Dr. Cheryl Iglesia, MD

Dr. Cheryl Iglesia, MD

Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery  |
Dr. Cheryl Iglesia, MD is an urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery doctor who practices in Rockville, MD. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Iglesia is affiliated with Medstar Washington Hospital Center.

5410 Edson Ln Ste 306

Rockville, MD 20852

Learn about Dr. Iglesia

See how frequently Dr. Iglesia performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Iglesia's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Iglesia "As a specialist in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, my care philosophy is to listen earnestly and work collaboratively with patients to match treatment options, both medical and surgical, with their goals. I deliver the highest quality care and communicate openly and honestly. While I embrace innovation, I also value tradition, especially "tried and true" options with the highest level of evidence."

• Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery

• Fecal Incontinence
  • Fistula
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mullerian Anomalies
  • Pelvic Support Problems
  • Perimenopause
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urethral Diverticulum
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • University Of Florida Health Sciences Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of Florida Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Methodist Hospital Of Indiana University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Iglesia has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iglesia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iglesia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iglesia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iglesia to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Iglesia's Performance
Upper Marlboro, MD |
Even though I found it tough to get an appointment, that told that this doctor is highly sought of. I surely don't want a doctor someone else doesn't want. Dr Iglesia is thorough, kind, smart and I would not want anyone else to care for me. Thank you for your genuine care you have given me, and I will always value you as a physician.
in Potomac |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Iglesia, her practice group, and the MedStar Surgery Center. Dr. Iglesia is kind, compassionate, and a true expert in her field. Her staff could not be kinder. Dr. Iglesia answered all of my questions, as did my OR nurse, anesthesiologist, and even the fellow! I knew I was in good hands with them all. I have tremendous trust in Dr. Iglesia and would recommend her to anyone looking for the best care possible.
in SILVER SPRING |
Very patient orientated. Great ability to put patients at ease with her upbeat personality. Listens to concerns and provides solutions that fit your needs. Skilled with the most current technology including robotic laparoscopy. My surgery and recovery went just as described. I am now 8 weeks out and released from care until my 1 year visit. She felt like a friend and I will miss her.
Arlington |
This doctor officially made me loose faith in local pelvic pain specialists and travel way out of state. Good luck trying to get her to listen to your problem. I had to practically yell over her and even then I barely succeeded. I came in with a picture perfect example of vestibulitis and got sent home and told that everything is looking fine and it is not in fact what I think it is. Took driving 3 hours to another state to get confirmation for all of my suspicions by a qualified doctor.
in Bethesda, MD |
Have never had such a horrible experience simply trying to make an appt. After being hung up on the first time, was treated in such a rude way by the call center employee, Latoya. First time I have ever written a review. It took 2o minutes to get a person, only to be treated with such disrespect. If the office can not make appointments efficiently what does that say about the overall operations.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I had the good fortune to have Dr Iglesias recommended to me by two different Ob Gyn MD's for my urogynecologic repairs . In my research I learned that Dr Iglesia is highly regarded for her surgical expertise and study and research in this field. . Before surgery Dr IGlesia was willing to spend time explaining in great detail the procedure that would best meet my needs. I have recently recovered from my surgery and found Dr iglesia to be not only competent but very caring as well
in Lancaster, SC |
I live in SC. Heard about Dr. Iglesia from my sister that has worked with her in the operating room. My 1st visit was very pleasant, thorough and informative. In consideration of me living out of town my procedure was scheduled right away. The day of the procedure was the best experience I've had in this setting. Everyone was wonderful from walking in the door to walking out. Dr. Iglesia and her staff made me feel very comfortable and secure. The end results was more than I expected.
in Rockville MD |
She is an expert in her field! She is a meticulous surgeon and she truly cares about you, the patient! If you need this kind of evaluation and/or surgery, she is the doctor to see! I couldn't be more satisfied with my surgical outcome and the care I received.
in Hagerstown, MD |
Dr Iglesia is wonderful, friendly doctor that I have think the world of. She spoke frankly to me about my issues and answered my questions in a way that I could understand easily. I had no problem with my surgery and the hospital stay a Medstar Washington Hospital Center was very calming. The staff were patient and kind. The students that I have met with Dr Iglesia have always been knowledgeable and very eager to help in any way they can.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr iglesia is brilliant, effective and caring. She performed successful surgery on me and solved my problems. I continue to see hef and admire her devotion to her patients, training of medical students, interest in new therapies and research. She is a wonderful, competent physician.
in Martinsburg, WV |
Dr. Iglesia offers excellent bedside manners that accompany her expertise in the pelvic floor. She is excellent and well-worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to her office in Rockville, MD.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Iglesia is by far the best in class! She's extremely knowledgeable, the consummate professional, and gives you truth! I highly recommend her! I highly recommend her and you won't be disappointed!
in Potomac, MD |
Stay aware from this doctor!! She talked constantly during the 5 or 10 minutes she was ever saw me and never seemed to listen to my symptoms. She had already decided I needed surgery and I stupidly agreed to go forward. It was a nightmare. I think my surgery was done by her students, not her. I have gone back multiple time complaining of pain and incontinence and she has no answers and just says it sometimes happens after surgery. Wish I had listened to my gut and done more research.
Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Iglesia, MD?
Are you Dr. Iglesia?