Dr. Chhay Tay, MD

Dr. Chhay Tay, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Chhay Tay, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Magnolia, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

6318 FM 1488 Rd Ste 100

Magnolia, TX 77354

• CHAMPVA
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Tay

See how frequently Dr. Tay performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Tay's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Tay's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tay "Dr. Tay has been practicing in the field of endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism since 2004. Dr. Tay enjoys treating various endocrine disorders and helping his patients improve and become healthier. He has obtained ECNU certification by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and has performed numerous neck and thyroid ultrasound as well as ultrasound guided biopsy of thyroid nodules. Dr. Tay was previously an assistant professor of medicine & endocrinology and has done research and had publications appearing in various peer review journals. He has given many lectures at medical conferences in the field of endocrinology & diabetes. Dr. Tay is board certified in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism."

This content was provided by Dr. Tay "Dr. Tay believes in treating diseases or problems early rather than dealing with them later on when more complications arise.  He is conservative with his treatment approach whenever possible and aggressive when it is indicated.  As such, Dr. Tay emphasize lifestyle changes with his diabetic patients but uses medications when necessary in order to control their diabetes. He believes in treating patients the way he wants to be treated himself and makes every effort to listen and address all his patient's concerns."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Metabolic Disorders

Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Tay has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Tay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tay to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Tay's Performance
in The Woodlanda |
I’ve been seeing Dr Tay for a few months. He is a caring doctor. He listens to you. I never have to wait. He’s very efficient.I’ve been having issues with my thyroid. He helped me get back on track. I feel so much better! His staff is very nice. I see Dr Tay in The Woodlands.
Montgomery, TX |
Dr Tay has helped me manage my Type II diabetes for over 6 years. He listens and is a clear communicator. He actively changed my medication several times to get me to a good, long-term diabetes solution. He also changed my diabetes medication to support my cardiac issues. I am very happy with the care I get from Dr Tay and the staff at The Woodlands office.
Humble, TX |
Dr. Tay is thorough in his diagnosis .... willingly considers and answers all question ... is reassuring about progress made toward overcoming health issues.
Spring, TX |
Very kind, patient and excellent "bed side" manner. Highly recommend.
Houston, TX |
Wonderful endocrinologist to work with. Very knowledgeable about the Medtronic pump and supportive on what type of care you wish to have. Always willing to listen and recommend a great course of action for whatever difficulties you may have.
in Montgomery, TX |
Dr. Tay is very kind and takes time with his patients.
in Magnolia, TX |
Dr. Tay is very patient and understanding. He will listen to your issues and celebrate your successes with you. Always willing to help and educate you on what you can do to improve your situation.
in Cypress, TX |
It's hard to find a good endocrinologist and I think Dr. Tay is one of the best. He has treated my thyroid issue for several years and then I lost track of him due to changing practices. After a year, I found him again and I happy that he has a new practice and a very friendly staff.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Tay is a very knowledgeable Doctor in The Woodlands/Magnolia area. I have been checking my thyroid with him for a year now. I appreciate him being on time 100% of the times, taking the time to listen to my concerns and answer any questions I may have and also being honest about his assessments about my health. I recommend Dr. Tay to any patients suffering with a thyroid disorder.
New Caney, TX |
Dr Tay is a very caring endocrinologist. He has managed my diabetes for about 5 years. I trust him to manage my medication. I see him every 2 to 3 months.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Tay is an awesome doctor! He took the time at every visit to walk me thru the process and answered all of my questions and concerns. At one point, I was having some anxiety about starting a new medicine regiment and he personally called me and put my mind at ease. Throughout this medical journey, Dr. Tay provided access to free diabetes/nutritional education as well as providing me positive feedback for my hard work and lifestyle changes. He truly cares about his patients.
in Spring |
Dr. Tay has a professional manner and was great at listening to my concerns. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Humble, TX |
Dr. Tay is very knowledgeable. He also listens and cares for all concerns I might have. He has been the best doctor in controlling my diabetes. I could not recommend him highly enough.
Centerville, TX |
incompetent staff means incompetent doctor dishonest
in Livingston, TX |
Dr. Tay listens and responds to questions and concerns appropriately.
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Tay is very knowledgeable in his field. Very patient and listens to your concerns. After seeing a variety of doctors in Houston and areas of Austin, Texas, I was never able to get my A1C down to the normal range. I was referred to Dr. Tay by a primary care physician. After seeing him for less than 6 months my A1C was under control. I have continued to see Dr. Tay for several years. My A1C is still under control. I would never see any one else.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Tay is very caring, takes time to listen and is very flexible and accommodating with his patients. He's very knowledgeable and experienced in his field. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good endocrinologist.
Conroe, TX |
DO NOT see Dr Tay for thyroid issues. He is obsessed with lab numbers regardless of symptoms despite his assurances to the contrary. I am exponentially worse after a month under his care. He actually told me "all patients are the same - you're no different"., and doubled down on treatment that is making it impossible for me to function or do my job. While his manner is kind, his methods are cruel and mechanical. Very uncaring and unintuitive. Avoid this doctor at all costs.
Have you seen Dr. Chhay Tay, MD?
Are you Dr. Tay?