Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Dr. Charles Toman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Charles Toman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Boca Raton, FL. He has been practicing for 14 years.

7301A W Palmetto Park Rd Ste 100B

Boca Raton, FL 33433

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Toman

See how frequently Dr. Toman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone
Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
Hip Sprain

Dr. Toman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Toman "Doctor Toman is committed to compassionate care for his patients. He makes himself available when his patients need him and he contributes to the community by donating his time to athletic and special events."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Leg Pain
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Metatarsalgia
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders
  • Musculoskeletal Pain
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Conduction Disorders
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neurological Injuries
  • Prosthetic Joint Mechanical Failure
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Quadriceps Tendon Tears
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rib Fracture
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Neuroplasty
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

• Hughston Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

• Alpha Omega Alpha President, 2003
  • Alpha Omega Alpha Member, 2002

Dr. Toman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Toman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Toman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Toman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Toman to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Toman's Performance
Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman is without a doubt one of the best physicians that I’ve encountered in my 45 years in the medical profession. His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personable. His surgical skills are amazing, as evidenced by my only 5” scar & my ability to ambulate the same day of the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Toman to my colleagues, friends & family members with absolutely no hesitation.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I am a woman in my mid-sevwho had a severely arthritic knee. After years of various treatments I was referred to Dr Toman. What I liked most was that he was kind, empathetic, and cut right to the chase. He said I would need a knee replacement but before I did that, I had other courses of treatment that were less invasive if I wanted. I chose to delay surgery and over the better part of a year, found temporary relief but nothing lasting. I elected surgery and had it done Aug 15 of this year. Dr T
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I had quad sparing total knee replacement on right knee in February this year. I have never had surgery in my 64 years except same day arthroscopic at age 50, which did not help. I had the best experience with Dr Toman and his awesome staff, at the Boca Regional Hospital. I feel great, did all the therapy prescribed and had a very quick recovery! I highly recommend Dr. Toman to anyone considering knee replacement. He is up on the most current techniques, and has a great professional manner.
Decatur, GA |
Dr.. Toman is fantastic. My mother, at age ninety, fell and needed a total shoulder replacement. Although we had no time to research Dr. Toman, she could not have been luckier. She had no complications from the surgery, has no pain and can fully function. Dr. Toman isa kind, caring, attentive doctor. He is the best.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had extensive shoulder surgery with Dr Toman in June. While I was in considerable pain prior to surgery, I now feel great and have full range of motion. - a tribute to his surgical skills and the post-op regimen he oversees. Moreover, he is kind, caring and considerate of my individual needs. I highly recommend Dr Toman.
Deerfield Beach, FL |
Knee replacement 6 weeks ago, had no idea what to expect. Dr Toman was very clear, respectful and knowledgeable. He made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. Continues to encourage me through the difficult rehab phase, excellent follow up.
boca Raton,FL |
Dr. Toman did an excellent job with my Mother's surgery and we are very thankful that we found him. She had broken her femur bone and needed her knee replaced at 78 years old and the operation and recovery went very smoothly. Dr. Toman helped us make the right decision and was very experienced.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Total shoulder replacement. Excellent surgeon would highly recommend him for any orthopedic procedure. He is extremely knowledgeable and aware and involved in the latest techniques, procedures and equipment.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Over the past 2 years I met with 3 orthopedic surgeons to discuss hip surgery. After expensive PRP treatments, cortisone shots and physical therapy, I tried gel injections which worked for awhile. My physical therapist and pain doctor - independently - recommended Dr. Toman who spent considerable time with me. He listened & clearly explained my situation. Now at 3 weeks post surgery I am walking, pain-fre, without a cane. He is a caring, highly skilled surgeon.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I am very satisfied with the right shoulder replacement that Dr. Toman did for me. I would gladly recommend him to family and friends. It was very easy to make an appointment. The office is modern and very clean. The staff is very professional and friendly. Total wait time was about 25 min. I had the upmost trust in Dr. Toman's diagnosis and treatment He took time with me and answered all my questions.
Boca Raton, FL |
Had meniscus repair. All went well and knee gives me no trouble. Dr Toman is a skilled and competent surgeon.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman operated on my right knee 03/21/2017. After 10 weeks P/T I am mobile and pain free. He is an excellent surgeon and explains all in detail and is very patient. I recommend him now and forever.
in Boca Raton, Fl |
I recently had a complete knee replacement with Dr Toman and my experience was excellent. He was very straightforward and direct. He explained things very well. And all of his recommendations were as excellent as he is. When I well enough to drive myself to physical therapy , the therapist guessed who my doctor was by how well I was doing! I have already recommended him to several friends.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I had an outstanding experience with Dr. Toman and his staff. He performed a reverse replacement of my right shoulder and could not be more pleased. The surgery is a total success. I like that he is to the point and explains what the problem is and what needs to be done.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Had shoulder replacement the end of February have ha d no pain 3 months. highly recommend Dr.. Toman and his staff.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Very good Doctor. Surgery went well. Recovery was fast.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr Toman. The care I received was exceptional and my recovery and rehabilitation has far exceeded my expectations. If you need surgery and are looking for the best treatment available my recommendation is to see Dr Toman and his highly professional staff right away!
in Boca Raton |
Dr. Toman was awesome! I highly recommend him for anyone seeking excellent care before, during, and after surgery. I had a shoulder repair and at 6 weeks after surgery far exceeding my expectations.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Having Dr. Toman replace my right knee was the best health decision I ever made.
in Delray Beach, Fl |
On 2/21/17 I had arthroscopic knee surgery for repair of subchondral fracture, medial tibial plateau and torn medial meniscus. I knew this was not major surgery, but I was totally prepared for postoperative pain, discomfort and limitations. To date...I have not taken any pain medication what-so-ever. I am assuming Doctor Toman's surgical expertise is a major factor in my pain-free postoperative recovery. Very positive surgical experience. I am now two months post surgery and doing well.
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a labrum repair on my shoulder in January. He is extremely professional and confident in his knowledge of shoulders. He answered any questions I had with clear explanations. Dr. Toman is also very reassuring before and after the procedure. I would recommend to anyone.
Boca Raton, FL |
I was a 63 year old woman who had a total shoulder replacement about 2 years ago. I spent a long time deciding if I would get the surgery and am grateful that I did. I consider that I have 99% of my arm back, just my strength is less than I desire but I stopped doing my exercises. I am in the process of exercizing my shoulder and expect to gain strength. I am happy with the care and concern expressed by Dr. Toman and his team with regards to my care before and after the surgery.
Boca Raton, FL |
Only the best doctor on earth. If it wasn't for this man I wouldn't be in the position i am in now with my leg. I had a very bad situation with my leg and he took a lot of his time and effort into helping me become normal again. Hes a very tough doctor and thst just the person u need to get you to work hard during recovery. He made me have hope in a recovery and i am glad he took over my surgeries.
Parkland |
Do not make an appointment to see Dr. Toman. He performed surgery on my knee and never heard from him after the surgery. I had no idea what to do after the surgery-no instructions for post-op recovery or rehab. I tried making an appointment for a follow up, but on 2 different occasions there were 30 people waiting to see him at the same time-would have been a 2 hour wait for my appointment. Left work early twice to go to his office to experience this! Very unprofessional!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Performed wrong surgery on me. Tried to bill me $2000 over and above my insurance. Filed complaint and charge disappeared.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had a very bad tri malleolar fracture of my ankle from ski injury and Dr. Roman did total reconstruction. Result was exceptionally good, he and his staff were excellent and did great follow-up
in Pompano Beach, FL |
4 weeks ago Dr. Toman operated on my knee and let me say I really messed up my knee when I had my sports accident along with my shoulder. My shoulder is being operated on next week. Originally I was told no weight bearing for 4 weeks at my 2 week visit to remove the stitches he told me I could walk up to when I feel that I need to stop. It's now been 5 weeks and I have to say I feel great and my knee is in much better shape then I expected. I've been riding my bike for 3 weeks and last week I d
in Boca Raton, FL |
I would recommend him highly to family and fiends. I am extremely happy with my hip replacement surgery. His office staff is pleasant and efficient. When you go in both pre-op and post-op he listens to you.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I went to Dr Toman for shoulder pain I couldn't been happier with the surgery and Boca regional hospital. At first I was discouraged and feel like my shoulder was never going to heal but Dr Toman was right it took time but now I have full range of shoulders never felt better I highly recommend him he's very skilled .
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman performed a Reverse Shoulder Replacement procedure on Dec 15th, 2016. Needless to say I was very apprehensive about this procedure thinking about the rehab period, and the pain after surgery. I stopped taking pain pills within 48 hours after surgery, and the only reason I took them is because I was told to take them before therapy to avoid pain. I have been pain free and feel better each day since the procedure 2 weeks ago. I say to anyone with shoulder problems, Dr Toman is d'man.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had a reverse should replacement on November 10th... after surgery I was relatively pain free. One month later, I am doing great and pain free. I cannot wait to get back on the golf course! Dr. Toman is a wonderful surgeon.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Had a total knee replacement 5 weeks ago by Dr. Toman. The only discomfort I have now is after doing physical therapy, which is normal. If my knee got no better than it is right now, it would be 1000 times better than before the surgery. It is nice to walk and not be in pain with every step. My knee gets better and stronger every day. If you need an orthopedic surgeon, you need to call Dr.Toman. THE BEST!
Dr Toman is the best of the best. He and his staff are so so kind and I highly recommend him for any orthopedic issue. His follow-up and his pain management advice was excellent.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr Toman did an outstanding knee replacement on Me. 10 days later and I'm up and walking, I go up and down 10 stairs with ease. His staff is very friendly and my visits are actually a pleasure!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Toman to my friends and family. He explained the surgery to me at the first visit,answered all my questions and assured me that that the operation would be helpful for my problem hip. He was attentive while I was in the hospital and explained what the followup procedures would be. I was treated there by wonderful physical therapists, recommended by Dr. Toman. At the first appointment I was encouraged by his assurance that I was progressing well. He is the best!
in Boca Raton |
Recommend him hiighly. Very upbeat attitude. Very calming before/ after rotator surgery. Surgery done flawlessly. Minimal pain & scarring. He also hooked me up with a great Therapist Ashton Tyree.Rehab went very well. Office was extremely easy to work with. Very friendly, especially Stacy.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Toman, is a great surgeon and very helpful.I had a hip replacement and was really worried about it before i me met Him. He made sure that I was comfortable during my recovery process and always made sure I wasn't in pain. Overall I have been very pleased! I could not have asked for a better doctor. Made me feel ok before,during and After the surgery. I definitely recommend Him!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman is the best! Had a total knee replacement using the latest computer technology and accelerated recovery technique. I was walking without my walker or cane in 11 days and driving in just 3 weeks. Feeling great and thanking Dr. Toman everyday for making my life so much better.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had a reverse shoulder replacement by Dr. Toman and was extremely satisfied with my experience. He spent time with me to help me understand why I needed this type of replacement and what was involved. The surgery went very well and I had almost no pain. The after care was great, I had home health nurses every day for 2 weeks and a great physical therapist starting the day after I arrived home from the hospital. Everyone was knowledgeable and worked together to be sure I was getting great care.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I am 84 year-old and my right shoulder was damaged, so bad that my arm was strongly restricted. At Toman Orthopedics I met Dr. Toman, and subsequently, in Sept 2016 he replaced my right shoulder.The process, hospitalization, surgery, pain management, physical therapy was exceptional. The process was surprisingly painless from the beginning. The care and support was exceptional. I would highly recommend his services to everyone.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I recently had my left knee operated on by Dr. Toman. With a bone to bone situation, a total knee replacement was decided on. I had a goal for the very close future, my grandson's wedding. Employing the minimally invasive surgery my quadricept muscle was saved. This cut rhe rehabilitation time enormously. At 5 weeks and 3 days post surgery, I was on the dancefloor celebrating a most joyous occasion. While he is a truly dedicated surgeon, he ia also a warm, compassionate and charming man. A gem
in Boca Raton, FL |
After a different doctor did an injection in my swollen knee, I got drop foot. Dr. Toman diagnosed my problems. He did one surgery to release the nerve causing the drop foot and did a complicated knee surgery, giving me a new knee that is working very well. He is a caring and skillful doctor who has helped me tremendously to maintain my active lifestyle. I am 81 years old. Definitely I think he is the best!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Doesn't get better than Dr Toman. He did my shoulder in May injured in a skiing accident. Humorous pined, biceps muscle and rotator cuff repaired.. In 3 months. My shoulder was perfect. Sept 13,16 I had a full hip replacement. Today sept 24 I can walk without a walker Hardly any swelling, minimal pain, which I handle with little medication.. I followed his instructions.. But he is the best surgeon, in Florida. Probably the entire East coast. I wish you luck, with Toman you are in the best hands
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Toman's professionally skills were top notch. He took the time to explain my shoulder fracture procedure and follow up appointments needed to ensure my complete recovery. His staff were also the greatest, always available to take my phone calls. would highly recommend Dr. Toman.
in Boca Raton, FL |
After injuring my knee, I saw Dr. Toman. The diagnosis was a torn meniscus, which he repaired through arthroscopic surgery. The procedure, and recovery went exceedingly well. I had almost no pain and now have full movement of my knee.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman preformed shoulder surgery some months ago and the results have been excellent. He and his staff are professional and pleasant. He is straightforward about the procedure and therapy.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I had a right shoulder replacement. The surgery went very well. My pain is considerably decreased and my range of mobility in my right arm has greatly increased.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman recommended surgery when 2 other docs said no. His reputation is: Cut and Run!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Toman is a gem! He is a knowledgeable, smart and compassionate surgeon. Over the past few years I have consulted him for three different ailments; the last involving difficult and unexpected surgery. Dr. Toman was attentive and caring every step of the way. He took the time to expain to me what the surgery and PT would entail, and even described some outcomes that could, but did not, come to pass. He made sure I had the equipment I needed, and he also made sure I was always pain free and
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Great bedside manner, spends as much time as needed with me, absolutely no rush. Replaced shattered elbow, elbow works like new. Wonderful, capable and caring Doc
Have you seen Dr. Charles Toman, MD?
Are you Dr. Toman?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at University Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Toman

Dr. Toman accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Toman has admitting privileges