Dr. Charles Shissias, MD

Dr. Charles Shissias, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Charles Shissias, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Beaufort, SC and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Medical University Of South Carolina in 1994 and specializes in psychiatry and neurology.

300 Midtown Dr

Beaufort, SC 29906

Learn about Dr. Shissias

See how frequently Dr. Shissias performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Peripheral Nerve Disorders
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache

Dr. Shissias's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry
  • Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Washington & Lee University
  • Tulane University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Lsu Interim Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Shissias has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shissias does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shissias and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shissias' Reviews

2.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shissias to family and friends

Dr. Shissias' Performance

GOOD

Misdiagnosed my mother, leading to delays in her proper treatment and avoidable urgent situation of her great distress. Changed her medications from a generic drug that was working for her to a brand-name medication in the same class, which she could not tolerate.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had been given a referal to see him for nerve damage for a dog bite on my face but he didn't even want to touch on the subject because I was in a lawsuit because of the attack.. he said that since my primary care doctor did a test on my cheek and believed I had nerve damage then there is nothing...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I am so glad I came here to read these reviews! I was his patient several years ago and was just thinking maybe it was just me. Or maybe he's gotten better. Seems more like he's gotten worse! He refused to continue seeing me several years ago because he couldn't seem to help improve my anxiety...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I like him very much! He was honest, to the point, and knowledgeable. He treated me with respect and didn't make me feel horrible like other Neurologist can. I feel better than i have in ages and its all thanks to him helping me recognize what the true problems where.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Worst "doctor" I've ever had! I wish I had seen these reviews before accepting a referral to him. My experience was the same: he's extremely condescending & made no effort to diagnose, just prescribed a drug I didn't want for symptoms I don't have. I had a terrifying, nearly suicidal reaction, but...more
Are you Dr. Shissias?