Allergy & Immunology  |
Dr. Charles Smith, MD
Raised in a family of six on a farm in Western Kentucky, Dr. C. Steven Smith has a special interest in botany and in keeping animals and the families that love them together by helping those families control their allergies, many of which threaten relationships with their pets. Highly credentialed, he is board-certified in both pediatrics and in adult and pediatric allergy, asthma and immunology. He has a master's degree in microbiology and immunology with research emphasis on the mechanisms of the causes of asthma. Dr. Smith has been inducted as a Fellow in the Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. He is the founder of AllerSmith Research Labs and is an inventor and developer of drug-free, allergy control products for people who have allergies to pets, insects, mold and indoor plants (including live Christmas trees). His research in environmental allergy control has been ongoing since 1979. Dr. Smith has helped patients with food and skin contact allergies, sinus infections and asthma. He has extensive experience in sports respiratory medicine and currently serves as the team referral physician specialist in asthma and allergy for the University of Louisville Athletic Department. He has been a consulting physician for the Louisville Zoo since 1978, assisting the zoo veterinarians with the care of any exotic animals with allergies and other medical problems. Emphasizing quality over quantity, Accredited Asthma, Allergy & Food Intolerance Center cares for a limited number of patients. Dr. Smith's staff personally answers all calls, listens, and is empathetic to patients' individual needs. His practice is dedicated to fostering personal care and trust. He's willing to learn what can be done to relieve his patients' symptoms. Patients who choose Accredited Asthma, Allergy & Food Intolerance Center can, therefore, expect the very best in every aspect of their allergy care. Accredited Asthma, Allergy & Food Intolerance Center offers extensive evaluations for both food and inhalant allergy illnesses, as well as additional patch skin tests for those patients who require evaluation for skin contact allergy problems. Being the Kentuckiana area's most educated and highly trained individuals in allergy, asthma and immunology, Dr. Smith and his staff are dedicated to recapturing the spirit and foundation of medicine and the patient-physician covenant.

1009B N Dupont Sq

• Bluegrass Family Health
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthLink
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Smith

For over 30 years, board-certified allergist and immunologist, C. Steven Smith, MD and his staff have provided proven relief for allergy and asthma sufferers in the Ohio River Valley. Dr. Smith works with variable combinations of sinus allergy, hay fever, recurrent upper respiratory infections with constant throat drainage, snoring, and headaches.  His approach involves the long-term picture.

In AAAC's practice, common, but overlooked food, bladder, bowel, pet, and unusual skin rash issues are not uncommon to Dr. Smith. The office employs standard allergy evaluating techniques, but prides themselves in customizing allergy tests to diagnose unusual cases when the patient's case history necessitates unique evaluations.

Dr. Smith has developed a line of products to benefit pet allergy sufferers sold nationwide.  Additionally, his patent-pending nasal spray is being used by hundreds of allergy sufferers to control their sinus/allergy miseries with minimal effort, yielding great relief.

Dr. Smith's Experience

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Allergy & Immunology

• Allergic Rhinitis Due to Food
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Sinusitis

• Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Patch Testing

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• MSU
  • University Louisville Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976
  • University Louisville Affil Hosps
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Louisville, KY |
I receive bi-weekly shots at the office. The staff is always prompt, friendly and professional. I can not recall waiting more than five minutes for a shot. I see Dr. Smith once a year to retest my allergies and consult. I have always found him to be very professional and knowledgable. I am happy with my progress under his care.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Smith is very knowledgeable, figuring out how to get my allergies under control when other physicians couldn't. He has a great bedside manner, explains issues/treatments in an understanding way and his staff are wonderful. I have referred many of my family and friends, who saw other allergists but still struggled with their allergies, to Dr. Smith and he has improved their conditions and quality of life. In my opinion he is a "Miracle Worker".
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Smith actually takes the time to talk about how you are feeling and really cares weather his treatment makes you feel better. I have recommended him to many of my friends who suffer from allergies. I have been going to them for over 10yrs and I am highly satisfied. The staff is like family, I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Smith and his staff have gone above and beyond to help both me and my son in getting our allergies and my asthma under control. Dr. Smith is extremely knowledgeable in his field of medicine, as is his staff. They obviously put quality of patient care as their utmost priority. I highly recommend Dr. Smith and his staff!
Louisville, KY |
Excellent Dr. I have recommended a friend and I take my children to Dr. Smith. Staff does an excellent job and is very friendly.
in Louisville, ky. 40220 |
He takes his time with you and is very through. Very down to earth friendly. Getting the allergy shots have really helped me. Glad I met Dr. Smith.
in Jeffersonville, IN |
Dr. Smith has helped me tremendously with my Asthma and Allergies. They were uncontrollable! I only have to use my rescue inhaler for extreme issues like strong fragrances and prior to exercising now. I feel very valued by both him and his staff. I would highly recommend him to any friend or family member.
in Louisville, KY |
He has a great bedside manner. Interested in solving problems not addressed properly by other allergists. He has a very caring staff who treat you like family.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Smith is extremely knowledgeable in his field! He goes above and beyond to help find treatments for his patients. He has helped my son with his cold induced asthma and nut allergies. As well as my husband with his good sensitivities and environmental allergies. He is great with kids and spent time helping me put together a plan of action for my son's asthma to keep him from having to miss school and a course of action for his nut allergies.
Louisville, KY |
Prior to visiting Dr. Smith's office, I had been to several physicians without relief from my interstitial cystitis. Once I was food tested and eliminated these foods from my diet, I have a great improvement with my symptoms. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith's office.
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Smith and his staff are very knowledgeable and helpful in meeting my allergy needs. Would definitely recommend!!
in Louisville, KY |
My asthma and allergies needed someone to treat them together - I found that help with Dr. Smith and his staff. My environment and food allergies are now controlled and because of that so is my asthma. I haven't needed my inhaler at all this spring - definitely beyond grateful for the help I have received since starting with Dr. Smith.
Chicago, IL |
His bedside manner (for lack of another term) is awesome. He is easy to talk to and he is extremely knowledgeable. He keeps me out of the ER and I am positive that he has saved my life.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Smith, MD?
Are you Dr. Smith?

Visit Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 18 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Bluegrass Family Health
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • HealthLink
    HealthLink PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio