Psychiatry  |
Dr. Charles Shissias, MD
Dr. Charles Shissias, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Beaufort, SC. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Shissias is affiliated with Beaufort Memorial Hospital.

Lowcountry Neurology & Headache

300 Midtown Dr

Beaufort, SC 29906

Learn about Dr. Shissias

Dr. Shissias' Experience

Dr. Shissias' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Neurology

• Psychiatry
  • Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Concussion
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Washington & Lee University
  • Tulane University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Lsu Interim Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Shissias has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shissias does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shissias and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shissias' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shissias to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Shissias' Performance
    GOOD
Decatur, TN |
I had been given a referal to see him for nerve damage for a dog bite on my face but he didn't even want to touch on the subject because I was in a lawsuit because of the attack.. he said that since my primary care doctor did a test on my cheek and believed I had nerve damage then there is nothing more he could do although it was my primary care doctor who wrote my a referal to see him since he is professional with nerves and she wanted him to confirm it but he did nothing about it and even wrot
Okatie, SC |
I am so glad I came here to read these reviews! I was his patient several years ago and was just thinking maybe it was just me. Or maybe he's gotten better. Seems more like he's gotten worse! He refused to continue seeing me several years ago because he couldn't seem to help improve my anxiety and depression. He said the only way he'd continue treating me is if I got ECT (shock) treatments!! He wouldn't refill my meds either! I found a different doc. I am looking again.
Beaufort,SC |
I like him very much! He was honest, to the point, and knowledgeable. He treated me with respect and didn't make me feel horrible like other Neurologist can. I feel better than i have in ages and its all thanks to him helping me recognize what the true problems where.
in Beaufort, SC |
Worst "doctor" I've ever had! I wish I had seen these reviews before accepting a referral to him. My experience was the same: he's extremely condescending & made no effort to diagnose, just prescribed a drug I didn't want for symptoms I don't have. I had a terrifying, nearly suicidal reaction, but he didn't respond to 2 msgs I left asking what to do. I weaned myself off it & at next appt, he implied I was lying about reaction & prescribed a stronger version of the same med. AVOID THIS QUACK!
in Beaufort, S.C. |
Took a family member for neurological care. My family doctor had tried to warn me, but we went anyway. He came in late, and said,"You know I am also a psychiatrist," as if we were supposed to bow down to him. He spoke of my family member's condition for about 1 minute and said,"It's as simple as that," and he left the room. What a waste! I wish soeone would complain to the AMA about him. Cocky, thinks he is a god, talks to patient as if they were stupid.
in Hilton Head Island, SC |
I was diagnosed with Conversion Disorder after an incident left my daughter in law brain dead. I had the same experience. Not really that considerate on my first visit better on my next. I've developed almost an anxiety attack when I first wake in the morning. I went to see him today to get the med I need and he wouldn't even give me a week's amount until my appt. next week. So I'm left trying to deal with this on my own until I find a better doctor. May go back to a psychiatrist in Beaufort.
in Hilton Head Island, SC |
Dr. SHIASSIS is well educated. But, he is condescending & uncaring. In the years I was his patient for migraines,never once examined me. He just prescribed pills. He was at least 30-45 minutes late for EACH appointment. At the end, when denied refill, I was put in position of abandonment by him as I was out of town & couldn't come in & see him. Was forced to go cold turkey off medicine he felt necessary for me. If that doesn't show abandonment and lack of care, what does? Not recommend.
Bluffton, SC |
Didn't explain use of med and I was told by another doctor to get off of it because of the severe withdrawal symptoms. Three calls to make a second appointment- never call wsback. Stay away!
in Hilton Head Island, SC |
I saw him over a year ago, and it was one of the worst encounters with a healthcare professional I have ever had. First, he was 3 hours late for the appointment and offered no apologies. He just flopped down, sighed, and made it clear he didn't want to be there. He scoffed at the radiologist's report on my MRI and was sarcastic the entire time. There I was dealing with a new diagnosis which was EARTH SHATTERING to me and he LAUGHED at me and made stupid remarks. I found a better neurologist.
in Beaufort, SC |
Worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. He gave me a diagnosis. When I asked questions about it, he told me to go home and google it! I was shocked!
Have you seen Dr. Charles Shissias, MD?
Are you Dr. Shissias?