Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD

Oncology ·  Female · Age 60

Dr. Venkatraman

Chitra Venkatraman MD PA

7300 Hanover Dr Ste 301 Greenbelt, MD 20770

Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD is an oncology specialist in Greenbelt, MD and has been practicing for 34 years. She graduated from Thanjavur Med College Madras University India in 1985 and specializes in oncology and hematology.

Dr. Venkatraman accepts

Dr. Venkatraman accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Venkatraman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Venkatraman treats this condition more than 94% of her peers

Anemia

Dr. Venkatraman treats Anemia more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Venkatraman treats this condition more than 94% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acquired Aplastic Anemia
  • Anemia of Pregnancy
  • Aplastic Anemia
  • Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
  • Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA)
  • Chronic Anemia
  • Cold Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
  • Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
  • D-Negative Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (D - HUS)
  • D-Negative Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, Pregnancy Related
  • D-Positive Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (D + HUS)
  • Hemolytic Anemia, Acquired Autoimmune

• Cancer Counseling
  • Cancer Pain Management
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Purpura
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Venkatraman?
Dr. Venkatraman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD
Dr. Venkatraman is a remarkable physician. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she has a great bedside manor. She is very considerate, thorough and takes her time to ensure that the patient understands. We highly recommend this physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I am a 5 year BC survivor and I have been a patient of Dr. Venkatraman for 5 years years. She is thorough and I trust her judgment completely. She listens to her patients and she is sensitive to their needs. I am pleased with the care she has provided and I would definitely recommend her if you need an Oncologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr. Venkatraman was very welcoming and patient. Despite her busy schedule she was at her best to promptly attend us. We also did not need to wait too long for blood to be drawn as well. I will recommend others to Dr. Venaktraman
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Worst doctor ever. My cousin called the doc when she was having symptoms and Dr. Vemkateaman was extremely rude. Told her “if you’re not vomiting blood you’re fine”. Well my cousin went to the ED later that night and was immediately flown to Hopkins. We called Dr. V the following night to update her on my cousin’s status and she wouldn’t even take the call. Instead she told the answering service to tell us to “call her after 9am”. So not only is she rude, but she’s incompetent and cares nothing about her patients. We’ve told our PMD to cease referrals to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Very likely. Dr. V has been treating my DVT. She has kept me calm and been very informative. Her staff is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I am having a serious bout with colon and liver cancer. She and her staff have made me aware of each step that is being taken. The staff is very professional, but pleasant which to me is very important. I would recommend any one that wants a knowledgeable docter to not hesitate in contacting Dr. Venkatraman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr. Venkatraman has been my oncologist since Spring of 2006 when I was diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer. Her care and treatment has been 5 star!. She has a excellent staff and when I arrive for my annual appointment I am always greeted promptly and with a smile.. She is the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Venkatraman since 2015 and I must say that she took care of me and she's easy to talk to. She know how to make me laugh and also get on my case when I need to take better care of myself. She actually cares about my well being. I encourage you to get to know Dr. V and her staff. They are pleasant and professional, I never had a problem. I will be hitting my 5 year mark and my treatments will be over. Forever grateful to her and her staff. Best, AnitaT
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I would like to thank everyone in Dr. Venkatraman & Dr. Wang's practice as they walked me thru procedures, explain results if I didn't know and made sure I was aware of all the purposes of the medications I had to take. The front desk was always friendly and helpful with any administrative issue. Special thanks to Mrs. Agnes, Dr, V., Mrs. Okorie & Amy as they help make my cancer treatment a better transition than anyone would think. Their knowledge and smiles were a big inspiration for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr. V is very attentive and focused. She’s is a personable doctor who gets to know and listen to her patients. I’m very pleased with the services I receive from her and her team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I was recently referred to Dr. V who is extremely thorough & knowledgeable about melanoma. She reassuringly explained the disease, how it attacks the body & 2 treatments. Dr. V referred me to an expert @ Johns Hopkins for 2nd opinion on treatment. Her employees are kind, skilled, efficient & compassionate (like their boss). She has experts in scheduling, billing & an educational program. All are willing to help with any & all questions. An excellent professional experience! Kudos!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr. Venkatraman was very warm and inviting. She is a very patient doctor that is willing to explain medical information with detailed professionalism. She seamlessly and respectfully presented answers that were easy to understand and follow, as well as providing solutions and alternatives. Her decades of medical experience definitely showed through her extensive knowledge and her incredible communication skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I met Dr V in 2013 after being diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. She was very thorough in explaining recommended treatment, side affects that may occur with treatment and ways to help get through them. Overall I felt very comfortable and reassured that I would be in capable hands. She and her staff have taken very good care of me; from my year of chemo treatments to my current quarterly follow up visits. Thank you Dr V and staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Venkatraman for a few years now. I have had to depend on her for treatment in some very important areas. I find her to be an earnest doctor and quite capable in the care she provides.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
My journey started with my gastrologist to my primary care and then to Dr. V. let me say this. if anyone thinks that God alone will cure you, you may want to think that over. I believe God gives all of us a gift and those of us will be pointed in the right direction in a time of need. We all know not all doctors are good at what they do, I believe Dr. V. is the best at what she does. It's not a good thing when one has to be seen by a Hermatology&Oncology but I'm thankful it was Dr. V. and staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr Venka Trauma is very knowledgeable in her practice. She explains the plan of treatment appropriately but she only needs to spend some more time with her patients not rush.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
I thank God for allowing me to have such a positive, professional environment as I go through a very difficult time in my life. I will be forever grateful for the care that I received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr. Vencatramin saved my mother's life. She was in her 80's when she was diagnosed and referred to Dr. Vencatramin. I was very concerned when told she would have to have chemotherapy. Having watched how chemo had been for my sister, I couldn't imagine what it would do to our mother! Dr. Vencatramin assured me she would be very gentle with my mother's therapy and she was. My mom simply got sleepy after each session and is now 95 and doing fine. I only wish my sister had had Dr. V as a physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
The Doctor and Staff are very efficient and professional. My visits have left me with the feeling that I have been well taken care of.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chitra Venkatraman, MD?
Dr. V saved my life. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer in 2012 and am happy to say that I'm doing well all things considered. While my cancer still persists, Dr. V seems to have found the appropriate treatment and regiment that keeps it under control. I have my good days and bad days, but I'm thankful to still be here after fighting this battle for the past five years. I owe this all to Dr. V and the team of doctors who have been taking care of me since 2012. Thank you Dr. V!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Venkatraman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Venkatraman treats patients.

Compare Providers