Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 59

Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Chang has extensive experience in Otologic Conditions & Procedures and Sleep Apnea. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center and Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD

Texas Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists, P.A.

7900 Fannin St Ste 1800 Houston, TX 77054 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Chang with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center.

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chang

4.0

Dr. Chang

Our experience was great! He is one of the few talented professionals in his field that is in high demand. My mom has had a great outcome after the first surgery, and that’s why we were back.
Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Like the most recent reviewer, I too had issues with trying to be heard. The concept of communication where someone asks a question and you answer it ... didn't seem to be important somehow. He came very highly recommended to me so I am trying to be patient as he is supposed to be adept at my issue. All that said, I walked away from the appointment feeling not heard or listened to which is frustrating. I spend all my days trying harder than others to communicate effectively, which he should know given what he does, so it was disheartening to have the appt go that way with him. Further commentary on his office staff, not sure if it was covid or what but attempting to schedule took 3 months and so many phone calls (from me not them), filling out my information twice since they "didn't get it the first time." I don't want to push him/them under the bus but I was hoping and expecting a much better experience than this. I hope he reads these reviews and takes them to heart.
Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Office staff is not very competent. They were in a rush the whole time I checked in for the first time. They assigned me a user name with the wrong birth year. They never even checked back with me once I finished the registration process on line. Dr. Chang may be very knowledgeable. Only time will tell. But he would NOT listen to what I said when explaining my situation. I felt like walking out of the examination room. He kept interrupting me, not listening, and was asking me questions so fast, he would not let me finish answering even after 5-6 seconds. I finally told him, "Slow down and LISTEN"! He found something on an MRI that no one, after 5 other neuro/Ents had seen. I'm going to ask for a second opinion as to what it is he saw. He is giving me high doses of magnesium to try to help me with dizziness from sudden hearing loss over a year ago. He is the only doctor who has recommended that. Like I said... only time will tell..
Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang prescribed me meds that hurt me. I was referred to Dr. Change by another associate in his ENT group. On my first visit (which took over a month of lead time to book), I waited an hour to see him. On my second visit I waited 2.5 hours. The third and last visit was a 45 min wait. I was referred to him because of chronic headaches and trailing dizziness. After an initial visit with extensive in office testing, he diagnosed me with a Hypersensitive Brain. He proceeded to prescribe me different meds. He was like lets "try" this to see how it works. Then he stacked a second one in the cocktail to "try". He explained (by reading from his laptop) I needed to continue increasing the dosage at a predetermined amount over time until I hit either max dosage or the point it worked. Shortly after the 3rd dosage increase, I started feeling tight chested and getting short of breath, to the point where it was very difficult to breath. The difficulty breathing peaked for me severa
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Keith – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
I went in with several ear symptoms. He seemed to be in a rush, barely let me speak and sent me to a neurologist even all of my symptoms where in my ear. He didn’t even try. Because I don’t have a hearing loss (which I have read he is good at restoring) he was not interest at all in my case. I personally, would not recommend this doctor in any possible way. He couldn’t have cared less about my ear case. I’ll admit, seems to be a complicated one and he was simply not up for it.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Clear and kind. He explained my condition and my options. Not a whole bunch of "could be or maybes". When I choose surgery he clearly explained the process, healing time, side effects and listened when I had questions. Surgery was exactly how he described. After care has been very good. His office calls to check on me. My hearing is amazing. Almost miss the quiet.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is awesome! I had no worries after my first appt. Explained everything. Surgery was a breeze. He's my ENT Dr. and I recommend him to everyone old and young.
Terry Moore in DeRidder, LA – May 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
The absolute BEST ENT in Houston period! I have had chronic ear problems since I was a child and have seen many many ENTS throughout my life and this man knows what he is doing and I can't say enough great things about him. He is personal and professional and is genuinely concern with the issues that you bring to him.
Cassandra Mcmanus in Alabama – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Dr Chang was very informative and took his time with us- he answered every question we had. We trust him highly recommend him!
C Ballin in Edna, TX – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Diagnosed problem of migraine associated vertigo. Treatment has help tremendously.
  • Long wait times
Mary in Spring, TX – Oct 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang was a very kind doctor. He made me feel so comfortable. I had a Cholestetoma and he removed it. MY hearing has improved. I give you 5 stars. Thank you Dr. Chang
Francia Romero in Cameron, LA – Sep 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?
Amazing, talented, smart, down to earth, not stuck up or conceded, & friendly surgeon
Taha Ahmed in Houston, TX – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chang?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

1995
University Pittsburgh Medical Center
1994
University Of California San Francisco
1990
U C S F Medical Center

What other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists.

Does Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Chang has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Chang frequently treats Otologic Conditions & Procedures and Sleep Apnea. See all practice areas where Dr. Chang specializes.

Where is Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD's office located?

Dr. Chang's office is located at 7900 Fannin St Ste 1800, Houston, TX 77054. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Ching-Yen Chang, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Chang

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Chang treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Chang treats other conditions, please contact the office at (713) 791-9363.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Chang is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Tinnitus
Vertigo
Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
Perforated Eardrum
Normal
High
Very High

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Chang is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Bell's Palsy
  • Big Ears
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cholesteatoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hearing Aid
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Sinusitis
  • Vertigo
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Chang accepts

Dr. Chang accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

Texas Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists, P.A.

Texas ENT Specialists - Medical Center7900 Fannin St Ste 1800 Houston, TX 77054