Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Charles Waisbren, MD
1) I run an independent, traditional medical practice. Hence I don't work in a big clinic with large waiting rooms, ever changing staff or a huge billing department. I don't utilize physician assistants or nurse practitioners and because I am independent, I can refer to the best specialists and the best hospitals.

201 N Mayfair Rd Ste 510

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Principal Life
  • Universal American

Learn about Dr. Waisbren

I provide old school service with cutting edge medical attention.  I care about my patients, respond to their needs, answer their questions and get them well.  I focus on my patients as individuals; not a collection of symptoms.  I handle everything from preventive medicine to treatment of acute and chronic conditions.  I offer same day or next day appointments with on line scheduling and little or no wait times.  I know that my patients are busy and that is why I have built my practice designed to  run efficiently.  My office is in a "state of the art" building with ample parking, full office laboratory, on location radiology, CT and MRI services, an on location physical therapy department and a full service pharmacy.  Patients are able to "private message me" on Facebook and read my tri-weekly posts there as well.  It indeed is service like it used to be; medical care how it ought to be.  Patient oriented; physician guided.

Dr. Waisbren's Experience

Dr. Waisbren's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• Physical Examination
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Weill Cornell Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Montefiore Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Montefiore Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Waisbren has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Waisbren does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Waisbren and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Waisbren's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Waisbren to family and friends
Dr. Waisbren Says:

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Paul Sandvick  5 stars:  I would go to no one else! Caring, kind, understanding plus a sense of humor and always there when I need him! He's the best!

Carol Rubin  5 star:  Dr. Waisbren is my top choice in getting medical advice across a wide spectrum of issues. He is undeniably one of the most intelligent, intuitive, and diligent

...

Dr. Waisbren's Performance
new berlin, wi |
He's okay! I just wish I could find a doctor that wouldn't tell me I don't have something when it's been diagnosed already. I.e. My migraine headaches I've had for 20 years.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Great experience. Really smart.
in Port Washington, WI |
Dr. Waisbren leaves me with the confidence of knowing I am getting the right care - and best care.
in Milwaukee |
Straight forward; good bedside matter; felt very comfortable explaining my health needs...
in Milwaukee, WI |
Very pleasant; funny but also a great diagnostician. Never any waiting; awesome staff! Same day appointments...
in Milwaukee, WI |
Caring, smart, never any wait time in the office; handles all my concerns..
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Waisbren is wonderful. He is thorough, thoughtful and caring. He is always available through private messaging in Facebook and I can always get a same day appointment to see him.. He is the greatest!
in Milwaukee wi |
Fantastic experience ....Dr was a great listener.
in New York, NY |
Shocked by how little wait time there was! Seeing Dr. Waisbren was a great experience all around. It's clear he truly cares about patient care.
in milwaukee, Wisconsin |
Dr. Waisbren is terrific. Not only does he provide great care, but he does so in both a respectful and fun manner. Quality superb.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Waisbren was kind, thoughtful and efficient. He made me feel comfortable in his office and listened patiently to all my concerns. His diagnostic skills were remarkable. I recommend him highly.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ |
May be a good doctor for someone who likes to be in and out but the appointment was very rushed. Also, I had blood results taken and received no call on them. I understand if the results were normal but I felt horrible and went to a different doctor to have them retested. Sure enough the results showed I needed my medicine adjusted and I feel much better now.
in Milwaukee, WI |
During my first visit, I had to ask him to repeat himself after he mumbled something, and he responded/repeated by shouting out easily loud enough that if there were other patients in adjacent rooms, they would have heard it clearly. At the end of the visit, got a heavy heavy push to hand him my phone so I could like him on Facebook. had to say no three times. Was told I would be contacted about blood test results, never was. Called myself, was told I'd be called back same-day, no callback.
in Wauwatosa, WI |
Have seen Dr. Waisbren for many years and he looks after me, scheduling for when he thinks I need to been seen. He is a people person and very personable as well as being very knowledgeable. I will keep seeing him as long as I can.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I've been a satisfied patient of Dr. Waisbren's for over 15 years. What I like most about my visits to his office is he tells it like it is. He's genuinely concerned with your health and well-being. I've never been to a better doctor in being able to diagnose a health issue so quickly and right on the money. I feel fortunate to have him in my health care corner. Plus, his staff is knowledgeable and friendly too. I'd highly recommend Dr. Waisbren to anyone who's in need of a family doctor.
in Milwaukee, WI |
We have been patients of Dr. Waisbren for over 20 years. We continued to see Dr. Waisbren because we have complete confidence in his knowlege and care for us. He keeps up with the latest in medicines and he is thorough. He is a no nonsense doctor, he is a very compassionate doctor, he truly cares for you and sees you as a real person not just a number. I wish everyone I knew would go to him. He really is the best.
in Cudahy, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has been my primary physician for well over 20 years now, and he has always been pro-active when I developed any illness or symptoms...often providing me with free samples of new(er) medications that I could not afford or have access thru my own health insurance company. He always cuts to the hard-truth on current issues & does NOT get too technical for a person to understand. His staff is equally efficient & kind/engaging when it comes to performing preventative tests & lab work.
in Hubertus, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Waisbren for the last 20 years. I will tell you a short story about Dr.Waisbren that shows what a great Doctor he is. I was a over the road truck driver for many years, i made a appt. to see Dr. Waisbren. I told him that at night when i went to bed that my body would sleep but my mind kept wondering? I ask him if i could get some pills to help me sleep and Dr.Waisbren said to me "drink warm milk before bed" no quick pills, just good advice from him.Truly old school!
in Wauwatosa, WI |
I began seeing Dr. Waisbren years ago at the recommendation of a friend. At every visit I've found him to be caring and thorough. When I need his him, he's available and always spot on in his diagnosis. He's a straight shooter and has helped me get through some tough situations. Good doctor, nice man, great staff; what I'm looking in primary care.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Waisbren for close to 20 years. He is personable and you can tell he really cares about his patients. He has given me excellent advice. And perhaps most important to me, he is easily accessible. If I am having trouble with my asthma I can call him in the morning and almost always get in to see him that day. That's pretty rare in this day and age.
in Wauwatosa, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has been my primary care physician for about 30 years. I have been very happy with his level of care throughout. Also, since he is independent and has his own insurance billing person on staff, it makes it much easier to deal with inevitable billing issues with insurance companies that arise.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Waisbren's for over 25 years and I could not be more satisfied. He is a fantastic clinician! Dr. Waisbren is kind and thoughtful and he has the unique ability to communicate in a manner that is clear, accurate and respectful. I never leave his office wondering what is going on with my body. He has a great bedside manner. There is no question that I am healthier today because of the great care I receive from Dr. Waisbren and his wonderful staff!
in Milwaukee, WI |
My Dad recommended Dr. Waisbren to me when I was unhappy with the physician I had at the time. It was a great recommendation. He is a doctor that listens to you and fixes your problems. I highly recommend using his services.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I recommend Dr. Waisbren highly. My husband and I have been going to him for years. I am so glad we found him, because he is knowledgeable, thorough, and can diagnose the information given to him. If any follow-up is needed he let's us know. He is efficient, very professional with a sense of humor when needed. We trust him! If needed, he has given references to specialists, that are also trustworthy. His staff are excellent and courteous. Thank you, Dr. Waisbren, YOU are the Best.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I"ve been a patient of Dr. Waisbren for about 30 years and am very happy to have him as my MD. His easygoing and friendly manner make me feel very comfortable with him. He takes time to explain and answer any questions. His office staff is also very friendly, courteous and efficient and willing to help any way they can. Wait times are minimal and I've always been able to get a same day appt. for anything urgent. I hope to continue my relationship with Dr. Waisbren for many more years.
in Burlington, WI |
How do you recommend a Doctor who is friendly, intelligent, and can tell you in minutes what is ailing you. Believe me with some of my health issues Doctor Waisbren has been amazing in being able to tell me what's wrong. Why would anyone not want him for a Doctor when having him is having the BEST!!
in New Berlin, WI |
Dr. Waisbren focuses on your care and well being during the entire visit. He listens very well and has an immediate grasp on what course of action you may need to take. His concern for his patients shows, with his follow up care and documentation. He does this medical conversation with his very own special personal care and conversation.
in Mukwonago, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has been my MD for over 20 years. He has always diagnosed me with accuracy and provided appropriate remedies. If a specialist was needed he provided excellent referrals. Gaining access to doctor on short term notice is always accommodated by office staff.
in Burlington, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has been my family’s primary physician for over 25. Yours. He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough and compassionate. Besides that, he is happy to see you when you visit! We have been through a few medical situations and Dr. Waisbren is prepared and has done his research to handle your particular problem, we will not be going anywhere else. Thank you Dr. Waisbren
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have great trust in Dr. Waisbren as well as his entire staff and medical support team. I have been a patient of Dr Waisbren's for many years and he has successfully corrected and managed my health concerns. I find it very comforting to know that Dr Waisbren is caring for me. It is a great thing to be able to say I love my doctor.
in Cudahy, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has the ability to listen to my concerns and answer my questions regarding my health. He knows when to refer me out to specialists as needed. He is efficient and caring at the same time. Dr. Waisbren has been my physician for about 30 years!!
in Brookfield, WI |
I have been with Dr. Waisbren for over twenty years and remember the first thing he said to me. "Don't you want to live to be over 50 ?" Since then he has taken excellent care of me including getting an appointment right away for an emergency situation. His staff is on top of everything and he is friendly , funny ,caring and informative. I wouldn't even think of changing doctors to take care of my health. He has also referred me to the best doctors for specialty problems. A big thumbs up.
in Cleveland, Texas |
I haven't had a primary dr. until I was 65 and received my first annual physical. I'm now 78 and recently moved to another state but like and trust Dr. Waisbren so much I will fly to Wis. to keep my appointments when needed. He cares about his patients and has kept me healthy. Thank you Dr. Waisbren; I highly recommend you to anyone who needs a doctor's care.
in Elm Grove, WI |
Dr Waisbren has been keeping me and my wife healthy for many years. He is a true professional and has literally saved my life with accurate timely diagnosis of potentially life threatening health issues. We both recommend him without reservation.
in Franklin, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Waisbren for many years and have received excellent care and service. Dr. Waisbren has a thorough understanding and knowledge and able to diagnose my problems with my health. He is a very caring physician and easy to talk about medical issues and takes the time to provide me guidance and comfort. If Dr. Waisbren can't figure out the medical issue he will provide me with another specialist's name who he would recommend for follow up.
in Greenfield, WI |
I can't tell you how long I have been seeing Dr. W but it has been a long time. It has been a bit of a hassle at times because of changing insurance at least once a year when I still worked. I love the way I get along with Dr. W because he feels more of a friend than just a Dr.. My health has not always been the best do to genetics and accidents but Dr. W always knows who to send me to when I need a specialist or can quickly tell me what to do for the regular stuff and his staff is greatest.
in Brookfield, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has been my doctor for over 30 years. He provides great care, is easy to talk to, answers every question thoroughly, and if there is a problem, he makes every effort to get to the root of it. I highly recommend Dr. Waisbren as an outstanding, caring physician.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Waisbren is a no nonsense doctor who takes extra concern for his patients. He will find time to get you in when a need arises. He also knows the best specialists and when to refer you to them. I am very happy with his thoroughness and professionalism.
in Brookfield, WI |
Dr Waisbren has been my primary care physician for over 20 years. Our relationship over the years has grown and contributed to my overall good health today (79 yrs old). The office and nursing staff have been most professional and always accommodating. I recommend him without reservation and he practices as he describes in his philosophy statement !
in Racine, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Charles Waisbren for over 25 years. He and his staff are friendly and thorough. He is always straight with me and tells it like it is, even if it's something I don't want to hear. Extremely knowledgeable and a good doctor.
in Waukesha, WI |
I have been with Dr. Waisbren for 30 years. Would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone seeking a new doctor.
in Milwaukee |
I would strongly recommend Dr. Waisbren. He is a very concerned doctor with a good sense of humor. He has treated me for many illnesses and injuries over the years. He has always been spot on with his diagnosis and treatments.
in Franklin, WI 53132 |
Dr. Waisbren has been my primary care physician for approximately 35 years. I could not be more pleased with his manner and the quality of care that he has provided to me and my family. Importantly to me, he has always taken the time to listen to and to discuss issues with me. His network of specialists is extraordinary.
in Milwaukee, WI |
This guy's great ... Gives you the personal attention you need, and that you want from your doc. I look forward to my appointments ....
in Hales Corners, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Waisbren's for over 25 years and I truly appreciate his straightforward approach and professionalism. I would not hesitate to refer a family member or a friend to Dr. Waisbren.
in Fox Point, WI |
I highly recommend Dr. Waisbren as your new physician. He took me on as a new patient when I was looking for someone who understood my struggles with Lyme Disease. He is the first doctor that was able to help me quit smoking and it took!!! Not a puff in 8 months. He is helping me face my health head on and is great at working with you. He doesn't just tell you what to do but works with you and explains everything in a way you can understand. If you are looking for a new doctor look no further!
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Waisbren has been my Dr. for over 30 years. He is a wise and caring Dr. Over the years he has kept a close watch on my high cholesterol and because I have a family history of diabetes and colon cancer tests are ordered regularly. If a specialist is needed he will recommend the best. My husband passed away a year ago at age 94. He was also a patient of Dr. Waisbren. He outlived all his siblings and friends and always credited "The Doc" for his long life
in Oak Creek, WI |
Dr Waisbren has been my doctor for over 25 years. He is very easy to talk with and shows genuine interest. I have extreme confidence in his care and would recommend him very highly.
in Mequon, WI |
Over many years (25+), I have found Dr. Waisbren to be one of the finest diagnosticians I have encountered. He is very bright, intelligent, knowledgeable and compassionate. He listens first and I have never felt rushed. He is friendly but also professional offering clear and concise answers to questions and courses of treatment and/or action. I would highly recommend him.
in Thiensville, WI |
I highly recommend Dr. Waisbren as a primary care physician. He is understanding; sympathetic knowledgeable; and thorough. He is my wife's and son's primary Doc as well and they agree with my assessment of Dr. Waisbren, who has been my primary Doc for over 25 years. I have had no difficulty scheduling appointments and have been able to see him for issues on very short notice. I am regularly amazed at his facility in analyzing problems and addressing them quickly.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Waisbren, MD?
Are you Dr. Waisbren?