Dr. C. Anthony Kim, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. C. Anthony Kim, MD
Dr. C. Anthony Kim, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Puyallup, WA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Kim is affiliated with Multicare Good Samaritan Hospital.

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Kim is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
    Dr. Kim's Performance
    in Kapowsin, WA |
    Dr. Kim's quick diagnosis and decision to perform an emergency surgery on my small intestine obstruction in April 2017 saved me from going through an intestinal resection--and possibly saved my life as well. He had a kind, calm, and capable bedside manner that I truly appreciated. Thank you, Dr. Kim!
    in Tacoma, WA |
    Dr. Kim was professional, concise and informative throughout the entire process involved with my hernia surgery, providing information regarding the procedure in layman's terms.
    in Puyallup, WA |
    Dr. Kim is very professional and personable. The office staff is friendly. When I had questions or concerns they were addressed quickly. Dr. Kim is also a great surgeon. My incisions healed quickly and I had no post-op complications. I would highly recommend Dr. Kim to anyone in need of a surgeon and wouldn't hesitate to use him again if needed (hopefully will not be needed!).
    Puyallup, WA |
    He is a great surgeon and all around great doctor, I would use him as my surgeon any time.
    in Puyallup, WA |
    I will recommend Dr. Kim very highly to family and friends. His manner was very professional and caring. He explained everything about surgery so I could understand and took his time, not making any of the appointments feel like a fast food chain wanting you to be in and out. Thank You DR. Kim I feel excellent and back to my old self. Sandi Tyler
    Puyallup, WA |
    Dr. Kims care was excellent. What was below expectations was paying all copays up front or the office would not allow my surgery. Then I was not told until 3 dsys before the surgery.
    in Puyallup, WA |
    What a great persons to have my surgery done by. Great personality and cares about his patience
    in Sumner, WA |
    Dr. Kim was the surgeon on duty at the ER when I was admitted with gall balder problems. After a CT scan, it was noted that it should be removed. Dr. Kim spoke to me that evening and went over every thing I should expect for surgery the next day. Surgery went very well. Was very impressed with the relaxed way he talked after the surgery, he was very clear about all that was done. Great personality and very easy to talk to.
    in Graham, WA |
    He performed a umbilical hernia. He was very nice and personable, answered all our questions and performed surgery like a true professional. He did a very good job with no problems or infections. If needed again I will go back to him.
    in Tacoma, WA |
    Super nice, gave me good information and answered all my questions.
    Fife, WA |
    I was recently at the ER for abdominal pain and it turned out I had appendicitis which resulted in an appendectomy/surgery. Dr. Kim was on call and I am very pleased with the level of care I received! He was thorough in explaining the procedure which was done laparoscopic and made me feel comfortable with everything. The whole staff was great. The incisions are small and I felt great a few days after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Kim!
    in Graham, wa |
    Made me feel very confortable with the confidence he exuded as well as his easy going demeanor.
    in Puyallup, WA |
    After ending up in the ER with severe gallbladder pain on a Monday evening, I was referred to Dr. Kim. Tuesday morning I called his office and they fit me in at 10:30am. He confirmed that my gallbladder needed to go and scheduled my surgery for the next morning. I checked in at 6:30am, had surgery at 7:30am, and was home by 10:30am. My recovery was incredibly easy. Dr. Kim is extremely personable in addition to being a highly skilled surgeon. Long story short, Dr. Kim is great at his job.
    in Lakewood, WA |
    Dr Kim was very easy to talk to and a super nice person. He made me feel comfortable
    in Edgewood, WA |
    Dr Kim and his anesthesiologist, Dr Ost did an excellent job correcting my herneia. Little pain, quick recovery. Highly recommended.
    in Puyallup Wa |
    Dr Kim has a great combination of professionalism and personality. I have had two different surgeries by him in the last 5 years and am very pleased with the outcome of both. I would highly recommend him.
    in Puyallup, WA |
    We were sent to emergency due to appendicitis. As a Senior with Diabetics I was concerned. Dr Kim was on call was in finishing up a surgery when I was admitted. He visited me and assured us that this would be taken care of as soon as possible. He opreated on me in the middle of the night. As soon as he finished he went out and assured my wife all was well. I went home around noon and healed beautifully.
    I was sent to the emergency room by my clinic with an intestinal blockage and Dr. Kim was the gastroenterologist on call. He successfully performed the surgery to repair my malrotated, herinated, and twisted intestine. I don't think this was a run of the mill situation yet Dr. Kim's surgical skills handled the repair. Dr. Kim is easy to talk to and explains medical problems in layman's terms so as a patient you understand the situation. I would highly recommend Dr. Kim.
    Have you seen Dr. C. Anthony Kim, MD?
    Are you Dr. Kim?

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Colorectal Cancer
    • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
    • Esophageal Diseases
    • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Hemorrhoids

Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery--Emory University Hospitals
      University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 1989

• Korean

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Colectomy
    • Colon and Rectal Surgery
    • Diaphragmatic-Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
    • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
    • Esophageal Surgery
    • Hernia Repair
    • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
    • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
    • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
    • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
    • Kidney Surgery
    • Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
    • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
    • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance