Dr. Chikwendu C. Nwosu, MD

Dr. Chikwendu C. Nwosu, MD

30 reviews

Internal Medicine | Male | 49 years old

Born in Nigeria, Dr. Nwosu obtained his medical degree from the University of Nigeria -- Nsukka in 1994. He then practiced pediatrics in Gambia until he moved to London, England in 1998, where he met and married his wife and partner in practice, Oyoyo Onuoha, MD. Instead of going on a honeymoon, the pair traveled to Shepparton, Australia on a working holiday, where they practiced as emergency room physicians for a year. In 2003 they moved to New York City, where Dr. Nwosu completed his internal medicine residency at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn. Following his residency, Dr. Nwosu worked in several hospitals and clinics including St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri; Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Arizona; and Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa, Arizona. He is board certified in internal medicine. As a philanthropist, Drs. Nwosu and Onuoha established and continue to fund a primary school -- Stripes International Academy -- in his hometown village of Ihite-Ude Ofeme, Abia state, Nigeria as a way of giving back. With his younger brother, Ugo Nwosu, he also established a transport company to help alleviate the suffering of rural villagers during their commute into Umuahia City. Dr. Nwosu is also involved in his local churches both in the U.S. and in Nigeria. He and Dr. Onuoha have five wonderful children. A compassionate and highly skilled doctor, Dr. Nwosu brings a wealth of experience acquired from working in different countries to Stripes Primary Care, which he co-founded with his wife in 2011.Read more

Existing Patient Phone Number
STRIPES PRIMARY CARE

Good health is often key to living life to the fullest – and having a primary care physician is often the key to good health.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Nwosu's Experience

See how Dr. Nwosu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nwosu

Dr. Nwosu accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Nwosu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Nwosu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nwosu to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Nwosu's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
THE HARDEST THING TO DO IS TO GIVE AN OPINION ON ONE MD. TO ANOTHER MD. THE SECOND HARDEST THING IS TO GIVE A REVIEW WITH UNDER 5 VISITS. HOWEVER IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT AFTER SEEING DR. NWOSU MD, THAT TO ANY PATIENT IT WOULD BE A PRIVLEGE TO BE A PATIENT OF DR. NWOSU. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU SEE A NEW DR. FOR THE FIRST TIME WHEN HE SAYS TO YOU, "I DO NOT CARE WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU FOR 30 YEARS, DO IT "MY WAY". THIS MAN IS NOT ONLY KNOWLEDABLE, BUT IS A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH......OFFICE TOO.
Phoenix, AZ |
I must say I miss Dr. Chris I had to switch doctors due to insurance changes witch was a total bummer and have yet to find anyone like him, When it comes time to renew I will make sure I pick a insurance he is contracted with Dr. Chris is one of a kind and I recommend him to anyone looking for that special doctor!
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Chris is very friendly - good bedside manner. Very knowledgeable and understanding.
in Mesa, AZ |
He showed compassion and was thorough in making sure that he addressed all my concerns
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Nwosu is extremely personable where I am concerned. He really listens to everything I say. He has new ideas in my treatment and with all of this, I will highly recommend him to anyone looking for the type of care he offers. I've seen many doctors over the years & nobody compares!!! I feel very comforted knowing that "Dr. Chris" truely cares??
in Apache Junction AZ |
I would recommend Dr. Chris due to his atentativeness towards me, his politeness and the quickness of time I spent in his office. This was my first appointment with him and he is now my pcp.
in mesa az |
staff great, Dr. Chris takes his time and listens to all or any concerns, really fun to talk to. makes you feel good about and after your visit. DON'T WASTE ANY MORE TIME- GIVE HIM A CALL!!!!!!!!!!!! 480-984-5225.
in Kearny, AZ |
Great manners show he cares about your problems are and wants to help you feel better and get better. Well all ways answer all of my questions.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Chris explains everything to where I can understand it. He answers every question and explains why he is doing anything. Dr. Chris is very knowledgeable. He is very kind an very informative. He treats me like a person not a patient. Dr. Chris is the most caring Doctor I know. I would recommend him to any one. I have recommended him to a lot of people.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Nwosu, in my opinion, is an excellent Doctor. He listens to what I have to say, and always comes up with a solution to the problem I'm having. He's very friendly, kind, and considerate. Also, everyone in his office will make you comfortable to be at his office. I'm lucky that I have such a good Doctor available to me right here in my own area.
in Surprise, AZ |
My mom is 81 years old and since she moved over to the United States a year ago, Dr. Nwosu has been her primary Doctor. The experience would have been much more understood had it been my mom can speak or write English. However, Dr. Nwosu's relationship with his patients goes way beyond professionalism, his kindness towards his patients in my opinion is a natural gift from God and that I think sets him apart from most PCP's we've had before. I will surely recommend Dr. Nwosu to a any one any day
in San Tan Az |
All the the staff were friendly and professional. My first visit there they made me feel welcome and relaxed like I'd been seeing Dr Chris for years. Dr Chris and his assistant were wonderful. They took the time to really listen. I wasn't just a number to them .I highly recommend them to anyone.
in san tan valley, az |
Dr Chris takes his time with you and makes sure you understand not only what he is ordering but why he is ordering it. He puts your mind at ease when you are worried about something and makes sure if it is something that you and him both feel is worrisome, he is more than willing to order the proper testing. He is excellent at making sure things are as affordable as they can be. He understands that certain medications or testing is expensive and tries to work with the insurance and you.
in Apache junction, Arizona |
Worst doctor I have ever had he does not listen to my concerns and is extremely rude to not only myself but my family that helps me to get to my appointments my daughter who has been in the medical field for 25+ years asked to have certain spots on my legs checked out he claimed it was a virus and said he didn't know what it was and ran no tests to even attempt figuring out what it was he treated myself and my family like we were ignorant
Mesa |
Always short doesn't listen. Prescribed only30 day prescriptions so you're forced to pay another co pay every month prior to the refill on the prescription you've been taking for ever. Then sets an appointment that if you miss it, you're charged 25.0. but making you sit in the lobby for better than 45 minutes for the scheduled appointment is acceptable?
Have you seen Dr. Chikwendu C. Nwosu, MD?
Are you Dr. Nwosu?

Dr. Nwosu's Care Philosophy

Dr. Nwosu says...

I am equipped to deal with whatever problem a patient brings -- no matter how common or rare, or how simple or complex. I am specially trained to solve puzzling diagnostic problems and can handle severe chronic illnesses and situations where several different illnesses may strike at the same time. I bring to patients an understanding of wellness (disease prevention and the promotion of health), women's health, substance abuse, mental health, as well as effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system and reproductive organs.

Dr. Nwosu says...

Common Bedside outpatient procedures.

Dr. Nwosu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Nwosu has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nwosu's Board Certifications

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Acid Reflux
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Completed in 2006

University of Nigeria / College of Medicine

Graduated in 1994

• Igbo

Dr. Nwosu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nwosu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Other