Dr. Cheung Kwok Tom Leung, MD

Cardiology | Male

Dr. Cheung Kwok Tom Leung, MD
I was a Chemical Engineer before I went into Medicine. I became a Christian in 1975. That changed my life direction. In 1977, I went back to school part time at University of Massachusetts to complete my requirements for Medical School. I was honored to be accepted to Washington University School of Medicine on early decision ( Applying only to one school and get accepted ). I became interested in Cardiology through the mentoring of Dr. Robert Paine. He was a great teacher in EKG and in Clinical cardiology. I was able to apply my Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Engineering background to the study of Clinical Cardiology. I had fun in my Medicine residency, training in a City and County hospital where my hard work and dedication translated to saving life and confidence in clinical decision making. My Cardiology Fellowship training was at Washington University Jewish Hospital which prepared me well for clinical practice. I was certified in both Internal Medicine and Cardiology. i am a Fellow of American College of Cardiology. I was recruited to practice in Gilroy, California and I was exceptionally well received by my colleagues. I practice preventive cardiology, valvular heart diseases, echocardiography, stress testing, pacemaker, defibrillator. I was a pioneer to recommend carvedilol therapy to improve patients with congestive heart failure (1995). In 1998, I recommended bi-venticular pacing for patient with refractory shortness of breath and subsequent to her successful treatment, she walked 3 miles daily! I referred many patients for Mitral Valve Repair instead of Mitral Valve Replacement as early as 1994!! The second patients in Partner Trial for high risk Aortic Stenosis came from my referral. As soon as the Heart Valve was deployed, her mean Aortic gradient dropped from over 50 mmHg to less than 10 mmHg and her ejection fraction went from 30 % to over 50%. To be the best preventive Cardiologist, i studied and was certified in Clinical Lipidology. In 1997, I was the number one prescriber for statin therapy to prevent heart disease in Santa Clara County. I aspire to provide the best and appropriate treatment for my patients as God has given much to me and my family!!

Dr. Leung's Care Philosophy

In my practice, I believe medicine is compassionate, personal, caring and healing. I aim to enrich the lives of my patients daily by making them feel welcome like family, and building trust and security. I aim to build a practice that patients view as excellent and loving, and always provide exceptional care by listening and tailoring to each patients individual needs.

Dr. Leung's Experience

See how Dr. Leung's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Leung

Dr. Leung accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Leung is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Leung has admitting privileges.

Dr. Leung's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leung to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Leung Says:

My staff and I love feed backs from the patients and their family.

I am very available to my patients and my physician colleagues.

Dr. Leung's Performance
    GOOD
in Gilroy, CA |
Dr. Leung has been my physician for many years and I would not want it any other way. His breath and scope of applied medical knowledge exceeds other medical providers in this area. He diagnoses and treats me based on my ever evolving individual health needs and circumstances. His demeanor and follow up are professional, caring, sincere and honest. Due to his extensive networking and on-going continuing education, Dr. Leung provides me with referenced based advice and refers me when appropriate.
in San Jose, CA |
Dr Leung is an experienced and well practiced doctor. I used the equipment and doctor's office for some cardiovascular testing. He was able to report immediately that my heart didn't have any blockage. He brings his knowledge and experience to provide good guidance.
Have you seen Dr. Cheung Kwok Tom Leung, MD?
Are you Dr. Leung?

Compare Dr. Leung

Dr. Leung says...

I was a Chemical Engineer before I went into Medicine.  I became a Christian in 1975.  That changed my life direction.  In 1977, I went back to school part time at University of Massachusetts to complete my requirements for Medical School.  I was honored to be accepted to Washington University School of Medicine on early decision ( Applying only to one school and get accepted ).

I became interested in Cardiology through the mentoring of Dr. Robert Paine.  He was a great teacher in EKG and in Clinical cardiology.  I was able to apply my Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Engineering background to the study of Clinical Cardiology.

I had fun in my Medicine residency, training in a City and County hospital where my hard work and dedication translated to saving life and confidence in clinical decision making.  My Cardiology Fellowship training was at Washington University Jewish Hospital which prepared me well for clinical practice.  I was certified in both Internal Medicine and Cardiology.  i am a Fellow of American College of Cardiology.

I was recruited to practice in Gilroy, California and I was exceptionally well received by my colleagues.  I practice preventive cardiology, valvular heart diseases, echocardiography, stress testing, pacemaker, defibrillator.  I was a pioneer to recommend carvedilol therapy to improve patients with congestive heart failure (1995).  In 1998, I recommended bi-venticular pacing for patient with refractory shortness of breath and subsequent to her successful treatment, she walked 3 miles daily!  I referred many patients for Mitral Valve Repair instead of Mitral Valve Replacement as early as 1994!!  The second patients in Partner Trial for high risk Aortic Stenosis came from my referral.  As soon as the Heart Valve was deployed, her mean Aortic gradient dropped from over 50 mmHg to less than 10 mmHg and her ejection fraction went from 30 % to over 50%.

To be the best preventive Cardiologist, i studied and was certified in Clinical Lipidology.  In 1997, I was the number one prescriber for statin therapy to prevent heart disease in Santa Clara County.

Dr. Leung's Care Philosophy

Dr. Leung says...

I practice full spectrum of cardiology including preventive cardiology, heart failure treatment, valvular heart disease, atrial fibrillation, echocardiography, stress testing, pacemaker, defibrillator treatment.  I make referral for special treatment to top surgeons and sub-specialty cardiologists.

Dr. Leung says...

Expert thinker in stroke and heart attack prevention.

Expert in complex blood pressure and lipid ( cholesterol) treatment

Aortic Valve Disease.

Mitral Valve Disease.

Congestive heart failure.

Pacemaker and defibrillator treatment options and indication.

Complex hypertension.

Atrial fibrillation treatment options and stroke prevention.

Dr. Leung says...

My staff and I love feed backs from the patients and their family.

I am very available to my patients and my physician colleagues.

Dr. Leung's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine

Dr. Leung has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Leung's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Metabolic Syndrome

Completed in 1990

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1974

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Leung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology