Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD

Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD

Hematology | Female

Chitra Venkatraman MD PA 7300 Hanover Dr Ste 301 Greenbelt, MD 20770 Get Directions

Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD is a hematology doctor who practices in Greenbelt, MD. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Venkatraman is affiliated with Prince George's Hospital Center.

Dr. Venkatraman's Experience

See how Dr. Venkatraman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Venkatraman

Dr. Venkatraman accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Venkatraman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Venkatraman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Venkatraman to family and friends
Dr. Venkatraman's Performance
in Glenn Dale, MD |
Dr. V saved my life. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer in 2012 and am happy to say that I'm doing well all things considered. While my cancer still persists, Dr. V seems to have found the appropriate treatment and regiment that keeps it under control. I have my good days and bad days, but I'm thankful to still be here after fighting this battle for the past five years. I owe this all to Dr. V and the team of doctors who have been taking care of me since 2012. Thank you Dr. V!
in Washington, DC |
I am very fortunate to be under the professional guidance of Dr. Venkatraman in treating my early stage lung cancer following (VATS) surgery. Her attentiveness in listening to any questions that I have and responding appropriately with clear patient-centric explanations is particularly noteworthy. The Greenbelt office exhibits a well managed office environment reflecting cleanliness and good utilization of space. I view the medical staff highly professional, personable and process oriented.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
I WOULD MOST LIKELY RECOMMEND DR. VENKATRAMAN TO A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT HAS A FORM OF CANCER SIMULAR TO WHAT I HAVE FOR HER PATIENCE AND WILLINGNESS TO EXPLAIN YOUR DIAGNOISIS IN TERMS THAT ARE EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND WILL MAKE THE PATIENT FEEL THAT THERE IS HOPE. I WAS ABLE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IN LESS THAN 5 DAYS OF MY DIAGNOSIS. THE FRONT OFFICE STAFF HAS ALWAYS BEEN FRIENDLY AND WORKED WITH ME TO SET UP MY APPOINTMENTS. DR. VENKATRAMAN IS VERY PATIENT AND PROFFESSONAL .
in Hyattsville, Maryland |
I thank God for Dr Venkataraman if it wasn't for her , her wonderful staff I would not be here today her bedside manner is immeasurable and she's a type of doctor who's blessed with wonderful skills I thank her for my life she's not only my doctor she's my family and I wouldn't have it any other way Dr Venkataraman you're my heart and thank you for everything that you do now I have a little more time to spend with that wonderful granddaughter of mine
in Landover, MD |
Dr. Venkatraman is knowledgeable and thorough in finding out the issue.
in Bowie, MD |
Dr. V's office has very courteous nurses. They always remember my name and give me a hug during my follow up appointments. During my infusions, they always smiled and reminded me to stay positive. Dr. V's wait time has significantly decreased, which has been wonderful.
I was diagnosed in March 2012 with breast cancer and Dr. V has been my oncologist since the very beginning. Without Dr. V and the other group of cancer doctors she works with, I would not be here today. I'm a SURVIVOR because her hard work and dedication in ensuring I get the best care possible. Dr. V does not procrastinate in anything she does whether its referring me for scans, scheduling biopsies, or planning out my treatment plans. I definitely would recommend Dr. V to my family and friends.
Dr.V is very courteous, knowledgeable and detail oriented. Her patient care and bedside manners are admirable. I highly recommend her for the skill sets and patient satisfactions.
in New Carrollton, MD |
She explained to me in details my lab reports and associated risks/positive outcomes based on my treatment/medication management. She is accessible and makes efforts to give feed back through her Practice Staff in respect of my treatment/appointment to avoid delay. She is well grounded and experienced in her specialty.
Silver Spring, MD |
very courteous and prompt in answering questions. very patient in listening to my issues. Cured my problems.
in Monrovia MD |
I was recently admitted to the hospital (ICU) with acute GI bleeding. While other tests were being conducted, Dr. V efficiently and quickly ordered a CT scan. The CT scan revealed a mass in my small bowel. The hospital and the surgeon were then able to quickly perform surgery and remove the mass. Dr.V’s skill and attention to detail was instrumental in saving my life. She is intelligent, diligent, detail oriented, and truly cares about her patients. I highly recommend to her any patient.
in Monrovia, MD |
I am a retired project manager from a reputable Federal Agency in Wasington DC. Dr.V had been my primary care physician for over 20 years and has been intimately associated with me after my heart stent procedure to the LAD artery in 1999. I have been following up with her and her team of beloved associates who had been keeping me in good shape forgeneral consulting and more involved issues be it my bone density, kidney and liver functions - general over all well being . Superb Doctor and group
in Bowie |
Dr. "V" saved my life! She was very caring when relaying the treatment that I needed to have and took me through everything step by step. When I was admitted in the hospital, she took time out of her day to come and check on me twice and make sure I was getting the care that I needed. I appreciate her and her staff. Jennifer is on point with her office management and the front desk staff is always kind. They are awesome!!!
in Silver Spring, MD |
Ten plus (10+) years ago, my Primary doctor referred me to Dr. Venkatraman for bloodwork as a Hematologist. Very pleased with 'patient-centric' attention and providing details to my primary doctor. In 2009, my Bride of 44 years was hospitalized and tests confirmed cancer in multiple areas. The manner in which Dr. 'V' informed us was very caring, as was follow-on office chemo treatments. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. Appropriate Oncology care now on a maintenance level.
in Bowie, MD |
I went to have my bone marrow biopsy and it was a horrifying experience. I had no idea she would be giving it to me Not only did she not wait for the numbing medication to activate, her bedside manner was horrible and the way she addressed her staff in front of me was AWFUL. She was obviously in a hurry and I was in so so much pain. After 2.5 weeks, I could still feel pain at the site. Only use Dr. Wang. Patient and Kind. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. 1 star is being nice.
in Bowie, MD |
The experience with this office is horrible. I do not recommend this medical office to anyone., go to the Clinton, MD location. Tami, the scheduler, is very rude, and so is the whole office! Tried to make an appointment, and kept getting put on hold, then they told me someone will have to call me back. What? Never again.
Greenbelt, MD |
VERY POOR! My PCP recommended Dr. Venkatraman and I just told her that she should not refer any more patients. Every appointment has at least 1 hour wait time and once the doctor goes into the room, she rushes thru the appointment and gets irritated when asked questions. She gave me a diagnosis before the computer booted up. Then it changed after she accessed my information and my name. The office manager is very unprofessional. The way this office operates is a reflection of the doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Are you Dr. Venkatraman?

Compare Dr. Venkatraman

}

Dr. Venkatraman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology
  •  Board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Venkatraman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Venkatraman's Board Certifications

• Hematology
  • Medical Oncology

• All Lymphoma
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Purpura
  • Reticulosarcoma
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis

Thanjavur Med College Madras University India

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Venkatraman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Venkatraman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology