Dr. Charles Soparkar, MD

Oculoplastic Surgery | Male

Dr. Charles Soparkar, MD

Dr. Soparkar received both his PhD in molecular biochemistry and his medical degree from the University of Massachusetts. He has trained, taught, and published int he fields of plastic and aesthetic surgery, oculoplastic surgery, head and neck surgery, neurosurgery, molecular biochemistry, ocular pathology, ophthalmic oncology, and peri-ocular aging. He has authored over 100 articles and book chapters and lectured across five continents. Prior to entering private practice in Houston, Dr. Soparkar served as Chief of Oculoplastic Surgery and Ophthalmic Oncology at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Boston University, and the world-renowned Lahey-Hitchcock Clinic with additional teaching appointments at Harvard and Tufts Universities. Today, Dr. Soparkar focuses on identifying and merging cosmetic, aesthetic, and functional solutions for all of his patients. Over half of his practice involves correcting issues resulting from prior surgeries. Dr. Soparkar has personally treated over 7,000 people with Thyroid Eye Disease and performed over 15,000 cosmetic eyelid procedures. Dr. Soparkar believes that every person requires individualized solutions and that patient education is the cornerstone of successful care.

...See Less

Dr. Soparkar's Care Philosophy

Although we have a busy practice, we strive to provide each and every person with thoughtful, caring, and individualized solutions. Patient education is absolutely essential. Only a fully informed person can make careful choices and then help in his or her own management.

Dr. Soparkar's Experience

See how Dr. Soparkar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Soparkar

Dr. Soparkar accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Soparkar is now accepting new patients
Houston Office3730 Kirby Dr Ste 900
Houston, TX 77098
(713) 795-0705Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Soparkar has admitting privileges.

Dr. Soparkar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Soparkar to family and friends
Dr. Soparkar's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Soparkar and his staff are wonderful! They made me feel comfortable from the consultation through the surgery. Dr. Soparkar did a great job with my blepharoplasty and I could not be more pleased with the results.
in Stamford, CT |
I consulted with Dr. Soparkar who diagnosed my condition as Thyroid Eye Disease. Initially, reluctant, I began treatment with Dr. Soparkar for almost 2 years. What can i say about Dr. Soparkar - a highly skilled, gifted professional - outstanding patient communication, attentive & supportive; performed several surgical procedures with patience & encouragement. The goal was preservation of eyesight & i will always be grateful to Dr. Soparkar. It is a privilege to be in his care.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Soparkar and his staff were very professional and considerate during the entire surgery process. The surgery was done in the office without complications. He is a gifted eye surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Soparkar for eye surgery.
in The Woodlands, TX |
First let's just say that everything went exactly as described. In the first meeting Dr. Soparker evaluated my situation related to a hereditary muscle disease affecting my ability to open my eyelids and advised on the possible courses of action and his recommendation, which I accepted. The surgery was scheduled and went without a hitch. In all phases from the initial consultation through the post-op meeting, Dr. Soparker took the time to explain anything and everything we wanted to know.
in Pearland, TX |
Dr. Soparker is very gentle and cared about my needs. The surgery he did was excellent. I highly recommend him.
in Spring, TX |
I've been receiving botox from Dr. Soparkar for about a year now. Always an excellent experience with excellent results.
in Boerne, TX |
The staff, from the first contact with Dr. Soparkar's office were professional and personable. I was well informed at every step. An information packet fully describing the procedure(s), the care required before and after the surgery, and what I could expect was provided in a clear concise manner. I felt very comfortable throughout the process asking any question or expressing my concerns. I can recommend Dr. Soparker, and his wonderful staff, without hesitation. Wonderful results for me.
in Houston, TX |
I wish Dr. Soparker was my primary doctor-he has great bedside manner and was very informative about the surgery. I never felt pressured, hurried, or like I didn't matter. I was contemplating blepharoplasty for years but could never go through with it because I was scared of looking completely different after the procedure. I come from mixed heritage so it was very important for me to look "like me" after my blepharoplasty. After the surgery I couldn't be happier - he is the best at what he does
in Spring, TX |
What I appreciated most about Dr. Soparkar is his concern for my eye health vs. my vanity. (lol) He ensured my eyes were healthy before proceeding with my procedure and I'm extremely pleased with the results. My face looks natural and unless you knew me prior to the procedure you don't know I had anything done. He is a honest, caring, comedic, and most of all makes each patient feel as if they're his only one. His staff keeps him abreast of any changes necessary. Would definitely use him again
in Houston, TX |
As a practicing medical professional myself for nearly 17 years (nationally certified/Registered Radiology Technologist- RT(R) since 2000...), both I, AND my wife (the one experiencing eye probs/issues), were EXTREMELY impressed with Dr. Soparkar's personal attention, his knowledgeable yet comfortable patient-friendly attitude in explaining/answering any questions, and only further exemplified by his follow-up/AFTER-HOURS reply phone calls to us (once at 6:30pm, another on a Sunday afternoon!!)
in Houston, Texas |
Dr. Soparker explains the procedure clearly and he produced an excellent result for me. His staff is also well trained and extremely nice to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of his specialty.
in League City, Tx. |
Excellent, supportive, everything was good about my visit. I feel like God lined up the right people for me, I am blessed to have had him as my doctor to take care of me and restore my vision.
in Dallas, Tx |
I had a blepharoplasty done in Dallas, stitches were left behind which had me in pain for a long time. Dr. Soparkar preformed my corrective surgery, it was 180* difference from my first surgery, I had no pain. Bruising was very little. Beautiful work. Dr and staff was very knowledgably and prompt, laid out the procedure and arranged my hotel stay which was so helpful. I had an amazing experience
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Soparkar is an excellent surgeon. As a nurse in the field of plastic surgery for more than 25 yrs I am well versed as to who in the city is outstanding in their field of expertise. Dr Soparkar and Dr Patrinely have been doing cosmetic blepharoplasties longer than than anyone in Houston. It was an easy decision to make when it came time to have my cosmetic eyelid surgery done. Dr Soparkar did my lower eyelids and he did an excellent job. He was meticulous from pre op to post op, very happy !
in Houston, texas |
Eleven years ago I had my upper and lower lids done by Dr. Soparker. My right eye at the crows feet was cut too deep and I still have the scar from it. I had to fill it in everyday for two years with a very thick skin colored substance that his office provided. The first six months were horrible, it was so bad and I was so embarrassed that I cancelled a trip to Greece with friends. The "divot" is still there after 11 years. He refunded my money, but I was very upset for 2 years.
in Pearland, TX |
I recently saw Dr. Soparkar and was completely amazing with his bedside manner. He and his wonderful assistant, Kristan, went to great lengths to ease my concerns knowing I was already nervous and took the time to explain the procedure and everything he was going to do. Kristan was even kind enough to hold my hand during the procedure. I was completely comfortable the entire and absolutely thrilled with the results. I can't say enough good things!
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Soparkar saved my vision. I am blessed to have had the best surgeon for my orbital decompression. Thyroid eye disease, as well as treatment options, were explained. His compassion, knowledge, skill and experience are the best.
in Houston, TX |
More than a good doctor, I value the fact that you were a good listener and explained every step of my procedure verbally and I was given documentation on my first visit in reference to my procedure on what to expect and how to take care of myself after surgery. The supplements recommended by you gets an A+ to prepare me before surgery and after, little bruising and no pain. More than being just professionals, I value the fact that your staff’s attitude was exceptional. Thank you.
in Elkhart Texas |
I have had Graves' disease for years . I wanted the beat of the best to do my obirital decompression. He is the best. I felt 100% comfortable leaving the care of my eyes in his hands together with Dr Alfred they did amazing and I would highly. Recommend them Both! Sequoia Sanders Elkhart Texas
in Beaumont, TX |
After having blepharoplasty on both eyelids by a local cosmetic surgeon, the nurse handed me a mirror and I KNEW something was wrong. The right eye was completely different from the left. I was assured it was swelling. Five days later, it was worse. Suddenly my doctor referred me to Dr. Soparkar, and I thank God for this wonderful, caring doctor. It was a frightening ordeal for me, thinking my eyes would never 'match.' It took almost three months, but Dr. Soparkar took care of it. He is amazing.
in Palacios TX |
I have nothing but great things to say about him. He was a blessing for my family and I. I made a mistake by hitting the wrong button on a previous post and want to correct it. Dr. Soparkar is a great dr. And person as well. I am glad to have met him and had him as my surgeon and would highly recommend him for any eye related surgery
in Houston, TX |
From the initial interview to the followup visit, Dr. Soparker and his team were efficient and skilled. The surgery was fast and the results were perfect. I was particularly impressed by the family atmosphere of the group - they enjoyed working together!
in Richmond, TX |
I was totally pleased with Dr. Soparkar. He is an excellent surgeon and it was a pleasure to be in his care.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Soparkar and his staff were very friendly. They were able to get me an appointment on a short schedule and fix my ailment in minutes. I highly recommend them.
in Brazoria, TX |
Very personable
in Alvin, TX |
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Soparkar and staff. I felt I was very well informed and educated about my options during my visit. Both the doctor and staff were extremely friendly and willing to help me in whatever I needed, at no point did I feel like a burden. Office is beautiful and relaxing, it was overall a great visit. I would encourage anyone who is looking for an eye specialist to visit with him.
Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr. Soparkar and his staff was very positive.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Soparkar has all the attributes a great surgeon should possess especially when you require any procedure involving your eyes. He knows what he is doing, has excellent decision making skills and gave me the confidence needed before, during and after the procedure. Always striving for perfection, he will do what is necessary to achieve it. He has excellent communication skills with his patients and staff. My experience with Dr. Soparkar has been excellent and I would highly recommend him.
in Pearland Tx |
Feel I got the best care possible w Dr. Soparkar. I appreciated his explaining fully what the options were & his reassuring manner. Would definitely recommend him highly.
in Houston, TX |
I went to see Dr. Soparkar for a lower eyelid surgery consult. I had the best experience. I could not be more confident with Dr. Soparkar and his staff.
in Houston, TX |
The best doctor and staff
Have you seen Dr. Charles Soparkar, MD?
Are you Dr. Soparkar?

Compare Dr. Soparkar

Dr. Soparkar's Care Philosophy

Dr. Soparkar says...

We are internationally recognized for our cosmetic eyelid and complex reconstructive eyelid and orbital (eye socket) procedures. We have treated over 7,000 patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (Graves' Disease) and are world-wide leaders in botulinum toxin and dermal filler treatments.

Dr. Soparkar says...

Please review our physicians' CVs on our website to appreciate the depth of our patient-treatment and academic expertise. The over 100 unsolicited letters from patients on our website is inspiring.

Dr. Soparkar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oculoplastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Soparkar has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Soparkar's Board Certifications

• Chronic Headache
  • Classic Migraine
  • Common Migraine
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

Texas Med Ctr

Completed in 1995

Oberlin College

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Soparkar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Soparkar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oculoplastic Surgery