Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Charles Toman, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boca Raton, FL and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine medical school in 2003. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Boca Raton Regional Hospital and Broward Health North. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Toman Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, PA

1786 NW 2nd Ave Boca Raton, FL 33432 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Toman with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Toman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Toman

4.4

Dr. Toman

Totally satisfied
One of the most caring friendly knowledgeable surgeons I’ve ever met in my life I went in because I had knee pain in both knees did a full exam and found both knees need to be replaced did the Right knee on March 15 .My surgery went off without a hitch and I am pain-free and walking better than I ever have before. I am scheduling my left knee for sometime in June but I hope to go back to work full-time as I am a truck driver of 50 years. Dr Toman has been a godsend and I will recommend him to everybody I know.
Dr Toman a straight A guy all the way! – May 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I tore my medial meniscus in my right knee. The pain was unbearable! I made an appointment with Dr. Toman. He was very thorough with me, X-ray, evaluations, went and got an MRI, explained all my options. Had successful surgery, could not have gone any better! Total professional! All the staff were great too! We are very lucky to have him down here in South Florida! If you're suffering in orthopedic pain, Dr. Toman is the Best!
Gregory McElheran – Feb 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
No. If you want your knee or your life ruined, use Dr. Toman.
Nov 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Dr. Toman welcomed me into his practice when I presented as a patient needing emergency surgery for a fractured broken arm. He balanced compassionate reassurance with the professionalism of a skilled surgeon. I am happy to say that my arm healed beautifully and I am able to fully use my right arm.
Oct 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Requiring emergency surgery for a broken hip, I was exceptionally fortunate to receive hip replacement surgery performed by a top orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Charles V. Toman. Within 2 weeks I was able to walk with a walker and with a cane in less than 6 weeks. Neither were required after 2 months. His communication and explanations were thorough and extremely informative - including personally notifying my family with status reports. His positivity and skill helped me get back to normal in record time. In addition to superior care from Dr. Toman, his Physical Therapy Department is phenomenal. They are unsurpassed in strategic technique and encouragement. I would highly recommend Dr. Toman and his Physical Therapy Department.
May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Dr. Toman does like to jump right to surgery before accommodating less costly options as is suggested by a number of the earlier reviews. Some members of his Billing staff are disrespectful and rude and are a major turnoff from that office
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Being employed in the healthcare industry, it’s easy for me to be hypercritical about all aspects of my care. My recent experience with Dr. Toman and his staff, both in the office and the operating room, is nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL. From the moment Dr. Toman was aware of my accident, he has gone above and beyond to ensure I received top quality care which is a standard for all his patient care.. He took time to explain the diagnosis and treatment options. He was conservative with the treatment plan and didn’t push surgery as a first option. Unfortunately, surgery was the direction I headed. I’m grateful to have had an uneventful and successful surgery with minimal post-op pain. Dr. Toman is very knowledgeable, professional, kind, patient and he truly cares…. Just to name a few of his great qualities. Without a doubt, I would highly recommend Dr. Toman to anyone requiring orthopedic surgery.
K. Deeb – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I had right shoulder surgery almost 5 years ago. No issues. Quick recovery. Went to his office last week for my left shoulder. No wait- very Covid-cautious and very friendly staff. 2-shots in arm and left shoulder, now I can sleep again. Thanks Doc!
Joel Dickstein – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I've waited a few months to post this, to make sure my second opinion was accurate. This is from May 2020. Preview - Dr Toman likes to go right into surgery. I had a spill off my bike. First, urgent care said my arm was broken (it wasn't, but it was why I went to Dr Toman). His diagnosis was my tricep tendon was torn. Gave me 3 options, but made the surgery seem like the only option viable and that others would leave me with big issues going forward. After hearing what my share would be from the insurance, I decided to get a second opinion. Diagnosis was accurate that tricep tendon was torn, but very slightly. Didn't affect my movement or strength. Second opinion, Dr Gelb, said he didn't want to put me through immobilizing my arm for 8 weeks, especially since I didn't need surgery. He said less than 5% chance that it would affect me in the future. He even said that if I wanted to do the surgery, he would refuse; that's how much Dr Gelb was adamant about me not needing it. Instead, I w
Alan – Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
World class surgeon with outstanding credentials and experience. He is the surgeon to sports stars. I had a total hip replacement anterior. Excellent recovery and care. Great doc!!!
Dr. Betty Orlandino – Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Recently I had a most disappointing experience with Dr. Toman. I went in for a painful shoulder and was told it was a frozen shoulder. After 2 visits and 2 injections by his nurse I was given a prescription for therapy. Immediately after the appointment I went to therapy to make appointments. I was told they would call the next day to schedule them. After 3 phone calls and no return calls I then went online and found exercises I could do on my own. I went to my gym and rehabbed it on my own. My shoulder is now perfect. The doctor billed me $687 and $683 for both visits respectively. I was also billed $393 apiece for both injections administered by his nurse and $120 apiece for the medication. I also had an x-ray which ran $189. The doctor saw me for no more than 10 minutes each time and had the audacity to charge me a ridiculous amount for these visits. Also when I told them that therapy never called they didn't seem to care. Do not go to Dr. Toman. Ripoff!!
Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
would never use again; would never recommend; have no mobility whatsoever in my shoulder/arm; was never told I would not have any mobility
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Doctor Toman is very professional but his billing staff and receptionists are the most unprofessional and disrespectful you will encounter in a doctor's practice. If you don't pay what they demand, not what you can pay, they don't see you. Unethical, unprofessional, this is abuse under the insurance companies policies. I already put a complain with United Healthcare since they are in network and they should not deny a member service because he can't pay what they want me to pay. Ridiculous. Other thing is that receptionist said she is unable to complete a temp handicap decal form after a month of surgery. How do they expect from me that after an ankle surgery with internal fixation to walk normal after a month of surgery????? really stupid brainless women in his staff.
Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Dr. Toman fixed my Labrum shoulder repair and I am pain free for the first time in 4 years. I have struggled with the injury and Dr. Toman was patient and looked at all options for me. He made the scare of having surgery easier with his wonderful demeanor and bedside manner. He wants nothing but his patients to be 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Toman for your sport injuries!
Jack – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Dr Toman performed shoulder surgery on me in 1/20. No pain, just discomfort, as I progress with PT. Dr. Is very pleasant & explains what needs to be done to fix you. I highly recommend Dr Toman! His pleasant staff is very efficient with their responsibilities.
Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
First class all the way. Very straight forward and clear to your procedure. Dr Toman is cheerful, honest and highly professional. Wait time is short on visits and his staff is knowledgeable and pleasant. My recovery was with no pain and ahead of schedule.
Rich Connell – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
My left hip was hurting and told me my right was worse. Right hip replacement then left. Been in pain since 2015. Left had to be revised. Never needed right done. Now I live in more pain then before the replacments. Shame on him. Hack job
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I was looking for a 2nd option on my shoulders problem so I found this doctor and I decided to go with him because the reviews... be aware probably those positive reviews are family or staff or even paid people . To begin the staff is the rudest I have deal in my life , surgical coordinator hahaha, never answer the phone and the voice mail said will call you back before the end of business day... 3 massages in 2 weeks and still waiting The doctor always is in a rush to get you out, have to get really angry with him for him to do an explanation of my procedure Unfortunately because I waited to long and the insurance coverage this year I have to get my surgery with him, but believe me they are much better doctors out there don’t get stuck like me with this one
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I am on day # 11 post op total knee doing amazing Minimal pain Walked full weight day one Maybe 110 flexion Knee block and spinal made recovery easy Ice machine is best pain med
Nov 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I miss words to express my deepest gratitude to Dr. Thoman. He is an exceptional surgeon. He demonstrates professionalism and skills, giving you at the same time the highest possible confidence you so much need at time of challenge. Not to forget that the post-op protocol including therapy were handled to details. I would highly recommend Dr. Thoman to anybody needing orthopedic service. I found Him to be an exemplary in every way – the operating room and aftercare. He is totally dedicated, thorough and caring. Without question HE IS ONE OF BEST!!!! V Bassy.
V Bassy – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Toman?