Dr. Charmian Cohen, MD

Dr. Charmian Cohen, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

1200 Waters Pl Ste 105 Bronx, NY 10461 Get Directions

Practice of Endocrinology only Diabetes and Thyroid disease

Dr. Charmian Cohen, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Bronx, NY. She has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center.

Dr. Cohen's Experience

See how Dr. Cohen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cohen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Cohen's Performance
in San Francisco, CA |
Having a doctor you can trust is crucial to personal health. Dr. Cohen has always treated me with respect and courteousness, so I know I’m at the right place.
in Bronx, NY |
the care I receive from Dr.Cohen is amazing. she has such a calm manner , you are at ease right away. when I first came to her I was very afraid. Dr. Cohen takes the time to explain things to her patients. I'm so very blessed to have her as my doctor. Theresa Wilson
in Los Angeles, CA |
When I moved to the area, everything I found online suggested that Dr. Cohen was the best around. After two appointments now, I completely understand why!
I was so nervous when I found out that I needed to switch to a new doctor. After only a few appointments with Dr. Cohen I can safely say that I’ll change doctors again.
Dr. Cohen is my favorite doctor ever. She really knows what she’s doing, and it’s easy to talk to her.
in Latham, NY |
My best friend recommended Dr. Cohen to me, and now I know why. I can’t imagine a better doctor.
in Bronx, NY |
I really like Dr Cohen. She professional, courteous and has the latest technology to help the patients needs. I would recommend her to anyone. The waiting time is a bit frustrating but we know she's giving the patent her undivide attention they need!
in New York, NY |
If I have to go to the doctor, I want it to be Dr. Cohen. She’s so much better than the others!
in Boston, MA |
I didn’t have to wait three months for an appointment with Dr. Cohen. I really like not having to wait.
in Bronx, NY |
I love Dr. Cohen! She’s one of the best doctors I’ve ever been to, and I’m glad she’s my doctor.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen’s office is nice and peaceful, and I don’t have to sit and wait for an hour to see her.
in Latham, NY |
I don’t like going to the doctor, but Dr. Cohen is so good that I can almost forget where I am.
in Bronx, NY |
I came to Dr. Cohen about two years ago with an A1C level of approx. 11pts. Over this time, she has been one of the most patience and caring doctors I have. I have health challenges along the way that detoured my focus from my diabetes. Dr. Cohen kept working with me. When the "coverage gap" portion of my insurance threatened my ability to obtain meds, she stepped in and provided me with the insulin I needed. Today, my A1C is 7.1. Dr. Cohen saved my life. The wait is long but worth it!!!
in New Rochelle, NY |
Dr. Cohen seems extremely knowledgeable. The wait is a little long at times, but when you're with her you understand why! She takes time with each patient to listen and explain your condition and treatment options. I would highly recommend her if you're looking for a caring, compassionate and detailed endocrinologist.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Cohen is very experienced in her area of expertise. At each of my visits we discuss treatment of type 2 diabetes. She explain to me her opinions and how best to treat the condition based on current guidelines. She is patient, thorough and spend the time necessary without making me feel rush. The wait at the office can be long at times like many offices. Her staffs are extremely helpful, efficient and friendly.
in Poughquag |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cohen for over 15 years. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, considerate and thorough. I never leave her office with any questions as they all have been addressed while I have been there. I strongly recommend Dr. Cohen to all my associates.
in Bronx, NY |
the best doctor i know! had an emergency and needed to see an endocrinologist right away! other doctors had appt. for 3 months from now called dr.cohen office and had an appt in less than 2 weeks ...... awesome great staff friendly and out going
in Bronx, NY |
I know. Dr. Cohen as an excellent, dedicated physician who gives her patients first priority. She listens and gives her patients full care and attention. I recommend Dr. Cohen and I am fortunate she is my physician. I have every confidence in her care of me and her patients.
in New York, NY |
Best doctor! She is kind and patient. She knows exactly what she is talking about at all times. I feel so comfortable and confident with Dr. Cohen! Thank you for everything
in Mamaroneck |
Dr. Cohen has been a staple in the Bronx community for a very long time. She is well educated and connected in the diabetes world (ie. insulin pumps, CGM). Dr. Cohen surrounds herself with experts in the diabetes space & looks to these experts to help support her patients. Her office is clean, bright, with ample parking. Her recent change in office staff was another positive move in her effort to continue making her patients comfortable. If you live in or work in the Bronx, go see Dr. Cohen!
in Bronx , NY |
Courteous and helpful staff. Very positive experience with Dr Cohen. She addressed all my questions and concerns. Extremely bright and made me feel very comfortable.
Bronx, NY |
Dr Cohen is very professional and knowledgeable. She spends time with her patients, and doesn't rush the exam. As one of the few Endocrinologists in private practice left in the Bronx, that means the wait times can sometimes be longer, but it's worth it to me. This is medicine, not fast food!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr Cohen is an amazing doctor. She is excellent at what she does. She is kind, thorough and makes you feel comfortable. Her new staff is pleasant and very professional
White Plains, NY |
I like Dr. Cohen as my physician. She makes me comfortable and answers all my questions. I feel like she is addressing all my concerns rightly.
in Elmont, NY |
I was very impressed with Dr Cohen's expertise and knowledge. She was very thorough and answered all my questions and concerns. She didn't rush the exam and I felt she was genuinely concerned with my wellbeing. I would definitely recommend Dr Cohen to others.
Port Chester, NY |
Dr. Cohen is someone I can trust. I always feel she takes time to make me understand what's going on with my issues.
New York, NY |
Dr Cohen is the worst doctor I had see in my life . she is rude and have a attitude . She doesn't have a privacy for her patient, She go outside and front everyone to call her staff at front about patients problem. Her staff are the worst . You have yo wait for hours to the doctor. I hate this place
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Cohen is excellent. However, the office staff does not answer the phone, and the voicemail is not turned on. A patient cannot reach Dr. Cohen if there is a question or emergency. Terrible office staff. They book multiple appointments at the same time.
Have you seen Dr. Charmian Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

Compare Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen's Care Philosophy

Practice of Endocrinology only Diabetes and Thyroid disease

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cohen's Board Certifications

Albert Einstein College Med

Completed in 1986

• Other Education
    M.R.C.P(.U.K)

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism