr. Allaman made be feel comfortable about moving forward with cataract surgery and crystal lens replacement. He is an excellent doctor and I am so glad that I had this procedure done! He and his staff are very efficient and the process went along very smoothly!. Thank you for all the wonderful improvement in my eyesight!!
in Aptos, CA |
I had cataract surgery by Dr. Allaman the end of July, 2015. I had surgery on my other eye years earlier by a doctor in San Jose, so I had a comparison. My first doctor retired so I had to search for a new one closer to home, Dr Allaman and his office staff met my expectations as did the the surgery. There was a bit of a wait for one of my visits, but sometimes the doctor needs to take a little more time with some patients, not a scheduling issue. Only one little issue - I did feel slightly
Have you seen Dr. Christen Allaman, MD?
Are you Dr. Allaman?