Dr. Cheng-Huai Ruan, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Medical Colleagues Of Texas 21700 Kingsland Blvd Ste 201 Katy, TX 77450 Get Directions
Dr. Cheng-Huai Ruan, MD
Hello! I am an Internal Medicine physician that's board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. I did most of my training in New York where I was exposed to a huge variety of cases. Training in the most diverse zip code in the United States (Flushing, NY), I was able to learn not only to treat diseases but to treat patients with their culture, wishes, and ideas in mind. My philosophy has always been to empower people with the knowledge to optimize their health rather than just prescribe medications.

Dr. Ruan's Care Philosophy

A conversation between a doctor and a patient is far more impactful than a quick prescription followed by a pat out on the back out the door

Dr. Ruan's Experience

See how Dr. Ruan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ruan

Dr. Ruan accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Ruan is not currently accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ruan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ruan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ruan to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Ruan Says:

Patient satisfaction surveys are truly important to me.  I am not asking for high ratings. I ask for honest options so that I am able to continue to improve the quality of patient care in my practice.  I welcome criticism as well as credit.  Thank you for sharing!

Dr. Ruan's Performance
in Richmond, TX |
First dr I have been to that took their time in all aspects of the visit. Very thorough health history taken not only your physical history, but all background history of your life. He takes in the whole picture of your life, stress, exercise, family, etc. and thorough testing. Instead of just giving you a prescription, he considers your diet and exercise and focuses on correcting your lifestyle first. I never wait more than a few minutes and everyone in the office is laid back and pleasant.
in Katy, TX |
Very hard working and I like fact he doesn't just work to hand out pills.. he really cares about me and my family ... as long as I live in Texas he'll be my family's doctor ..
Katy, TX |
If you're looking for a caring and empathetic doctor who is willing to listen and do some further research on your illness, then Dr. Ruan is not the doctor for you. He is someone who is good at giving his patient a flu shot!
in Katy, TX |
Dr Ruan is the most caring and knowledgeable Doctors I know. He discusses everything with you and gives his patients informative information regarding your medical situation. Both my husband and I feel very blessed we found Dr Ruan to care fir our health.
Katy, TX |
Always feel rushed and questions seem unimportant and brushed off. Seen for new condition and I was not told what can/will be done if symptoms persist.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Ryan is a very warm and personable doctor. He makes me feel very comfortable, ditto the staff. He listens and I trust his medical expertise.
in Katy, TX |
First met Dr. Ruan when I was hospitalized for high blood pressure-low glucose, he was great in helping me understand my condition and what was causing this issue. I started see him as my primary 1 week later and he has been my primary care physician since. The waiting times for appointments ,because he is so good, are a lengthily. Through his Diabetes Reversal program I have lost almost 90 lbs. and was able to stop all diabetes medicine. Thanks Dr. Ruan
in Katy,tx |
Dr. Ruan gives great medical care and makes the connection to lifestyle. On my first visit we discussed an eating plan that helped my condition. He also posts daily messages on Facebook that I start my day with.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Ruan is a very thorough and caring doctor. What I like most about him is his "new age" thinking! He brings many new and different approaches to treat problems. He listens to what you say and then comes up with a plan of action! I'm also privileged to be able to see his many informative videos which can be very helpful in certain situations. I have been very pleased with my treatment and visits to Dr. Ruan.
Katy, TX |
I started seeing Dr. Ruan after being a patient of Dr. Adams since a young child. At first I was hesitant, but I am very happy I fell into his care. He is the first physician I have seen who is familiar with the job of first responders, which gave me tremendous comfort. He has taken time to teach me about all of my struggles, and provided me with obtainable solutions. I love that he prefers to use food as medicine over handing out prescriptions. Plus, the staff is always friendly.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Ruan is not an authoritarian. He is a teacher. He is a counselor, a coach, and a cheerleader. This attitude is almost more important than knowledge because it is how he transfers that knowledge from his experience to his patients. He is also a good role model in this for others that need to be leaders.
in Katy, TX |
Dr Ruan is a dedicated professional who is genuinely concerned about his patients health. He is willing to explorer all available options to care for his patients. I Highly recommend him.
in Katy, TX |
I have diabetes. Rather than starting me on meds immediately, Dr. Raun asked if I would be willing to make a lifestyle change. He has a good diet plan to recommend and the friendly knowledgeable staff to help you when you have a question or need help. Dr. Ruan also told me he has some recipes for diabetics on the web. I was actually looking for those when I found this website and decided to complete the survey. I highly recommend him as an Internal Medicine or Primary Care Physician.
in Katy, TX |
This was my first appointment with Dr. Ruan and went well. It was for routine review of my lab work that is done every 6 months or so to make sure my meds are during the job.
in Katy, TX |
Initial checkup was very positive experience. Staff were very cordial and professional. Dr, Ruan was very thorough and attentive. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
in New Ulm, TX |
Outstanding and highly skilled doctor. Excellent patient advocate who is genuinely concerned about the overall well being of each of his patients. If you are looking for a pill pusher, look elsewhere.
in Katy, TX |
Excellent caring Doctor. Young and knowledgeable. Takes time and listens to your issues, Prompt and courteous in complying with your requests. Good about explaining why he can't and an alternative. He has a stable and professional staff. He cared for me several times when I was hospitalized over the past year, and I was duly impressed, and very grateful when he agreed to accept me as a patient. The bond between a Doctor and his patient is special, and Dr. Ruan meets all the criteria.
Have you seen Dr. Cheng-Huai Ruan, MD?
Are you Dr. Ruan?

Compare Dr. Ruan

Hello!

I am an Internal Medicine physician that's board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.  I did most of my training in New York where I was exposed to a huge variety of cases.  Training in the most diverse zip code in the United States (Flushing, NY), I was able to learn not only to treat diseases but to treat patients with their culture, wishes, and ideas in mind.  My philosophy has always been to empower people with the knowledge to optimize their health rather than just prescribe medications.

Dr. Ruan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ruan says...

I treat a wide variety of medical diseases.  Being an Internal Medicine physician, we tend to be the front line in the fight against most medical conditions.  If you're really not sure where to start or even if you should go to a physician, come talk to me about your issues or find me on social media for a general concern.

What is unique about me is that I am one of the most outspoken physicians in social media.  You can get to know me on my Facebook by searching "Dr. Cheng Ruan" in your Facebook search.  Be sure to "like" my page at the top left right underneath my banner photo.

You can tweet me at my twitter handle @theruanway

Dr. Ruan says...

Dr. Ruan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Ruan has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ruan's Board Certifications

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Back Injuries
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries
  • Strep Throat
  • Syncope
  • Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Weight Gain

• Other Education
    American Board of Internal Medicine Certified Physician

Completed in 2013

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Ruan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy Treatment
  • Bone Density Scan
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Flu Shot
  • Immunization
  • Insurance Physical Examination
  • Joint Injection
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Physical Examination