Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

139 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Doctor Toman is committed to compassionate care for his patients. He makes himself available when his patients need him and he contributes to the community by donating his time to athletic and special events.Read more

Dr. Toman's Experience

See how Dr. Toman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Toman

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Toman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Toman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Toman to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Toman's Performance
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a labrum repair on my shoulder in January. He is extremely professional and confident in his knowledge of shoulders. He answered any questions I had with clear explanations. Dr. Toman is also very reassuring before and after the procedure. I would recommend to anyone.
Boca Raton, FL |
I was a 63 year old woman who had a total shoulder replacement about 2 years ago. I spent a long time deciding if I would get the surgery and am grateful that I did. I consider that I have 99% of my arm back, just my strength is less than I desire but I stopped doing my exercises. I am in the process of exercizing my shoulder and expect to gain strength. I am happy with the care and concern expressed by Dr. Toman and his team with regards to my care before and after the surgery.
Boca Raton, FL |
Only the best doctor on earth. If it wasn't for this man I wouldn't be in the position i am in now with my leg. I had a very bad situation with my leg and he took a lot of his time and effort into helping me become normal again. Hes a very tough doctor and thst just the person u need to get you to work hard during recovery. He made me have hope in a recovery and i am glad he took over my surgeries.
Parkland |
Do not make an appointment to see Dr. Toman. He performed surgery on my knee and never heard from him after the surgery. I had no idea what to do after the surgery-no instructions for post-op recovery or rehab. I tried making an appointment for a follow up, but on 2 different occasions there were 30 people waiting to see him at the same time-would have been a 2 hour wait for my appointment. Left work early twice to go to his office to experience this! Very unprofessional!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Performed wrong surgery on me. Tried to bill me $2000 over and above my insurance. Filed complaint and charge disappeared.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had a very bad tri malleolar fracture of my ankle from ski injury and Dr. Roman did total reconstruction. Result was exceptionally good, he and his staff were excellent and did great follow-up
in Pompano Beach, FL |
4 weeks ago Dr. Toman operated on my knee and let me say I really messed up my knee when I had my sports accident along with my shoulder. My shoulder is being operated on next week. Originally I was told no weight bearing for 4 weeks at my 2 week visit to remove the stitches he told me I could walk up to when I feel that I need to stop. It's now been 5 weeks and I have to say I feel great and my knee is in much better shape then I expected. I've been riding my bike for 3 weeks and last week I d
in Boca Raton, FL |
I would recommend him highly to family and fiends. I am extremely happy with my hip replacement surgery. His office staff is pleasant and efficient. When you go in both pre-op and post-op he listens to you.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I went to Dr Toman for shoulder pain I couldn't been happier with the surgery and Boca regional hospital. At first I was discouraged and feel like my shoulder was never going to heal but Dr Toman was right it took time but now I have full range of shoulders never felt better I highly recommend him he's very skilled .
Hollywood, FL |
The office will not refund the PPO discount that the office collected from me when they billed me up front for surgery!!!!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Very confident and proficient in his work. Pain for me was minimal
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a Reverse Shoulder Replacement procedure on Dec 15th, 2016. Needless to say I was very apprehensive about this procedure thinking about the rehab period, and the pain after surgery. I stopped taking pain pills within 48 hours after surgery, and the only reason I took them is because I was told to take them before therapy to avoid pain. I have been pain free and feel better each day since the procedure 2 weeks ago. I say to anyone with shoulder problems, Dr Toman is d'man.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had a reverse should replacement on November 10th... after surgery I was relatively pain free. One month later, I am doing great and pain free. I cannot wait to get back on the golf course! Dr. Toman is a wonderful surgeon.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Had a total knee replacement 5 weeks ago by Dr. Toman. The only discomfort I have now is after doing physical therapy, which is normal. If my knee got no better than it is right now, it would be 1000 times better than before the surgery. It is nice to walk and not be in pain with every step. My knee gets better and stronger every day. If you need an orthopedic surgeon, you need to call Dr.Toman. THE BEST!
Dr Toman is the best of the best. He and his staff are so so kind and I highly recommend him for any orthopedic issue. His follow-up and his pain management advice was excellent.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr Toman did an outstanding knee replacement on Me. 10 days later and I'm up and walking, I go up and down 10 stairs with ease. His staff is very friendly and my visits are actually a pleasure!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Toman to my friends and family. He explained the surgery to me at the first visit,answered all my questions and assured me that that the operation would be helpful for my problem hip. He was attentive while I was in the hospital and explained what the followup procedures would be. I was treated there by wonderful physical therapists, recommended by Dr. Toman. At the first appointment I was encouraged by his assurance that I was progressing well. He is the best!
in Boca Raton |
Recommend him hiighly. Very upbeat attitude. Very calming before/ after rotator surgery. Surgery done flawlessly. Minimal pain & scarring. He also hooked me up with a great Therapist Ashton Tyree.Rehab went very well. Office was extremely easy to work with. Very friendly, especially Stacy.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Toman, is a great surgeon and very helpful.I had a hip replacement and was really worried about it before i me met Him. He made sure that I was comfortable during my recovery process and always made sure I wasn't in pain. Overall I have been very pleased! I could not have asked for a better doctor. Made me feel ok before,during and After the surgery. I definitely recommend Him!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman is the best! Had a total knee replacement using the latest computer technology and accelerated recovery technique. I was walking without my walker or cane in 11 days and driving in just 3 weeks. Feeling great and thanking Dr. Toman everyday for making my life so much better.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had a reverse shoulder replacement by Dr. Toman and was extremely satisfied with my experience. He spent time with me to help me understand why I needed this type of replacement and what was involved. The surgery went very well and I had almost no pain. The after care was great, I had home health nurses every day for 2 weeks and a great physical therapist starting the day after I arrived home from the hospital. Everyone was knowledgeable and worked together to be sure I was getting great care.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I am 84 year-old and my right shoulder was damaged, so bad that my arm was strongly restricted. At Toman Orthopedics I met Dr. Toman, and subsequently, in Sept 2016 he replaced my right shoulder.The process, hospitalization, surgery, pain management, physical therapy was exceptional. The process was surprisingly painless from the beginning. The care and support was exceptional. I would highly recommend his services to everyone.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I recently had my left knee operated on by Dr. Toman. With a bone to bone situation, a total knee replacement was decided on. I had a goal for the very close future, my grandson's wedding. Employing the minimally invasive surgery my quadricept muscle was saved. This cut rhe rehabilitation time enormously. At 5 weeks and 3 days post surgery, I was on the dancefloor celebrating a most joyous occasion. While he is a truly dedicated surgeon, he ia also a warm, compassionate and charming man. A gem
in Boca Raton, FL |
After a different doctor did an injection in my swollen knee, I got drop foot. Dr. Toman diagnosed my problems. He did one surgery to release the nerve causing the drop foot and did a complicated knee surgery, giving me a new knee that is working very well. He is a caring and skillful doctor who has helped me tremendously to maintain my active lifestyle. I am 81 years old. Definitely I think he is the best!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Doesn't get better than Dr Toman. He did my shoulder in May injured in a skiing accident. Humorous pined, biceps muscle and rotator cuff repaired.. In 3 months. My shoulder was perfect. Sept 13,16 I had a full hip replacement. Today sept 24 I can walk without a walker Hardly any swelling, minimal pain, which I handle with little medication.. I followed his instructions.. But he is the best surgeon, in Florida. Probably the entire East coast. I wish you luck, with Toman you are in the best hands
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman's professionally skills were top notch. He took the time to explain my shoulder fracture procedure and follow up appointments needed to ensure my complete recovery. His staff were also the greatest, always available to take my phone calls. would highly recommend Dr. Toman.
in Boca Raton, FL |
After injuring my knee, I saw Dr. Toman. The diagnosis was a torn meniscus, which he repaired through arthroscopic surgery. The procedure, and recovery went exceedingly well. I had almost no pain and now have full movement of my knee.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman preformed shoulder surgery some months ago and the results have been excellent. He and his staff are professional and pleasant. He is straightforward about the procedure and therapy.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I had a right shoulder replacement. The surgery went very well. My pain is considerably decreased and my range of mobility in my right arm has greatly increased.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman recommended surgery when 2 other docs said no. His reputation is: Cut and Run!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman is a gem! He is a knowledgeable, smart and compassionate surgeon. Over the past few years I have consulted him for three different ailments; the last involving difficult and unexpected surgery. Dr. Toman was attentive and caring every step of the way. He took the time to expain to me what the surgery and PT would entail, and even described some outcomes that could, but did not, come to pass. He made sure I had the equipment I needed, and he also made sure I was always pain free and
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Great bedside manner, spends as much time as needed with me, absolutely no rush. Replaced shattered elbow, elbow works like new. Wonderful, capable and caring Doc
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a Arthroplasty on my left knee in July 2016. This was a knee that had a minor surgery done to it in October 2015 while I lived in Texas. That surgery was not successful and did not fix my issue. My primary doctor referred me to Dr. Toman and I thank her continually for the referral. Dr. Toman explained thoroughly the procedure, hospital time and PT to get me back to a normal walk again. He and his staff have to be the most caring group of people I have ever worked with.
Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman did a reverse arthroplasty on my 91-year old mother's shoulder. Great result and thoughtful post-op follow-up.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman did a partial knee replacement on the left knee. I'm a 56 year old male, great job. I'm recommending this Doctor if you ever need a Orthopedic Surgeon. He will sit down and walk you thru the whole process and what to expect during and after the surgery. After that if keeps up with how you are feeling and take great pride in making sure you are Happy with the results as I am. Thanks Again in taking great care of my needs.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I went to see Dr. Toman as a second opinion for shoulder surgery. After meeting with me and explaining the reason surgery was required, the procedure of the surgery and the rehab required after surgery I decided to move forward with the surgery. I am one month out from my surgery and could not be more pleased with the outcome and with my progress. Dr. Toman is in my opinion not only the best surgeon but has the best post surgery protocol to get you back to 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Toman.
in Boca Raton,FL |
Dr Toman's compassion, humor and knowledge made me comfortable with his diagnosis. Regarding my experience with Dr Toman, I would recommend him to anyone that would need orthopedic surgery.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Toman. He took time to explain every alternative available, and address all questions that I and my wife had. He has be genuinely interested in my case and my well being. Ultimately I had surgery and the results have been outstanding. His pain management and post op directions were appropriate and well thought out. I have regained full motion of my shoulder thanks to him!
in Boca Raton, FL |
My 16 year old son began seeing Dr Toman earlier this year after a knee injury. We have been more than pleased with the care he has received. Dr Toman is a great surgeon and the follow up has been exceptional. At each visit he not only checks his progress, but spends a good deal of time answering any questions we have. Phone calls to the office are promptly returned. It is one of the few offices in the area that I can say that each staff member is personable and courteous.
He is an excellent surgeon and very personable. My 86 year old Dad had a broken hip and is doing very good in his recovery from the surgery.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I am a 25 year old female runner/athlete and I have had two knee surgeries (one of each knee) from Dr. Toman over the past 2 years. The first one was a month before my wedding and honeymoon and we had a snowboarding trip planned in Italy. Needless to say, I was able to snowboard a month after surgery with no issues. The second surgery was the same injury on the other knee and went as smoothly as the first one. Dr. Toman is extremely intelligent, calm and amazing at what he does.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman has performed two different surgeries for me on two different injuries. He spent a great deal of time making sure I understood what was going to happen during the procedure and what my recovery would look like afterwards. The staff is amazingly friendly and I always received a phone call the afternoon of surgery asking how I was feeling and if I had any questions. Any time that I called to speak with any staff member my phone call was always either immediately answered.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I am a professional registered nurse who is committed to excellence and quality. Dr. Toman provided care for my husband which is exceptional, proficient, and skillful. He is personable and patient centered. His office is so efficient and his staff are warm, and on top of things. I highly recommend him. Dr. Colleen Morgan RN CNL DNP
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a partial hip replacement on me after a bad fall 2 months ago. I was in the hospital for 3 days, in Rehab for 3 weeks, then with a therapist at home. I am recovering very well. I have not had any pain. I wish to thank Dr. Toman and I will definitely recommend him to family and friends. Thank you, Dr. Toman!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman is an outstanding surgeon. I severely damage my rotator cuff and Dr. Toman restored my shoulder to well over 90% full rotation in the first four weeks. Dr. Toman is not only a skilled professional, but he is also one of the most personable physicians I have ever met. His high level of skill is sincerely complemented by his quality care and genuine concern for his patients. His office staff is extremely efficient and genuinely caring to all patients who enter his door.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. TOMAN IS SIMPLY THE BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IN FLORIDA.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I felt immediately comfortable and confident with Dr. Toman, He holds himself as well as his staff to the highest standard. I had total knee replacement 2 weeks ago. I'm walking with a cane and totally mobile. I work remotely so I'm back working full time as well. I have done and will continue to do 100% everything Dr. Toman and PT showed and tells me. I'm looking forward to a 100% recovery which everyone has told me I should be able to receive.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
My Rotator Cuff surgery was a great success. After 6-1/2 months of therapy I feel great and I am back to playing Golf. I am happy. Thanks to Dr. Toman.
in Boca Raton, FL |
repair of right radius arm fracture, within 4 months i have 85% mobility returned with no ill affects
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman replaced my shoulder. I find him to be a highly intelligent, well educated, caring, compassionate person and an exceptional surgeon. My surgery was a complete success due to Dr. Toman's expertise. His follow-up care is wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Toman and cannot say enough good things about my experience with him and his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Are you Dr. Toman?

Dr. Toman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Toman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Alpha Omega Alpha President, 2003
    • Alpha Omega Alpha Member, 2002

Dr. Toman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Toman's Board Certifications

• Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Leg Pain
  • Lower Extremity Trauma
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lumbar Sprain
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Metatarsalgia
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders
  • Musculoskeletal Pain
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Conduction Disorders
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neurological Injuries
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Hughston Hospital

Completed in 2009

University of Miami

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Toman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Toman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement