Dr. Charles V. Toman, MD

Dr. Charles V. Toman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Toman Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, PA 7301A W Palmetto Park Rd Ste 100B, Boca Raton, FL 33433 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Doctor Toman is committed to compassionate care for his patients. He makes himself available when his patients need him and he contributes to the community by donating his time to athletic and special events.Read more

Dr. Toman's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Toman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Toman

Dr. Toman accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Toman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Toman's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Toman to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Toman
Dr. Toman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (98)
in Boca Raton, FL |
After injuring my knee, I saw Dr. Toman. The diagnosis was a torn meniscus, which he repaired through arthroscopic surgery. The procedure, and recovery went exceedingly well. I had almost no pain and now have full movement of my knee.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman preformed shoulder surgery some months ago and the results have been excellent. He and his staff are professional and pleasant. He is straightforward about the procedure and therapy.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I had a right shoulder replacement. The surgery went very well. My pain is considerably decreased and my range of mobility in my right arm has greatly increased.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman recommended surgery when 2 other docs said no. His reputation is: Cut and Run!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman is a gem! He is a knowledgeable, smart and compassionate surgeon. Over the past few years I have consulted him for three different ailments; the last involving difficult and unexpected surgery. Dr. Toman was attentive and caring every step of the way. He took the time to expain to me what the surgery and PT would entail, and even described some outcomes that could, but did not, come to pass. He made sure I had the equipment I needed, and he also made sure I was always pain free and
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Great bedside manner, spends as much time as needed with me, absolutely no rush. Replaced shattered elbow, elbow works like new. Wonderful, capable and caring Doc
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a Arthroplasty on my left knee in July 2016. This was a knee that had a minor surgery done to it in October 2015 while I lived in Texas. That surgery was not successful and did not fix my issue. My primary doctor referred me to Dr. Toman and I thank her continually for the referral. Dr. Toman explained thoroughly the procedure, hospital time and PT to get me back to a normal walk again. He and his staff have to be the most caring group of people I have ever worked with.
Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman did a reverse arthroplasty on my 91-year old mother's shoulder. Great result and thoughtful post-op follow-up.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman did a partial knee replacement on the left knee. I'm a 56 year old male, great job. I'm recommending this Doctor if you ever need a Orthopedic Surgeon. He will sit down and walk you thru the whole process and what to expect during and after the surgery. After that if keeps up with how you are feeling and take great pride in making sure you are Happy with the results as I am. Thanks Again in taking great care of my needs.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I went to see Dr. Toman as a second opinion for shoulder surgery. After meeting with me and explaining the reason surgery was required, the procedure of the surgery and the rehab required after surgery I decided to move forward with the surgery. I am one month out from my surgery and could not be more pleased with the outcome and with my progress. Dr. Toman is in my opinion not only the best surgeon but has the best post surgery protocol to get you back to 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Toman.
in Boca Raton,FL |
Dr Toman's compassion, humor and knowledge made me comfortable with his diagnosis. Regarding my experience with Dr Toman, I would recommend him to anyone that would need orthopedic surgery.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Toman. He took time to explain every alternative available, and address all questions that I and my wife had. He has be genuinely interested in my case and my well being. Ultimately I had surgery and the results have been outstanding. His pain management and post op directions were appropriate and well thought out. I have regained full motion of my shoulder thanks to him!
in Boca Raton, FL |
My 16 year old son began seeing Dr Toman earlier this year after a knee injury. We have been more than pleased with the care he has received. Dr Toman is a great surgeon and the follow up has been exceptional. At each visit he not only checks his progress, but spends a good deal of time answering any questions we have. Phone calls to the office are promptly returned. It is one of the few offices in the area that I can say that each staff member is personable and courteous.
He is an excellent surgeon and very personable. My 86 year old Dad had a broken hip and is doing very good in his recovery from the surgery.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I am a 25 year old female runner/athlete and I have had two knee surgeries (one of each knee) from Dr. Toman over the past 2 years. The first one was a month before my wedding and honeymoon and we had a snowboarding trip planned in Italy. Needless to say, I was able to snowboard a month after surgery with no issues. The second surgery was the same injury on the other knee and went as smoothly as the first one. Dr. Toman is extremely intelligent, calm and amazing at what he does.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman has performed two different surgeries for me on two different injuries. He spent a great deal of time making sure I understood what was going to happen during the procedure and what my recovery would look like afterwards. The staff is amazingly friendly and I always received a phone call the afternoon of surgery asking how I was feeling and if I had any questions. Any time that I called to speak with any staff member my phone call was always either immediately answered.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I am a professional registered nurse who is committed to excellence and quality. Dr. Toman provided care for my husband which is exceptional, proficient, and skillful. He is personable and patient centered. His office is so efficient and his staff are warm, and on top of things. I highly recommend him. Dr. Colleen Morgan RN CNL DNP
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a partial hip replacement on me after a bad fall 2 months ago. I was in the hospital for 3 days, in Rehab for 3 weeks, then with a therapist at home. I am recovering very well. I have not had any pain. I wish to thank Dr. Toman and I will definitely recommend him to family and friends. Thank you, Dr. Toman!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman is an outstanding surgeon. I severely damage my rotator cuff and Dr. Toman restored my shoulder to well over 90% full rotation in the first four weeks. Dr. Toman is not only a skilled professional, but he is also one of the most personable physicians I have ever met. His high level of skill is sincerely complemented by his quality care and genuine concern for his patients. His office staff is extremely efficient and genuinely caring to all patients who enter his door.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. TOMAN IS SIMPLY THE BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IN FLORIDA.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I felt immediately comfortable and confident with Dr. Toman, He holds himself as well as his staff to the highest standard. I had total knee replacement 2 weeks ago. I'm walking with a cane and totally mobile. I work remotely so I'm back working full time as well. I have done and will continue to do 100% everything Dr. Toman and PT showed and tells me. I'm looking forward to a 100% recovery which everyone has told me I should be able to receive.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
My Rotator Cuff surgery was a great success. After 6-1/2 months of therapy I feel great and I am back to playing Golf. I am happy. Thanks to Dr. Toman.
in Boca Raton, FL |
repair of right radius arm fracture, within 4 months i have 85% mobility returned with no ill affects
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman replaced my shoulder. I find him to be a highly intelligent, well educated, caring, compassionate person and an exceptional surgeon. My surgery was a complete success due to Dr. Toman's expertise. His follow-up care is wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Toman and cannot say enough good things about my experience with him and his staff.
in Boca Raton, FL |
After seeing another surgeon regarding hip replacement surgery and not feeling comfortable a friend recommended Dr. Toman. I have type 1 diabetes and wear an insulin pump and after meeting Dr. T, I was at ease not just because of his caring approach but because he knew all about type 1 diabetes and my pump and how to use it so if my blood sugars dropped or went high he would know exactly what to do. He's the best!!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
i would recommend dr toman 100%. he was very informative. caring and helpful. his staff is the best. he is an angel.. could have not asked for more. my recovery was so fast. dolores cerbini boca raton
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I tore my rotaor cuff early last year. Having never had surgery a day in my life, Dr. Toman eased my anxiety and spent considerable time explaining the procedure and post operative expectations. He was attentive and caring. Great bed side manner and had me running in 4 and a half months.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Great staff and superb surgeon. Wonderful, caring staff and doctor. So happy our family doctor recommended this practice for knee surgery.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman was the best Doctor i have experienced!
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had an shoulder surgery . The bottom line is that I recovered in three month. I had no pain during and after the operation. Dr Toman did an excellent job. He is very caring and attentive ,I would highly recomend him to anyone.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr Toman is an excellent surgeon. He did both of my knee replacements and my reverse shoulder. I am very pleased with the results. He is bright, articulate, and an expert in his field. He always took time with me. It's not too often you get a surgeon who is caring and considerate and really takes the time to explain and answer all your questions. BRAVO!
in Punta Gorda, FL |
My full reverse shoulder replacement surgery w/Dr. Toman was a very easy & almost painless experience. Besides being good at what he does, he is very caring and sincere. The three hour each way trip across Florida was well worth it. After six months, I am totally back to my normal activities.
in Parkland, FL |
Caring, competent physician. Excellent experience, we'll run office.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Fast and friendly diagnosis with a friendly staff. Dr Toman fixed my problem and more during surgery. Everything was turn key from pre op to rehab. Wouldn't go anywhere else. Was referred to him by a friend and every one I know personally boasts about what a awesome surgeon he is. Thanks Dr. ( This was my second surgery with Dr Toman with fantastic results and minimal pain.)
in Boynton Beach, FL |
i had 2 operations by dr toman in 2016.the whole experience was very professional. he explained both procedures very accurately and he told me step by step what was going to happen. the staff was also very professional, leading by the hand through the whole procedure. both procedures did not have any surprises. i had a new left shoulder and a knee operation to clean debris in my knee. i would recommend this office to anyone who is having this operation. great experience. mark rubin
Boca Raton, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Toman. He is highly skilled, professional and caring. I recovered from a total knee replacement with excellent flexibility and range of motion. My physical therapist couldn't believe my quick recovery and he now refers his patients to Dr. Toman. He is the best!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Shattered Radial Head RT Elbow & Fractured Metatarsal RT Foot! Dr. Toman relieved my anxiety prior to surgery by discussing thoroughly what the surgery and recovery procedure would require. As anyone may do with this extensive of a procedure, I did get a second opinion and they were in total agreement with Dr. Toman's recommendation. He performed an excellent surgery and supervised my recovery and physical therapy in a very professional way. His staff was excellent in making the arrangements.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had 2 full knee replacements within 3 months. Dr. Toman was the best surgeon. You can hardly see my scars and my down time was minimal. Within 3 months of the last surgery I was back playing golf. He is the best and I have recommended him to everyone.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I recently had my left hip replaced by Dr. Toman. He was very through in explaining the procedure and what was to be expected post op. He was also kind and respectful,answering any questions I had for him.,Office staff friendly and helpful in every way. I would definitely recommend him
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman has done two procedures on me Hip replacement and shoulder repair.In both cases he was efficient, informative with excellent bedside manners.His office staff is amazing and friendly. Great experiences both times
in Boca Raton, FL |
I have had two surgeries with Dr Toman in the past year- I have been doing very well and I had a shoulder replacement as well as a fracture repaired in my knee. I have no pain and I am very happy with my results!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Had hip Replacement surgery with Dr Toman on May 10, 2016....My first meeting with Dr Toman was a relief. I had been seeing another Dr, and had been told I was fine...no, I was in pain. Dr Toman listened attentively to me on that 1st appointment, and said we would find out what was happening with me. Only took an x-ray to show I had severe arthritis in my hip. My meetings with the Dr., his visits in the hospital, and my aftercare,have been attentively reviewed by Dr Toman and his staff.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I had a knee replacement 10 years ago. All was fine until I fell on it about a year ago and crushed bones tore ligaments,tendons for a total disaster in my leg and could not walk without a walking aid and in constant pain. I decided to make an appointment with the doctor who originally did my replacement and he recommended me to Dr. Toman. Dr. Toman did a total knee revision and thanks to him I am able to walk and work. Thank You Dr. Toman for your exceptional skills, care and kindness.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee. Two days after surgery, I no longer required a walker or cane. I have been pain free since day one and my only medication is an anti-inflammatory as prevention. Dr. Toman explained the procedure in detail before surgery and told my what to expect. The result has been better than expectation. He is knowledgable and caring and I am so glad to have had him as my surgeon.
Boca Raton, FL |
In December of last year, I attended a party in a large Boca Raton, FL home. In going down a number of stairs in the above home, I broke my knee. I heard from a number of sources I should immediately use Dr. Charles Toman of Boca Raton for my misfortune. I have never written a review like this one. Dr. Toman's survey was fantastic. I had no pain at any point. It was with his professional assistance that brought me back to my old self.
in Boca Raton, FL |
My name is Dr. Clare I. Sharp, ED, D and I am a patient of Dr. Toman. I found him to be an outstanding surgeon in the finest tradition of professional competence. He was very kind, compassionate and understanding of my unique situation for this 84 year old lady. I went from someone who was in a lot of pain, to someone with a full range of motion and no pain in my shoulder under his care. I would and have referred family and friends to him. Thank You Dr. Toman
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Charles Toman was very personable on my first visit taking his time with me, reducing my anxiety for my upcoming total knee replacement. He answered all the questions posed to him and explained the computer for alignment. His staff was excellent in making the arrangements. I'm two weeks out from surgery with excellent results so far. My wife had her knee replaced last year with a different physician and feels my experience has been much easier than hers.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Toman. I had shoulder replacement 4 weeks ago and i am amazed how little or practically no pain i have. Dr Toman explained the entire procedure i am able to raise my arm straight up , out to the side and to the front. I have not been able to raise or use my arm in over one year. I am so happy with the results and so happy how efficient his staff is. Dr. Toman is the most caring sympathetic and understanding Doctor i ever met. Thank you again . Sonia Z
in Delray Beach, FL |
After a major accident I required a reverse shoulder replacement. Dr Toman performed the surgery and closely supervised my recovery and physical therapy. He is a top surgeon, a most concerned and caring individual. He is always positive and encouraging. He clearly explained the surgery and its potential outcomes. His caring staff is unmatched for excellence. He has helped me gain significant use of my shoulder since my surgery nine months ago. Thank you Dr Toman.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman has been professional and knowledgeable from the beginning to the end of my procedure and healing process. The surgery he performed on my elbow was a 100% success, and I feel great. I would wholeheartedly recommend him. His staff is also very nice, professional, and helpful.
Have you seen Dr. Charles V. Toman, MD?
Are you Dr. Toman?