Dr. Charles Welly, DO

Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy •  Male • Age 66

Dr. Welly

Charles W Welly DO

203 S Candy Ln Ste 3b Cottonwood, AZ 86326

Dr. Charles Welly, DO is a Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy Specialist in Cottonwood, AZ. He is affiliated with Verde Valley Medical Center. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Welly to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy Specialists in your area

• Good Patient Care
    Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Welly treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Welly's conditions and procedures:

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cryosurgery
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Torticollis

Dr. Welly accepts

Dr. Welly accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Welly's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Welly

2.4

Dr. Welly?
I had need to have my tonsils taken out since I was sixteen and I was to scared too. As I got older starred working at a daycare and become to get sick my often, Nathan had explained it was due to my tonsils. He referred me and my so. Cause he needs his removed too, to ENT and he was able to get it all done in a timely matter and talked to ENT to see if they would schedule my son and I on the same day due to my son being young and scared. He made it possible and We both got our tonsils out and have not had any issues since.
Aug 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
Disappointing. Office staff were very unfriendly. One of them, Christy, even lied to me about another staff member who apparently quit the day before. Christy told me that staff member would be back the next day, and that other person was who I needed to talk to. Doctor was extremely condescending and snarky. They made me schedule 2 appointments for the same thing. First appointment did not resolve the paperwork issue (not even a medical issue, just a referral), so they me schedule a 2nd appointment to get the paperwork. Just to pick up paperwork? No, it was so that they could bill insurance for another visit. Terrible. I do not recommend you use this pseudo-professional. Oh, and NO ONE was wearing masks. !!!
M. – Jul 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
I do not recommend you visit this person. These are not medical professionals. It is July - this pandemic has been raging for months across our nation and the office staff and doctor himself are not even wearing masks. Terrible!! Totally disrespectful of their patients.
W. Schlom – Jul 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
Pretty awful experience. The staff are completely useless and at times, downright mean. They told me to talk to the "M.A." but she wasn't in that day. Turns out, she had quit and they just never explained that to me. So meanwhile, I'm waiting to talk to this mysterious "M.A." Glad I had the initiative to continue to call them. But every staff member I talked to gave me a different story about my record and what I needed to do next. They all seem confused. Not what I want in my medical care!
Alliana Aesop – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
What an obstinate man! Despite my repeated explaining my husband's situation to him, he completely disregarded my input and proceeded to refer my husband to a practitioner who is NOT who we need to see. I felt like he just wouldn't listen to me. He even laughed at one of my concerns. Now, I'm not a young woman by any means, but I can understand where the young ladies get upset when men speak like this to us. Totally disrespectful and frankly, disappointing that after being with his office for a number of years, he just took us to task like that.
Stella T. – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
I went here to support my mother who had told me she was having trouble with this doctor. I was shocked at how he talked to her. He was curt and disrespectful, and honestly, showed signs of emotional instability. I wasn't much impressed with the office staff, either. Mother won't be returning to this doctor, even if we have to pay more for someone who is out of network.
Tom – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
My experience sucked. It is July during a pandemic, and NO ONE wears a mask in this office? I would have never suspected. I won't return.
Lilianna – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
We found Welly to be totally arrogant, abrasive, and uninformed. He was dismissive of my husband's concerns, rather than supportive as we struggle to understand my diagnosis and what it means for us. We will no longer subject ourselves to him. He is discourteous, and life is too short to waste time on medicals persons like him.
Alma – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. Do not bother. Office staff is totally unfriendly, even hostile, on the phone. Doctor dismisses the recommendations of other medical professionals, even going so far as to tell me to stop the meds I was on, that work, to take new ones that he prescribed. They keep making me come back for appointments but nothing happens. Why do they do that?
Boby – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
AWFUL. Would not give a referral, when I asked for it. 3 weeks later, phone calls, "where is my referral" and am I told to come back for another appointment to get a referral. Huh? This is simply so that they can bill my insurance for another visit. INSURANCE FRAUD. Plus, Welly Sr is totally incompetent and old and has no sensitivity.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sal – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
So Listen - I've seen Dr. Charles Welly AND Nathan(son:PA) for 5 years. I'm a chronic pain patient and from 2 auto accidents in 96' and 99'. I lived in N. Mi. and this is where I received my Doctors help for 15 years until I moved to Arizona in 2014 and found the Welly's. For the 1st year I really had no problem with their care and I had appreciated how they were helping me. They allowed to proceed with my Narcotic needs as I had provided them with past records which were obvious with my conditions. Granted this: I had trashed my neck and the only way to prove this was with a DMX ; Digital Motion Xray. I Finally found a D.O. in the area that specialized in this. Dr. Bruce Lee. Yea is that a trip? LOL. Anyways, he showed what was wrong with me, and these doctors were clueless, I mean it , they had no Idea. If you want to Know More; email me, I'll fill you in. YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Wayne Murdoch – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
My young sister recently visited. No masks on the doctor or staff. In the midst of a pandemic where particles are airborne, I was amazed and told her to switch to my doctor.
Nancy – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
My husband was needing a new primary care doctor since his moved out of the area. He has some hearing loss so I've attended almost every appt. I'm very impressed with Dr. Welly's approach and we never feel rushed. He's a great listener and is open to alternative choices, not one size fits all. We highly recommend him.
Donna Kole – May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
This HORRIBLE doctors office decided that it would be totally appropriate to tell me that I had a life threatening disease OVER THE PHONE. They didn't ask where I was, they didn't ask if I was distracted or driving they just called and told me that I had a life threatening disease over the phone like it was no big deal and then asked when I would like to come in. Coincidentally, I was driving and had to pull over to sob on the side of the highway after this terrifying diagnosis that I am still shocked was allowed to be given to me over the phone.
Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
My husband and myself were patients with this practice for4-5 years. I must say that Nathan is very personable, Dr Welly, not so much. My husband was having severe lower back pain, went to see Dr Welly (our PCP) who prescribed PT. Well, my husband could barely walk let alone get to PT. I then took him to the ER. They took x-ray and diagnosed degenerative disc disease. Referred to doc in Flag. No way could he tolerate a car ride that long. Back to E R, by ambulance. Diagnosed with some sort of fracture of a disk. Nothing done to help . Then a short time after, he was unable to get up and soiled his chair. Called ambulance again, they had to pick him up to get him on stretcher. Lots more tests, admitted. 3 days later sent to rehab. About 1 week later Dr Welly gave him diagnosis, stage IV lung cancer. How he saw it was in his lungs I don't know. I don't think they looked there, his pain was in his low back. We asked Dr Welly how long he had, 2 weeks. He was not wrong.
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
The most incompetent Dr. I have ever seen. He says I must come in every 6 moths to refill my medication >I am in good health just a few medications they said he changed it from coming in 1 year to 6 months he just want to take peoples money I spoke with him the last time i seen his and he told me its a year now says every 6 month I have been lied too by this doctor BEWARE!!!!!
kenny k – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
Connected with Northern AZ Hospice. He did not help me and my husband at all during a time when my husband was dying. His comment, when I sought consolation and help, was that my husband was dying faster than he thought. How insensitive! How uncaring! He collected his money, however.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Jan 05, 2020
Major disappointment.
Camp Verde, AZ – Jun 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?
Dr welly and his son Nathan welly have been two of the best doctors i have ever knew , And they took great care of my mom in her last few years, She had Alzheimer, and back pain. So if you live in the valley these two docs are great.
Pearl Cooper in Casa Grande , Az – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Welly, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Welly?

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy