Dr. Charles Stillerman, MD

Dr. Charles Stillerman, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Stillerman's clinical interest is in Thoracic and Lumbar Trauma. Since 1995 he served as the Clinical Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery, Department of Neurological Surgery at the University Of Southern California School Of Medicine and Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery at the University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine.Named frequently as one of the Best Doctor's in America in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors, Dr. Stillerman has written and lectured extensively on Spinal disorders, Spinal injuries, and specifically on Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Stabilization. He is a member of many Society Memberships/Committees including: Fellow of the American Surgeons (F.A.C.S.), American Association of Neurologic Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Neurosurgical Society of America, AANS-CNS Joint Section of Neurotrauma and Critical Care, and AANS - CNS Joint Section of Spine and Peripheral Nerves.

Dr. Stillerman's Experience

See how Dr. Stillerman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stillerman

Dr. Stillerman accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Stillerman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stillerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stillerman to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Stillerman's Performance
in Franklin NJ |
I have had extensive spinal surgery due to complications of radiation that I had 18 years ago. The team was top notch and didn't not stop assessing my complaints until a solution was found. It was a very difficult surgery/recovery but well worth it. I am pain free with no more symptoms.I still continue follow up visits with Dr Stillerman. He is a talented, thorough, caring doctor that is readily accessible!!
Parsippany, NJ |
My mother saw Dr. Stillerman because of a fracture in her spine that was causing severe pain. During the appointment he explained different treatment options. Although other family members were present, Dr. Stillerman spoke to my mother and made sure she understood and was a part of the decision making process. She chose to have a kyphoplasty done. She is very happy to be pain free and still living independently. We appreciated the respect and compassion he showed for the elderly.
in Newton, nj |
Wonderful caring physician. Answers patients questions and concerns. He is an excellent surgeon who I would recommend without reservation.
in Budd Lake N.J |
Dr. Stillerman was the only doctor who would operate on my back. I had multiple fractures in the thoracic part of my back affecting the T9 -11 disks. Using the Da-Vinci robotic machine Dr. Stillerman successfully stabilized my back and took the horrible pain away. Due to the severity of my condition Dr. Stillerman was the only doctor who would help me. He did a fantastic job when no other doctor would even try. I can not thank him enough. MaryAnn Budd Lake NJ
Dingmans Ferry, PA |
I met Dr. Stillerman one day before he performed an emergency ACDF procedure on me. His knowledge about what was happening to me (as I had not been feeling well for four months and declining) was right on target but even more impressive was his calm and warm demeanor. Even though what I was going through was very scary, I somehow felt relieved and safe in his care. I felt more than just another one of his patients; I felt as though he truly cared about my well being. I am VERY grateful for him!
Very positive experience with him and his staff. Very professional and meticulous with his work. Answered all of our questions and took time to explain everything.
I would highly recommend Dr Stillerman. Recently my family member was involved in a job related accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury that required multiple extensive procedures throughout the hospital stay. Not only was he very knowledgable, he also took time and thoroughly explained everything to us and kept us informed. The severity of the injury left us with times of uncertainty but Dr Stillermans skill, expertise and dedication saved his life which forever will be appreciated!
in Kinnelon, NJ |
Needed to see Dr. Stillerman for an emergency situation. He took care of me immediately and addressed all my concerns. He operated on my neck for a disk problem. I am amazed by how well I have recovered. I can't thank him enough for his gifted surgical skills and professionalism. His staff is also outstanding. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
in Allamuchy, NJ |
Dr. Stillerman is an amazing surgeon. He was the on call surgeon when my boyfriend was brought into the trauma center. We could not have chosen a better doctor if we had had the time to do so. His bed side manner was incredible. We were in a horrible situation, but he put both myself and boyfriend at ease. He did not force anything and when we asked what he would do if it was one of his children, he answered truthfully. During the post surgery follow up, he made sure to visit and send his staff
Bedminster, NJ |
Dr. Stilleman came highly recommended by a family friend who is also in the medical field. He was incredibly knowledgeable and very involved when my brother was in need of surgery. He went out of his way to explain every detail of the procedure. When rounding - he made sure to answer all of our questions and put my brother at ease with his caring bedside manner. During the post-op follow up, he was engaging and patient. The entire hospital staff only had very positive accolades about him.
in Morristown |
I could have found a better doctor if I had used a Ouija board. He really did not care about me, but liked my insurance. Luckily, I did not need surgery even though he said I would not get better without it.
in Morristown, NJ |
he messed up my back surgery. The doctors in NY were able to make the pain tolerable after a few more surgeries. If I had surgery at HSS first, I would not have all this suffering
Denville, NJ |
Not Good. This doctor is too slick, n will lure you into thinking the practice has you covered, whether male or female. Once the 6 figure surgical procedure is done, you're history (there may be talent in the OR, but it is DWARFED BY THE ARROGANCE!!). They have zero tolerance for any patient who needs post op help. Both I and a friend were patients; n rudely told by staff "we don't have time to get into this with you, we have many patients, see your primary care physician if you have pain.
in Glastonbury, CT |
Chuck did an anterior spinal fusion on me following a serious accident in rural North Dakota. We were amazed that a world class surgeon was available. (Turns out that farming causes innumerable spinal problems) This was a very involved procedure, and 14 years later I am walking, running, rowing, hiking much better than most 66 year old men. He also performed procedures on my father and mother (serious accident) with good results. He is personable (rare in surgeons), communicative and very caring
Newton, NJ |
HE IS AN ARROGANT MAN
Have you seen Dr. Charles Stillerman, MD?
Are you Dr. Stillerman?

Compare Dr. Stillerman

Dr. Stillerman says...

Dr. Stillerman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Stillerman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stillerman's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

Graduated in 1982

University of Southern California School of Medicine
    Medical College of Wisconsin
    University of Michigan

Dr. Stillerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stillerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty