Family Medicine  |
Dr. Chethana Rao, MD
Dr. Chethana Rao, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Fairfax, VA. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Rao is affiliated with Inova Fair Oaks Hospital.

3903 Fair Ridge Dr Ste 218

Fairfax, VA 22033

• Anthem
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Rao

We believe in providing the best possible care for our patients in a friendly and efficient environment. Our providers are board certified in their specialty and keep up to date with the latest treatments. We have an open door policy with flexible scheduling allowing for same day appointments for urgent issues. We strive to excel and exceed your expectations. We even have Saturday hours to accommodate your busy schedule.

Dr. Rao's Experience

Dr. Rao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Weight Loss

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Bangalore Med Coll
  • Penn State Geisinger Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Ut Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Rao has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Indian
  • Indic
  • Kannada

Dr. Rao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rao to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Rao's Performance
Chantilly, VA |
The positive reviews about Dr. Rao are all true. My wife and I extensively researched local family physicians in the Northern VA area, and Dr. Rao stood out as one of the top rated family doctors. Our experience with her has been exceptional. She is very professional, and an extremely caring and skilled physician. She is very patient-oriented and personalizes her approach based on the patient's needs. We highly recommend Dr. Rao to anyone who is looking for a great family doctor.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Rao and her staff changed my life. I have always been terrified of going to the doctor. Since I started going to Dr. Rao I have a totally different attitude. This is simply a superb medical practice and I am so grateful for their professional and kind attention. I would recommend Dr. Rao to any and all those who are seeking a physician.
Fairfax, VA |
They do care about money not the patience!
Vienna, VA |
I had been looking for a new doctor when someone recommended Dr. Rao and I couldn't be happier now. The office is modern, the staff is friendly and Dr. Rao herself is very kind and patient. You can tell that she loves what she does and putting her patients at ease is a natural result. My husband and I are so glad to have found Dr. Rao as our regular doctor.
in Fairfax, VA |
She is one of the best Family Medicine doctor in this area. I had been to her twice for my physical exam and follow-up. She is quite friendly, soft-spoken, very knowledgeable about her practice and listens to your problems very patiently. She answers all of your question and explains the pros and cons of every thing she explained. At her office there is less waiting and has built in lab so that you don't have to anywhere else for lab work. I have recommended her to my daughter and wife.
in Ashburn, VA |
I met Dr Rao (aptly rhymes with Wow!) after we moved to Fair Oaks in '10. We are still seeing her though we moved. The Fair Oaks office is next to Harris Teeter on Rt 50. Parking is ltd. W/ a chronic complex set of medical issues, I'm picky. She is available, thorough, a good listener & I just like her! She takes her time. Excellent support staff. Gets copies all my lab work from all docs--reviews them, sends copy home. Usually gets you in promptly for a sick visit. Knows ea visit to ER/hospital
Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Rao's office is the only office I've visited where annual physicals are administered by RNs, not the physician in charge. Nurses call with test results and aren't always informed of your health conditions. (When I was pregnant, my T3 level was predictably low, and an RN said I needed hormone treatment.) Dr. Rao's bedside manner is lacking - she told me I don't have anxiety because "I've seen patients with anxiety," though I've taken prescriptions for it. Her email answers are dismissive.
Fairfax, VA |
The most dedicated MD that I have seen. All my ailments were explained to me in great detail and the overall experience at the office was excellent. I have recommended Dr. Rao to all my friends and Family and will strongly recommend to anyone looking for a Doctor.
in Herndon,VA |
Courteous and pleasent per all visits , Very knowledgeable and gives complete and thorough diagnosis's with follow ups as needed.
Alexandria, VA |
I contacted Dr. Rao with an urgent request - I was in the office an hour and a half later. I complained of a tickle in my chest that was producing a cough with mucus. I was 30 weeks pregnant and she told me it was allergies and to take allergy medicine. Fast forward just five days and I'm in urgent care, same symptoms. They run bloodwork, and chest exray and send me to the ER where I'm then admitted overnight with pneumonia-while pregnant! Cost $800! Dr roa and she didn't care.Warning!!!
in South Riding, VA |
5.0 star rating 4/29/2016 First to Review Medical services with Prima Medicine has been excellent. Dr. Rao is a great physician and she leaves no stone unturned when it comes to diagnosing a medical problem. I recommend Dr. Rao hands down. Two thumbs up!!! Tony & Linda Ashby Chantilly, VA.
in Island Park, NY |
After searching for several years to find the right MD, we found Dr. Rao, who is tops! She is a great clinician, takes time to REALLY listen, is easy to talk to, has a great sense of humor, and treats her patients with respect and courtesy. Her approach to treatment is generally conservative with emphasis on prevention. She does not hesitate to refer to a specialist when necessary. Her availability and responsiveness to email is outstanding.
in Herndon, VA |
Feeling cheated. some tests were performed as part of preventive visit, which were clearly marked as not covered on the insurance document which were handed over to the doctor at time of appointment.(and clearly mentioned no such tests to be performed) Waiting on a resolution for past 4 months, hard to get a response of any kind.
Have you seen Dr. Chethana Rao, MD?
Are you Dr. Rao?