Dr. Charlie Bridges, MD
Dr. Charlie Bridges, MD is a Urology Specialist in Independence, LA and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Bridges has extensive experience in Urinary Conditions and Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures. He graduated from University of Mississippi School of Medicine in 1978. He is affiliated with medical facilities Lallie Kemp Medical Center and Our Lady Of The Lake Regional Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.
Lallie Kemp Regional Medical Center52579 Highway 51 S Independence, LA 70443
Dr. Bridges is a Healthgrades Choice provider in Urology
The Healthgrades Choice designation helps you understand the most important factors to consider when choosing a healthcare professional. This designation is earned based on four set standards.
Read our methodology
- Above average experience
- Good hospital quality
- Good patient ratings
- No healthcare sanctions
- Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. • See reviews
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Hospital SatisfactionPatients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. • See hospitals
Save money with free prescription discounts
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Bridges
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Bridges treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Bridges treats other conditions, please contact the office at (985) 878-9421.
Compare with other Urinary Conditions specialists.
Dr. Bridges is experienced in the area of Urinary Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures
Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures
Male genitalia disorders include erectile dysfunction, priapism, peyronie's disease, and balanitis and can cause pain, loss of sexual function, or infertility.Compare with other Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures specialists.
Dr. Bridges is experienced in the area of Male Reproductive Disorders & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 25 conditions and procedures
Urinary Calculi & Removal
Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.Compare with other Urinary Calculi & Removal specialists.
Dr. Bridges is experienced in the area of Urinary Calculi & Removal. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Bridges' experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Bridges' conditions and procedures:
- Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
- Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage
- Atrophic Vaginitis
- Bacteriuria Screening
- Bladder Atony
- Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Diverticulum
- Bladder Exstrophy Repair
- Bladder Function Test
- Bladder Infection
- Bladder Scan
- Bladder Stones
- Bladder Surgery
- Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Chlamydia Infection Screening
- Chronic Kidney Diseases
- Chronic Prostatitis
- Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
- Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
- Destruction of Penile Lesion
- Dipstick Urinalysis
- Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
- End-Stage Renal Disease
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
- Gonorrhea Infections
- Gonorrhea Screening
- Herpes Simplex Screening
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- HIV Screening
- Incontinence Sling Procedure
- Kidney and Ureter Removal
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Infection
- Kidney Infection, Acute
- Kidney Infection, Chronic
- Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
- Kidney Stones
- Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
- Male Infertility
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
- Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
- Overactive Bladder
- Painful Urination (Dysuria)
- Penile Cancer
- Peyronie's Disease
- Prostate Biopsy
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)
- Prostate Cyst
- Prostate Removal
- Prostate Stones
- Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
- Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
- STD Screening
- Syphilis Infections
- Syphilis Screening
- Testicular Atrophy
- Testicular Cancer
- Testicular Dysfunction
- Trichomoniasis Screening
- TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
- Undescended Testicles
- Ureteral Stones
- Urethral Stricture
- Urinary Hesitancy
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
- Urinary Stones
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
- Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
- Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
- Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Wound Repair
- Yeast Infections
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Bridges accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Bridges accepts the following insurance:
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Worker's Compensation
- Worker's Compensation WC
Your trust is our top concern.
We strive to keep the reviews trustworthy, honest & fair.
We monitor all reviews to ensure they comply with our guidelines and don’t include personal information, profanity, libel, defamation, harassment, obscenity or fraud.
All reviews are confirmed and audited before publication, and community members have the ability to flag inappropriate content for further review by our team.
Doctors can not pay for good reviews, nor can they pay to have negative reviews removed.
Any reviews that are deemed fraudulent or violate our guidelines will be removed immediately.