Dr. Cheung Kwok Tom Leung, MD

Dr. Cheung Kwok Tom Leung, MD

Cardiology  ·
Dr. Cheung Kwok Tom Leung, MD is a cardiology specialist in Gilroy, CA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Washington Univ Sch of Med in 1984 and specializes in cardiology and internal medicine.Read his story

9360 N Name Uno Ste 110

Gilroy, CA 95020

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Leung

See how frequently Dr. Leung performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hyperlipidemia
Hypertensive Heart Disease
Heart Disease

Dr. Leung's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Leung's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Leung "I was a Chemical Engineer before I went into Medicine. I became a Christian in 1975. That changed my life direction. In 1977, I went back to school part time at University of Massachusetts to complete my requirements for Medical School. I was honored to be accepted to Washington University School of Medicine on early decision ( Applying only to one school and get accepted ). I became interested in Cardiology through the mentoring of Dr. Robert Paine. He was a great teacher in EKG and in Clinical cardiology. I was able to apply my Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Engineering background to the study of Clinical Cardiology. I had fun in my Medicine residency, training in a City and County hospital where my hard work and dedication translated to saving life and confidence in clinical decision making. My Cardiology Fellowship training was at Washington University Jewish Hospital which prepared me well for clinical practice. I was certified in both Internal Medicine and Cardiology. i am a Fellow of American College of Cardiology. I was recruited to practice in Gilroy, California and I was exceptionally well received by my colleagues. I practice preventive cardiology, valvular heart diseases, echocardiography, stress testing, pacemaker, defibrillator. I was a pioneer to recommend carvedilol therapy to improve patients with congestive heart failure (1995). In 1998, I recommended bi-venticular pacing for patient with refractory shortness of breath and subsequent to her successful treatment, she walked 3 miles daily! I referred many patients for Mitral Valve Repair instead of Mitral Valve Replacement as early as 1994!! The second patients in Partner Trial for high risk Aortic Stenosis came from my referral. As soon as the Heart Valve was deployed, her mean Aortic gradient dropped from over 50 mmHg to less than 10 mmHg and her ejection fraction went from 30 % to over 50%. To be the best preventive Cardiologist, i studied and was certified in Clinical Lipidology. In 1997, I was the number one prescriber for statin therapy to prevent heart disease in Santa Clara County. I aspire to provide the best and appropriate treatment for my patients as God has given much to me and my family!!"

This content was provided by Dr. Leung "In my practice, I believe medicine is compassionate, personal, caring and healing. I aim to enrich the lives of my patients daily by making them feel welcome like family, and building trust and security. I aim to build a practice that patients view as excellent and loving, and always provide exceptional care by listening and tailoring to each patients individual needs."

• Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Metabolic Syndrome
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • St Lukes Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Jewish Hosp-Wash U
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Leung has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Leung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leung's Reviews

2.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leung to family and friends

Dr. Leung's Performance

GOOD

Dr. Leung Says:
"

My staff and I love feed backs from the patients and their family.

I am very available to my patients and my physician colleagues.

"

Dr. Leung has been my physician for many years and I would not want it any other way. His breath and scope of applied medical knowledge exceeds other medical providers in this area. He diagnoses and treats me based on my ever evolving individual health needs and circumstances. His demeanor and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Leung is an experienced and well practiced doctor. I used the equipment and doctor's office for some cardiovascular testing. He was able to report immediately that my heart didn't have any blockage. He brings his knowledge and experience to provide good guidance.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0