Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Dr. Toman
Telehealth services available

Toman Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, PA

1786 NW 2nd Ave Boca Raton, FL 33432

Dr. Charles Toman, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boca Raton, FL and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine medical school in 2003. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Boca Raton Regional Hospital and Broward Health North. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Toman to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Toman with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwest Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Northwest Medical Center today at (954) 228-6028.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwest Medical Center.

Dr. Toman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Toman

4.5

Dr. Toman?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (195)
  • Office environment (194)
  • Explained conditions well (193)
  • Long wait times (36)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (26)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (26)
Being employed in the healthcare industry, it’s easy for me to be hypercritical about all aspects of my care. My recent experience with Dr. Toman and his staff, both in the office and the operating room, is nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL. From the moment Dr. Toman was aware of my accident, he has gone above and beyond to ensure I received top quality care which is a standard for all his patient care.. He took time to explain the diagnosis and treatment options. He was conservative with the treatment plan and didn’t push surgery as a first option. Unfortunately, surgery was the direction I headed. I’m grateful to have had an uneventful and successful surgery with minimal post-op pain. Dr. Toman is very knowledgeable, professional, kind, patient and he truly cares…. Just to name a few of his great qualities. Without a doubt, I would highly recommend Dr. Toman to anyone requiring orthopedic surgery.
K. Deeb – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I had right shoulder surgery almost 5 years ago. No issues. Quick recovery. Went to his office last week for my left shoulder. No wait- very Covid-cautious and very friendly staff. 2-shots in arm and left shoulder, now I can sleep again. Thanks Doc!
Joel Dickstein – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I've waited a few months to post this, to make sure my second opinion was accurate. This is from May 2020. Preview - Dr Toman likes to go right into surgery. I had a spill off my bike. First, urgent care said my arm was broken (it wasn't, but it was why I went to Dr Toman). His diagnosis was my tricep tendon was torn. Gave me 3 options, but made the surgery seem like the only option viable and that others would leave me with big issues going forward. After hearing what my share would be from the insurance, I decided to get a second opinion. Diagnosis was accurate that tricep tendon was torn, but very slightly. Didn't affect my movement or strength. Second opinion, Dr Gelb, said he didn't want to put me through immobilizing my arm for 8 weeks, especially since I didn't need surgery. He said less than 5% chance that it would affect me in the future. He even said that if I wanted to do the surgery, he would refuse; that's how much Dr Gelb was adamant about me not needing it. Instead, I w
Alan – Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
World class surgeon with outstanding credentials and experience. He is the surgeon to sports stars. I had a total hip replacement anterior. Excellent recovery and care. Great doc!!!
Dr. Betty Orlandino – Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Recently I had a most disappointing experience with Dr. Toman. I went in for a painful shoulder and was told it was a frozen shoulder. After 2 visits and 2 injections by his nurse I was given a prescription for therapy. Immediately after the appointment I went to therapy to make appointments. I was told they would call the next day to schedule them. After 3 phone calls and no return calls I then went online and found exercises I could do on my own. I went to my gym and rehabbed it on my own. My shoulder is now perfect. The doctor billed me $687 and $683 for both visits respectively. I was also billed $393 apiece for both injections administered by his nurse and $120 apiece for the medication. I also had an x-ray which ran $189. The doctor saw me for no more than 10 minutes each time and had the audacity to charge me a ridiculous amount for these visits. Also when I told them that therapy never called they didn't seem to care. Do not go to Dr. Toman. Ripoff!!
Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
would never use again; would never recommend; have no mobility whatsoever in my shoulder/arm; was never told I would not have any mobility
Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Doctor Toman is very professional but his billing staff and receptionists are the most unprofessional and disrespectful you will encounter in a doctor's practice. If you don't pay what they demand, not what you can pay, they don't see you. Unethical, unprofessional, this is abuse under the insurance companies policies. I already put a complain with United Healthcare since they are in network and they should not deny a member service because he can't pay what they want me to pay. Ridiculous. Other thing is that receptionist said she is unable to complete a temp handicap decal form after a month of surgery. How do they expect from me that after an ankle surgery with internal fixation to walk normal after a month of surgery????? really stupid brainless women in his staff.
Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Dr. Toman fixed my Labrum shoulder repair and I am pain free for the first time in 4 years. I have struggled with the injury and Dr. Toman was patient and looked at all options for me. He made the scare of having surgery easier with his wonderful demeanor and bedside manner. He wants nothing but his patients to be 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Toman for your sport injuries!
Jack – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Dr Toman performed shoulder surgery on me in 1/20. No pain, just discomfort, as I progress with PT. Dr. Is very pleasant & explains what needs to be done to fix you. I highly recommend Dr Toman! His pleasant staff is very efficient with their responsibilities.
Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
First class all the way. Very straight forward and clear to your procedure. Dr Toman is cheerful, honest and highly professional. Wait time is short on visits and his staff is knowledgeable and pleasant. My recovery was with no pain and ahead of schedule.
Rich Connell – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
My left hip was hurting and told me my right was worse. Right hip replacement then left. Been in pain since 2015. Left had to be revised. Never needed right done. Now I live in more pain then before the replacments. Shame on him. Hack job
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I was looking for a 2nd option on my shoulders problem so I found this doctor and I decided to go with him because the reviews... be aware probably those positive reviews are family or staff or even paid people . To begin the staff is the rudest I have deal in my life , surgical coordinator hahaha, never answer the phone and the voice mail said will call you back before the end of business day... 3 massages in 2 weeks and still waiting The doctor always is in a rush to get you out, have to get really angry with him for him to do an explanation of my procedure Unfortunately because I waited to long and the insurance coverage this year I have to get my surgery with him, but believe me they are much better doctors out there don’t get stuck like me with this one
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I am on day # 11 post op total knee doing amazing Minimal pain Walked full weight day one Maybe 110 flexion Knee block and spinal made recovery easy Ice machine is best pain med
Nov 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I miss words to express my deepest gratitude to Dr. Thoman. He is an exceptional surgeon. He demonstrates professionalism and skills, giving you at the same time the highest possible confidence you so much need at time of challenge. Not to forget that the post-op protocol including therapy were handled to details. I would highly recommend Dr. Thoman to anybody needing orthopedic service. I found Him to be an exemplary in every way – the operating room and aftercare. He is totally dedicated, thorough and caring. Without question HE IS ONE OF BEST!!!! V Bassy.
V Bassy – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Two months out from bicep repair surgery and feeling very good. Dr. Toman did a fantastic job and patiently answered all my questions. Nothing but good things to say about him and his team.
Scott Christopher – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
What an awesome orthopedist surgeon. Dr. Toman replaced my knee and my husband's shoulder. Considering what surgery entails, it was a good experience. Dr. Toman has a very understanding staff, and does everything that they can to help you through the maze of surgery.
JSeeley – Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Amazing Doctor. Performed a complicated surgery to my broken and shattered femur. He had to pin the broken pieces just above my knee and add a soupy mix of donated bone in a cement like mixture to bind it all. Then he put a plate a pins the length of the femur from my knee to the upper bone just below a plate in my hip from an old break. He saved my femur. During rehab therapy the very experienced therapist have comment how well Dr. Toman as laid out the instructions for them to follow in my rehalitation. Viewing my xrays they marvel at the complicated surgery he performed. Dr. Toman himself told me this was one of the more complicated surgeries he has had to perform. Thank You Dr. Tolman and God Bless you and your marvelous staff.
Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Had surgery to repair broken clavicle. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result.
Boynton Beach , FL – Jun 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
I went to Dr Toman for a second opinion. Although he has a busy office, he took time with me and explained my options and what to expect with or without surgery. I had Total Hip Replacement about 18 months ago. I hope I don’t have to go through it again, but I would work with Dr Toman if I had too do this type of surgery in the future. I had complications with insurance but his office staff worked with me to work out the details. I did not feel there was good coordination with post surgical follow up with connecting with the required PT. Again, this could be to insurance industry more then the doctors office.
Lori in Boca Raton, FL – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
My hip replacement was easy and recovery was fast. So happy I got both hips replaced by Dr. Toman. Love how deeply he cares and five stars for bedside manner. In my opinion, he is the best surgeon. Ellen Tobin
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Toman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Toman?

Doctor Toman is committed to compassionate care for his patients. He makes himself available when his patients need him and he contributes to the community...Read more

• Pediatric Sports Medicine