Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD

Pediatric Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Liacouras

Specialty Care Center Exton

481 John Young Way Exton, PA 19341

Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD is a pediatric gastroenterology specialist in Exton, PA and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1985 and specializes in pediatric gastroenterology and pediatrics.

Dr. Liacouras accepts

Dr. Liacouras accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
QualCare
QualCare HMO
QualCare PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Liacouras' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Diarrhea
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption

2.5

Dr. Liacouras?
Dr. Liacouras' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD
To say this man lacks bed side manner is an understatement. In the 6 months we saw him, he never once considered any thing other than diagnosing my child with food allergies. He refused to do stool tests or a scope and informed me we needed a better allergist. So we switched GI doctors, finally got stool studies & a scope and sure enough she had a rare disease, NOT food allergies. Trust your instinct parents and go to someone who will listen to you. Dr Liacouras is not someone who will.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
We took our son to Dr. Liacouras to see if he possibly has EoE. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. He didn't really answer our questions. He spent most of our appointment telling us how great he is, how he discovered EoE and gives speeches all over the world. He told me numerous times about how I am being treated incorrectly for my EoE. Told us that it is unlikely my son has EoE because he is a healthy weight. Yet another bad CHOP experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
The office is very responsive, he has called me with anything urgent to discuss options. His bedside manner is NOT warm and fuzzy but he has taken excellent care of my son. He is very nice to my son and speaks to him-not just me. His nurse is great and any time I have had an issue they have gotten right back to me. He has taken care of my son's Crohns and has been easy to work with. No complaints from us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
I took my child twice. It took me years to get a referral for her constant abdominal pain and digestive issues. He took an x ray found the same problem both times. Said to give her miralax indefinitely and to give her enemas that there was nothing more he could do. He wouldn't do any more test and when I mentioned that certain foods cause her abdominal distress he informed me that is an allergist problem (but on their website it talks about him specializing in gi allergy issues)!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
Dr. Liacouras is a straight shooter with your child's health. He is quick, to the point and won't sugar coat it. I am pleased with his care to date. Out of the last 3 Doctors my child has seen he is the only one who only looked at facts and not the child personally. Everyone one else saw a happy smiling boy who likes to joke around and said he lied or wasn't sick. Sometimes you need a tough Doctor whos best interest is the health of the child. Like others said he's not chatty, but that's ok.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
We found Dr. Liacouras to be a very good doctor. He definitely has never been chatty, or interested in getting to know us. He manner was always that of a problem solver, and as someone who wants to get to the heart of the illness as efficiently as possible. I did feel that he cared about my child and wanted her to get better. He is smart and I felt trusting of his diagnosis and course of treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
I took my son to see him and his pediatric bed side manner is lacking. My son was scoped upper and lower at 1 1/2 years old and it was a very nerve racking experience. His results came back as having ulcerative colitis. We got the results over a phone call and the office telling us they called the scripts into the pharmacy. The pharmacy called me telling me that the medication is not recommended for children under 5. I called the office to speak with him and no return calls from him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?
Dr. Liacouras is not an overwhelmingly warm person by nature. At our appointment, he was very matter of fact, but thorough and gave us as much time as we needed to discuss our concerns. When my baby was scoped under anesthesia, I was very anxious. He allowed me to be in the room while they put her out and then was very comforting and reassuring. His diagnosis and treatment were very on target. I highly recommend Dr. Liacouras!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chris Liacouras, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Liacouras?