Dr. Chista Safajou, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 51

Dr. Safajou

Chista Safajou, MD, FACOG, Poughkeepsie, NY

68 W Cedar St Ste 1 Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

Dr. Chista Safajou, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Poughkeepsie, NY and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from Tabriz University Of Medical Sciences in 1993 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Safajou's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Safajou

3.7

Dr. Safajou?
Dr. Safajou's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Chista Safajou, MD
This was my first and last time seeing this doctor. If you are an overweight woman, DO Not go to her. She did nothing but fat shame me and blame me for the symptoms I was having. She is not competent and could not answer most of my questions. She was agitated and the visit was awful and tense. She made assumptions instead of asking me questions. She has zero bedside manner. She is rude and insensitive. I waited 1.5 hours to see her. Her staff looks afraid of her. I was afraid of her. If considering her services, please do research first. I hadn't done research and wish I had. This was the most awful visit to a medical provider ever in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
Dr. Safajou is wonderful. You know she loves what she does and truly cares about her patients. She delivered my son last week, and made my delivery so special for me and my husband. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
I am a new patient to this practice. The office is very nice with convenient parking and friendly staff. Dr. Safajou is a pleasant and energetic person. I had a difficult pregnancy before. She took time to listen and explained my options. She seems to be results oriented and straight forward. Not your regular doctors' visit!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
Very disappointing visit. This is my first pregnancy and I was looking forward to my first appointment for the baby. Dr Safajous bedside manner was horrible and I left stressed out and with none of my questions answered. She was rude during my exam even though I told her normally I had a hard time with these exams. Not once did she ask me if I had any questions. She wasn’t friendly to my husband either. I will never ever go back to her again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
It's a first time for me to have to wait over an hour to be seen by her. They ask you to undress and you sit in the chair undressed with a thin sheet over yourself to find out Dr. S isn't even in the clinic. She treats her staff very disrespectfully as I have encountered and heard from my friends who are her patients. It was scary to see her wear to masks- one while talking to her staff and then to talk to her patients. Very unprofessional and i have heard from a few to not come to her clinic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
I asked to speak with the nurse before going in. I had a question as to whether or not Dr. Safajou was familiar with the newer non-invasive procedures for fibroid removal as I did not want to spend my time and money to find out that she isn't. The nurse was impatient, rude, interrupted me and actually hung up on me as I was trying to give her the name of the procedure I was looking to have done. The people you work with are a representation of you. Enough said.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
I really like Dr Safajou. She is probably a pretty awesome ob/gyn. However, my experience today made me realize liking a doctor and thinking they are competent is nowhere near good enough. I miscarried last night - the day before my second sonogram. I called this morning very upset to cancel my appt and Dr Safajou insisted I needed to be seen. I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room before finally walking out. I will never go back. I don't expect special treatment, but damn - harsh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
Dr. Safajou is an awesome doctor! I had a ruff pregnancy, and she was there every step of the way, making sure I was comfortable, and understood everything that was going on. Dr. Safajou went above and beyond to make sure I received the best quality of care I’ve ever experienced. One of the biggest things that stuck out was that she stayed the night in the hospital while I was there being induced. She wanted to make sure she was available whenever I needed her. Favorite doctor hands down!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Safajou by another gyno for further tests. She explained the procedures thoroughly and answered all my questions. She was compassionate and unhurried and followed up with a recommendation for a specialist who would ultimately perform my surgery. Dr. Safajou followed up with me throughout the entire experience, asking for reports, records and phone calls to me to check on my recovery. Highly recommend Dr. Safajou; she truly cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
She is very caring and seems to know exactly what fears or apprehensions I have. She is thorough and attentive during scary times on off hours as well. I am so happy I finally found the right doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
I had a baby in December of 2016. I am 43 years old and have been going to one of the large practices here in Dutchess County. It is now August and I have been have bleeding issues since my daughter was born. Long story short, Dr. Safajou, on the 1st visit was thourough, and seemed to even know just from my symptoms, that there was a problem and was able to quickly diagnose me. She has been able to fix what has been going in for 8 months in the course of 2 visits!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
She is friendly and knowledgeable and doesn't rush during the office visit. Very professional and compassionate. The office is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I had a great visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
Dr. Safajou is a very caring and smart doctor. I don’t feel rushed during my visits and she takes time to listen to me and answer my questions. She has great bedside manners and I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
Even though she is a very nice & thorough I am changing my doctor for a few reasons. I never had any issue before she has changed her office to Care Mount Medical. My lab bill was sent to a non-participating lab. I called to question this and was hung up on. I made an appointment because I'm having medical issues, waited almost 3 weeks & my appointment was canceled. Now they want me to wait another 2 weeks almost. Too bad because I really liked her.
Thank you for your comment. FYI, I returned to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?
Dr.Safajou is an amazing doctor. She makes you feel comfortable and answers any and all questions. I love that she has her own practice so one does not need to worry as to who will be on call the day you go into labor. The staff is also just as friendly. I have no complaints and would absolutely recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chista Safajou, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Safajou?

I offer a wide range of comprehensive gynecological and surgical services for women of all ages from adolescents to post menopause. As an independent physician, your medical interest is my first priority. My goal is to provide you with a smart and experienced care, and help you make decisions about your medical care.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Farsi
  • French
  • Turkish

Dr. Safajou accepts

Dr. Safajou accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthKeepers Plus POS
Blue Cross
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Commercial Insurance Company

Dr. Safajou's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Safajou treats Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis more than 99% of her peers

Dr. Safajou treats this condition more than 99% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bacterial Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Dr. Safajou treats Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Safajou treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Safajou treats Atrophic Vaginitis more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Safajou treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Safajou's conditions and procedures:

• Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HIV Screening
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Chista Safajou, MD, FACOG, Poughkeepsie, NY

• Sat: 8:00am - 12:00pm

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Safajou treats patients.